Sponsored

Advanced Fiberglass Concepts Hardtop Delivery?

mdavis

Badlands
First Name
Matt
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1978 Toyota Landcruiser
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
That would be great if anyone local could go see where they are actually at in production. I just called and I'm now being told late November early December and that they have not shipped any out yet. Still in final assembly. They are either having problems they are not telling us about don't have enough people working on it or do not intend to ever deliver. They seem to have a decent track record of delivering another products but I have never purchased anything from them. I am about the end of my rope with my level of confidence in their ability to deliver and in the quality of what we may receive. If anyone is near their operation in California let me know and I'll help make it worth your while to stop in and get a first hand look at where they're really at in production. ADvFC if you are monitoring these blogs we would appreciate more transparency and a date we can all rely on.
Sponsored

woodsman44

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
"ADvFC if you are monitoring these blogs we would appreciate more transparency and a date we can all rely on."
[/QUOTE]
Ford Bronco Advanced Fiberglass Concepts Hardtop Delivery? lol-icegif-4

JediMcMuffin

Badlands
First Name
Tommy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco Badlands
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Well maybe I should just order that 200-600mm lens i've been pining over and the next time I'm nearby just park across the street and paparazzi them

Dadsquatch

Outer Banks
First Name
Brad
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Ford Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

Someone just fly a drone over their yard. And if they have a roll-up door open, then let 'er fly inside too.

Sponsored

ALEXMURPHY

Outer Banks
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford bronco
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
My order was placed and paid for April 4, 2022. I received an email yesterday pushing delivery date now into late October. It seems that whenever I contact Advanced Fiberglass, delivery gets bumped out another month. I will be sure to post when and if I receive my hardtop. If you think that you are getting your top in September after placing your order 3 months ago, I think you are kidding yourself.
May 2022 here same song and dance, keeps getting bumped another 2 months. Just assembly is taking longer than expected. Never any actual real examples of what exactly us going on or the actual steps they are taking to rectify the wait.

Bird Dog Off Road

Badlands
First Name
Jody
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.youtube.com
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco Badlands w/Sasquatch
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Has anyone who has pre-ordered a hardtop from AFC actually taken delivery already? I wasn’t surprised to see entities such as TCCUSTOMS already took delivery of one. I still have yet to see AFC’s hardtop with a sound deadlining headliner installed as well. AFC keep’s advertising more and more Bronco accessories, but I haven’t seen anyone post on them shipping orders for their hardtops or anyone taking delivery of them.
Been rocking my Anderson Composites Hard Top since April. Really surprised they haven't started getting these out by now.

Fordmanfrombirth

Outer Banks
First Name
Gary
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Ford Bronco Outer Banks
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

May 2022 here same song and dance, keeps getting bumped another 2 months. Just assembly is taking longer than expected. Never any actual real examples of what exactly us going on or the actual steps they are taking to rectify the wait.
Yes, well here it is November 2023. Basically a year after they said they would be shipping. It is frustrating that there is no real explanation as to what is going on, what steps are being taken and a realistic projection as to when shipping will commence. Like you said, same old song and dance. I am responding on every social media post from #Advfiberglass, "When are you starting to ship the hardtop orders?" No response so far.

smoot618

Badlands
First Name
Chase
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Nothing
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Pre-ordered immediatly when possible and was told late Dec/Jan is delivery window.

Safe to say they aren't responding here anymore (which I don't blame honestly) but I doubt we see these hardtops until 2024 if we're lucky. It sucks because I was looking at purchasing more products from them in the future but after this fiasco, I wouldn't give them a dime.

WILDcardOD

Wildtrak
First Name
Patrick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Rav4, Bronco on the way
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

Pre-ordered immediatly when possible and was told late Dec/Jan is delivery window.

Safe to say they aren't responding here anymore (which I don't blame honestly) but I doubt we see these hardtops until 2024 if we're lucky. It sucks because I was looking at purchasing more products from them in the future but after this fiasco, I wouldn't give them a dime.
Crazy thing is that they seem to ship the rest of that stuff pretty reliably. It’s actually what gives me some hope this works out.

Sponsored

WILDcardOD

Wildtrak
First Name
Patrick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Rav4, Bronco on the way
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

Maybe a 6g member delegation in California should go inspect the AFC plant and the progress of the top? The only person I've "seen" with an actual top is @MitchellWatts down there in Alabama.
Pretty sure apg offroad has a couple on their prerunners, and then 1 dude they talked about who runs an instagram page about broncos. 4more_bronco or something.

