Dan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Toyota Highlander
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

Wait, they are building 4,500/week. If mic top is produced 7 days, that's only 2,100. I thought 90% of orders were hard top. That's not quite enough to meet demand.
10,000 a month, divided by 4 is 2,500 per week.
Sponsored

tym2teeup

Outer Banks
First Name
David
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford F-150
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
This is my understanding as well. Really interested in an overlanding camper that pushes close to the Bronco Tow limits and would be really frustrated to find that I couldn't do it aftermarket without spending an arm and a leg which is what everyone seems to be indicating.

Or worse, something happens to the 30k camper and Ford won't cover it because I didn't have a factory Tow package installed

Wolfie272

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
95 Jeep Wrangler, 19 Ram 1500
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Ford Bronco [Updated] 300 MIC tops produced per day, but still constrained 1642813197813

Fordmanbob

Wildtrak
First Name
Bob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 F150 4x4 supercrew, 2006 F350 4x4 superc.
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Well great!☹ changed my WT to a soft top when I had to reorder from my21 to my22. Guess I'll just get a Advance concept hard top now. Congrats to all who got their MIC tops!

Sponsored

MannyG20

Badlands
First Name
Ted
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
F-150
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Changed my 2-dr base ManSquatch to a 4-dr BL with soft top this Monday. My order was pulled on Thursday. BTW my reservation is 7/16/20.

tym2teeup

Outer Banks
First Name
David
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford F-150
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
You can buy the same parts from ford. Unlike my F150, the factory towing package on a Bronco, is the hitch assembly and 7/4 pin wiring. A 4 or 7 pin and be easily added later. Only difference between the two, is the 7 allows for accessories, mainly electric brakes on the trailer. If you’re not in a hurry and are more comfortable having the factory install, I’d certainly wait. Mine will be a DIY. Best to you!

JohnnyBronco

Outer Banks
First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
X4
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

What would be great is if they would let us soft top conversions buy a MIC at a reasonable price for all the headache. I’m willing to wait for it while supply catches up.
Wake me up when that happens. About same time 2024 they allow us to order the modular painted tops through accessories for 2026 delivery

JohnnyBronco

Outer Banks
First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
X4
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

Anyone find it hilarious that the "best" Customer Support Person happens to have the name of what is stereotypically the most annoying person for Customer Support to deal with?
Only so many names are used by support, and none are real.

Sponsored

whitmack1

Outer Banks
First Name
Whit
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
‘16 Sahara JKU / '18 4Runner TRD
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Whether true or not, it contradicts what Esteban from the Ford Bronco team just said during a QnA. He said point blank the MIC top was still constrained due to throughput issues. That is that production does not meet demand. If there weren't throughput issues, then far more of the 10,000s of hardtop vehicles with early reservation would have build dates. There are still countless day 1, 2 and 3 reservation hardtops waiting for build dates. Recent build dates are still skewing towards soft tops. I hope they are producing a ton of hard tops, but there is no evidence beyond hearsay from a help line, which is basically the most useless help line ever.
Where is the Q/A with Esteban on BN. I looked and couldn’t find it, but would love to see it or read it.

phocion

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2010 Mustang
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Both Karen and Esteban could be telling the truth, but Esteban might be talking about current production whereas Karen is talking about production in the March timeframe currently being scheduled.

The new Webasto roof plant in New Hudson is supposed to open up this quarter.

Chaos

Wildtrak
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
95 EB Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Where is the Q/A with Esteban on BN. I looked and couldn’t find it, but would love to see it or read it.
Latest video update from the talking heads....
Sponsored