Bill
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2006 GMC 2500
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

For those of us that switched to the soft top, did she say when they would be available for aftermarket sales? I will say, I am glad I got the soft top. There is a little more road noise, but the B&O sound system does a really good job of drowning it out.
Sponsored

OP
OP
utah.bronco.badlands

utah.bronco.badlands

Badlands
First Name
Tyler
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Focus ST
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
I spoke to Karen today and she said the same! She did seem pretty knowledgeable and loves to talk. You can definitely tell some customers have put her through the ringer... which is sad because she is 63 years old!
Did she tell you about her two 5 month old kittens, both boys that run around playing all night and keep her from sleeping?

22OBX

Outer Banks
First Name
Bryan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'15 F150 Lariat, '04 F150 Lariat, '73 F100 Ranger
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

For those of us that switched to the soft top, did she say when they would be available for aftermarket sales? I will say, I am glad I got the soft top. There is a little more road noise, but the B&O sound system does a really good job of drowning it out.
I saw decibel field test showing the same exact db’s at almost every speed

OP
OP
utah.bronco.badlands

utah.bronco.badlands

Badlands
First Name
Tyler
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Focus ST
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
I didn’t ask about that, sorry. If I get a MIC I plan to buy a Bestop to complement it. I’m excited to hear you like the B&O system!

BroncoBilly62

Badlands
First Name
Bill
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2006 GMC 2500
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I didn’t ask about that, sorry. If I get a MIC I plan to buy a Bestop. I’m excited to hear you like the B&O system!
I don't play music for the car next to me, so the B&O sound works great. You can crank it up with out a whole lot of distortion. I would like to see and equalizer in a future update. The Treble and Bass controls are too primitive. I'm sure it could be done with a download.

Sponsored

Sherminiator

Big Bend
First Name
Scott
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Ford Bronco Big Bend
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
Clubs

Anyone find it hilarious that the "best" Customer Support Person happens to have the name of what is stereotypically the most annoying person for Customer Support to deal with?

Chaos

Wildtrak
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
95 EB Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Whether true or not, it contradicts what Esteban from the Ford Bronco team just said during a QnA. He said point blank the MIC top was still constrained due to throughput issues. That is that production does not meet demand. If there weren't throughput issues, then far more of the 10,000s of hardtop vehicles with early reservation would have build dates. There are still countless day 1, 2 and 3 reservation hardtops waiting for build dates. Recent build dates are still skewing towards soft tops. I hope they are producing a ton of hard tops, but there is no evidence beyond hearsay from a help line, which is basically the most useless help line ever.

Cornbred

Raptor
First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
17 F-250/Edge, 14 F150,202? Bronco Base/Raptor
Your Bronco Model
Raptor
I just got off the phone with Ford support (800-392-3673). It was a lengthy phone call with a friendly support person but these things were of note:

1. She said the recommendation to switch to a soft top to get your Bronco sooner is no longer true. Soft top orders are not being prioritized over hard top orders anymore as MIC production is now meeting demand for how many Broncos can be produced in a day. She said if you previously switched to a soft top to jump the line but are still not scheduled, you have been placed back in line where you would have been originally, regardless of soft or hard top.

2. She said the hard top supplier is now making about 300 MIC tops a day. Those are showing up at the factory and being installed on the Broncos that need them.

I'd love for someone else to confirm this information - she seemed to really know what she was talking about, and it's better than "my dealer said", but still.
78E1C8D5-6710-44E1-B4EC-5374CD7DE59C.jpeg

sLopeFx

Black Diamond
First Name
FxA
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
22 Bronco BD Sas, 07 BMW 335i, 02 Cooper S JCW
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

This is my build week after a year and a half!!!!! I just called Ford to see if I can get a MIC top since I had switched to a soft top in hopes of speeding things up. The Ford rep (not Karen) told me that once the VIN is generated you can not make any changes to the build. I have also emailed my dealer with the same request. My dealer told me earlier this week that I would have to wait until 2023 to get a MIC top. What a cluster.... Can anyone confirm?

Sponsored
OP
OP
utah.bronco.badlands

utah.bronco.badlands

Badlands
First Name
Tyler
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Focus ST
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
This is my build week after a year and a half!!!!! I just called Ford to see if I can get a MIC top since I had switched to a soft top in hopes of speeding things up. The Ford rep (not Karen) told me that once the VIN is generated you can not make any changes to the build. I have also emailed my dealer with the same request. My dealer told me earlier this week that I would have to wait until 2023 to get a MIC top. What a cluster.... Can anyone confirm?
It is correct that once the VIN is generated you cannot make any changes.

Krieger

Raptor
First Name
Alan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Dodge Ram
Your Bronco Model
Raptor
Clubs

there appears to be a chip somewhere in the part for the 7pin connector (with break controls) that seems to be the unobtanium right now. If you don't need the 7pin go with aftermarket, cheaper too. Many will only use the hitch to add a bike rack or cargo system, no wiring needed for that at all and you can install the hitch yourself easily.

I might need the 7 pin and from all I read here it's not easy and expensive to add later, so left it on. Nicely integrated.
This is my understanding as well. Really interested in an overlanding camper that pushes close to the Bronco Tow limits and would be really frustrated to find that I couldn't do it aftermarket without spending an arm and a leg which is what everyone seems to be indicating.

Or worse, something happens to the 30k camper and Ford won't cover it because I didn't have a factory Tow package installed 🙄

dbeyers

Base
First Name
Dan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Toyota Highlander
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

Thanks for sharing. With all of the bad news, I hope this is true.
I wonder if this statement is true for 2 doors? By that I mean is the quoted production capacity of 300 4 doors only, a mix of 2 and 4 or can they make 300 a day of 2 doors if they chose to?

IfIHMadeA2021Scout

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
F-250 Tremor, IH Scout 80
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Plot twist: Karen is probably Mike Levine's wife.
If it's the same Karen I spoke to this week about a Maverick order and she's Mike's wife she needs to take him out behind the wood shed and straighten him out. I think she'd handle him just fine and have him talking straight and standing at attention in no time at all.

She was older, awesome, confident, informative, and a huge help. When I told her I was wondering why my order was delayed, I had to say no more. She knew just what to do and gave me all the answers. We shared some spouse stories. She knew how to handle her husband too. If I was her husband, I'd walk the line and like it.

cclkramer

Banned
Wildtrak
Banned
Banned
First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2000 ford f350 diesel dually
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

I find the BO system adequate for my needs. Alot of people are complaining about it. Do you like it ?
Sponsored