Sponsored

Advanced Fiberglass Concepts Hardtop Delivery?

pakrat

Badlands
First Name
JG
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Toyota 4Runner-F250-Tundra
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Was the refund at least easy and fast? I have been mulling that over with my 10k Canadian for this top I could do some nice mods that could be done this year.
Yes. I received a check in less than a week. You can also give them bank routing info and they will do it that way but I went with a check. They were fast and friendly during the refund process. I didn't want to cancel but felt it was time for me at least. When I talked with them I said give me a reason not to cancel but nothing other than we understand your concerns and hope to be shipping soon was given. It looks so promising but without better communication and some honesty about the continuous delays than I need to wait and watch from the sidelines at this point.
Sponsored

604Bronco

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.bronco6g.com
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ford Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Was the refund at least easy and fast? I have been mulling that over with my 10k Canadian for this top I could do some nice mods that could be done this year.
Hello fellow Canadian! 🇨🇦

So I cancelled my ADV hard top order recently - They were good about either sending it via ETF, or cheque. ETF required a bunch of banking info I was not too thrilled about sharing, so asked them to send a cheque. They issued it via certified mail and it arrived in < a week, if I recall correctly.

One word of caution: The bank may hold this cheque for quite some time. If you don't have a US account, they may need to verify the cheque is legit before processing it - It's a large sum of money. In my case, I was told 1.5 months (accounting for business days, it was "one month." This was resolved much sooner by speaking to the branch manager who pushed it through quicker, but just keep that in mind.

Last edited:

mdavis

Badlands
First Name
Matt
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1978 Toyota Landcruiser
Your Bronco Model
Badlands

So I cancelled my ADV hard top order recently - They were good about either sending it via ETF, or cheque. ETF required a bunch of banking info I was not too thrilled about sharing, so asked them to send a cheque. They issued it via certified mail and it arrived in < a week, if I recall correctly.

One word of caution: The bank may hold this cheque for quite some time. If you don't have a US account, they may need to verify the cheque is legit before processing it - It's a large sum of money. In my case, I was told 1.5 months (accounting for business days, it was "one month." This was resolved much sooner by speaking to the branch manager who pushed it through quicker, but just keep that in mind.
I plan to request refund next week. Lost all trust.

I plan to cancel next week. Lost all trust.

JimsFords

Outer Banks
First Name
Jim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
69 Boss 302 Mustang, Ford Escape, F-150
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Well........I ordered my hardtop a year and a half ago. They are always blaming their suppliers, but I wonder who is in charge of the suppliers? They obviously have no control or expertise in getting this hardtop done. My latest call to them last month was that it would be shipped this November. I'm not holding my breath.

JimsFords

Outer Banks
First Name
Jim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
OH JOY! I just got the new email with the latest excuses. Now shipments will start in January but, good news!, They will send you an email and tell you if you're in shipping block 1, 2, or 3 which is out in March. But as a final note he's telling you that if 'you're on the fence', better get your order in quick!! Lovely.

Sponsored

adcam

Badlands
First Name
Mando
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco 4DR 2.3L
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
This should be the final "say" from ADV. If they don't deliver the first batch by mid January, the "thousands" who ordered should get a refund and call it a day.

MNBigfoot

Base
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
F150
Your Bronco Model
Base
This should be the final "say" from ADV. If they don't deliver the first batch by mid January, the "thousands" who ordered should get a refund and call it a day.

Tippster

Badlands
First Name
Tom
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Audi TT, Badlands
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I do not think I'll ever take possession of my pre ordered hardtop from. ADV May of 2022. Every month it's another months out, it's supply chain it's rubber things are not assembling as easily as we would like now I'm into a January 2024 delivery date. The current excuse is labour shortages.

I'm really annoyed and disappointed with this companies lack of communication.

Stop with the cute youtube videos on how good the hard top is. If you can't make them and ship them they are not good at all. They told me they have only shipped 12 beta hardtops to the earlier Beta hardtop testers youtube content creators. Zero of regular pre order holders.

I asked them tell me exactly what is holding the hardtops up and exactly what they are doing to remedy the problem.

I recieved a prompt reply to their credit that it is a labour shortage issue.

Whole neighborhoods are built, sewers gas electricity water utilities roads homes parks are built faster than some "f" ing hardtops.

Like seriously WTF. My Bronco will be 3 years old b4 I get my hardtop. WTF.
You wont - they are criminals.

GreenMtnBronco

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'21 BadSquatch; 13 Wrangler JK; 04 Lifted Mini
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

so, here we are with 6 days left in January....
what they should do is send an interest payment check to all of us that they've had our money for 2 years. I could have dropped it in a large cap fund and made enough money to pay for the top in those last two years (which is where I am sure they parked the money)

Sponsored

JimsFords

Outer Banks
First Name
Jim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Well, I shouldn't be surprised....I was told I was in the first batch--should be after almost 2 years, but I think it's time bail out. They should owe us interest after this long, but of course that won't happen. Has anyone purchased a Turn Offroad top ?

mgp1

Everglades
First Name
Megan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2024 Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Everglades
I ordered a new Bronco with a hard top that’s already scheduled to be built and will be here before anyone gets one of these hard tops. And if I remember correctly when I inquired, you have to pay the total cost upon order? Uhhh, nah
Sponsored