First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Subaru Outback
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
The one thing I've been upset about is the lack of paddle shifters. As discussed on a different thread, they are sooooooo helpful when driving in traffic and bad weather in the mountains. Easily downshift without taking any hands off the wheel. Over the last couple of weeks, I've tried seeing if I'd be ok without them.

Seeing them on the Raptor, my first question is were they added because this is a desert-runner? Should I not read anything into it more than that? Can I still have hope that they may be available on the Badlands down the line? I'm probably 5 years out from a new car.
Sponsored

hozer

Black Diamond
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Suburban
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

I mean it's cool, but whose buying this?

Could buy a BL and throw 15k at it and have a way better rig for less...?

Bros with too much cash? People that insist a trail crawler have 400hp? Obviously I'm no marketer, but I genuinely have no idea who the market is for this

Delli555

Black Diamond
First Name
Michael
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
GMC Acadia
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

Tow/Haul is now a GOAT mode?!? Wouldn’t it make more sense to have Sand and Mud/ruts on a Desert racer?

Looks like they removed those two GOAT modes from Raptor.

Felix808

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
After 746 days, a MY22 4-door Badlands Bronco :-)
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Sponsored

TDReed

Badlands
First Name
Bradley
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
GMC Sierra All Terrain X
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I wonder if the actual fenders are the same as the Everglades.

Raptor911

Raptor
First Name
Raptor911
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 F150 Raptor, 2022 Wildtrak
Your Bronco Model
Raptor
Same was said about the F150 Raptor in 2010 and now:

F-150 Raptor has eclipsed the sales of other well-known performance icons. Over the last four years (2017-2020), the previous-generation Raptor cumulatively outsold Porsche’s entire lineup of sports cars and also outsold Chevrolet’s Corvette.

I mean it's cool, but whose buying this?

Could buy a BL and throw 15k at it and have a way better rig for less...?

Bros with too much cash? People that insist a trail crawler have 400hp? Obviously I'm no marketer, but I genuinely have no idea who the market is for this

lobbs611

Badlands
First Name
Kyle
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2D JL Rubicon
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Want one. Probably can't afford one. Still, I would love to see that digital dash filter down. Huge upgrade over the standard instrument cluster. And a slightly detuned 3.0L as an option would be ideal even if only available on the Badlands and Wildtrak. And I those wheels are definitely the best looking of the factory ones available.

JPG

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco Badlands
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Can't really see, is it still all digital dashboard ? Or did they put mechanical tacho ?

And yeah, starting at 69K for something that looks more like it's built for Dune running than for rock crawling, i'll pass thank you...

Sponsored

PhilS

Badlands
First Name
Phil
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2013 Ford Edge
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
I don’t understand why Ford wouldn’t add a body kit to widen the fenders/quarter panels and then simply use Sasquatch fender flares. Crazy capable, but hideous. These fender flares are worse then the angry bird Jeep grills.

lobbs611

Badlands
First Name
Kyle
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2D JL Rubicon
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I’m disappointed it’s the 3.0. I was really hoping for the 3.5 L. I’ll be even more disappointed if they keep the 10R60. On a good note at least interior isnt hideous blue like they do on the raptor.
Why? It's the no-brainer here. The 3.0L is based on the same block as the 2.7L. A lot less engineering work to go that route. Not to mention the 2.7L/3.0L motor was designed from the ground up for boost. The 3.5L, although tweaked a few times over the years, still has its roots in an N/A car motor.

gentlemanbronco

Base
First Name
Rick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
ford fiesta 5.0
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

I don't know what it is about it, but I just don't like it... Like if I get my sasquatch bronco, I don't feel I'll be envious of this. Only thing I like about it is the head and tail lights and the steering wheel and digital dash...
I also don't really like the current or last gen raptor and only really loved the first gen behemoth.

Zero_chance

Badlands
First Name
JD
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.southvalleymustang.com
Vehicle(s)
17 Mustang
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Dude, I'm so ready I cant even see straight!!! I don't care if those fenders were made of turds!!!!!! That is the baddest SUV on the planet right now!!!!!
Yeah I still think they gave up on the flare design halfway through but that’s not enough for me not to like it. Don’t see myself paying the premium for it though. Still a nice rig.

Panaran

Outer Banks
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
CX5
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
How the hell did those welds on the exhaust make it to the final release photos?
Sponsored