ALEXMURPHY

Outer Banks
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford bronco
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
I do not think I'll ever take possession of my pre ordered hardtop from. ADV May of 2022. Every month it's another months out, it's supply chain it's rubber things are not assembling as easily as we would like now I'm into a January 2024 delivery date. The current excuse is labour shortages.

I'm really annoyed and disappointed with this companies lack of communication.

Stop with the cute youtube videos on how good the hard top is. If you can't make them and ship them they are not good at all. They told me they have only shipped 12 beta hardtops to the earlier Beta hardtop testers youtube content creators. Zero of regular pre order holders.

I asked them tell me exactly what is holding the hardtops up and exactly what they are doing to remedy the problem.

I recieved a prompt reply to their credit that it is a labour shortage issue.

Whole neighborhoods are built, sewers gas electricity water utilities roads homes parks are built faster than some "f" ing hardtops.

Like seriously WTF. My Bronco will be 3 years old b4 I get my hardtop. WTF.

pakrat

Badlands
First Name
JG
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Toyota 4Runner-F250-Tundra
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Crazy thing is that they seem to ship the rest of that stuff pretty reliably. It’s actually what gives me some hope this works out.
Funny, I see it totally differently for that exact reason. Because they do ship product that is finished and complete, it means they can't complete these despite their best efforts. That's what caused me to finally get my refund last week. Definitely didn't want to be the last one in an expensive game of musical chairs and be out $6k plus. They must be really having a problem otherwise they would be shipping at least slowly.

If the "influencers" who received them don't even post about the tops quality or any feedback then it can't be good. I really hope they come out great and they start shipping soon but when it is the same canned response every time a stated shipping timeframe comes and goes there is zero reason to think it will happen this time. "January... or sorry, ran into some fill in the blank issue looking more like end of Feb or March for sure." I'll get back in line if and when they get these into customers hands and the reviews are solid. But at $6k to hold a spot in line for a product which clearly has issues beyond labor and supply chain issues is simply too risky after missing the last shipment timeframe.

And for the labor shortage excuse, maybe stop all production on the other products you are shipping, maybe stop with all of the cute emails about builds, maybe stop the IG posts, and maybe put those employees on the hardtop project. I doubt anyone buying hoods or fenders has been waiting two years. Literally just received an email about their sale starting tomorrow (excluding hardtops). They have labor to market, produce, and ship those products! Labor doesn't explain why ONE top can't get built and shipped when they are doing those other things (not to mention half the assembly is going to be on the buyer if it ever gets to you anyhow).

Last edited:

WILDcardOD

Wildtrak
First Name
Patrick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Rav4, Bronco on the way
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

Funny, I see it totally differently for that exact reason. Because they do ship product that is finished and complete, it means they can't complete these despite their best efforts. That's what caused me to finally get my refund last week. Definitely didn't want to be the last one in an expensive game of musical chairs and be out $6k plus. They must be really having a problem otherwise they would be shipping at least slowly.

If the "influencers" who received them don't even post about the tops quality or any feedback then it can't be good. I really hope they come out great and they start shipping soon but when it is the same canned response every time a stated shipping timeframe comes and goes there is zero reason to think it will happen this time. "January... or sorry, ran into some fill in the blank issue looking more like end of Feb or March for sure." I'll get back in line if and when they get these into customers hands and the reviews are solid. But at $6k to hold a spot in line for a product which clearly has issues beyond labor and supply chain issues is simply too risky after missing the last shipment timeframe.

And for the labor shortage excuse, maybe stop all production on the other products you are shipping, maybe stop with all of the cute emails about builds, maybe stop the IG posts, and maybe put those employees on the hardtop project. I doubt anyone buying hoods or fenders has been waiting two years. Literally just received an email about their sale starting tomorrow (excluding hardtops). They have labor to market, produce, and ship those products! Labor doesn't explain why ONE top can't get built and shipped when they are doing those other things (not to mention half the assembly is going to be on the buyer if it ever gets to you anyhow).
I totally get that point as well. My only hope is that they just aren’t pushing them out because they really want the quality perfect before anyone else has them and they told the influencers they have a prototype and things will be improved on or change. But regardless your point/stance stands.

ALEXMURPHY

Outer Banks
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford bronco
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks

Was the refund at least easy and fast? I have been mulling that over with my 10k Canadian for this top I could do some nice mods that could be done this year.
Sponsored