First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
20 Shelby GT350, 22 Bronco BL, 29 Ford Roadster
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
I am 7/14/20 reservation holder and my dealer did not call me until 11/21 to place order and I'm not sure why.... I pretty much gave up contacting them and asking about it then they called so I ordered mid 11/21. Got pushed to MY22 which I was not happy as I wanted AMB. Ive heard some items on the build could be holding me up. I ordered 2D, BL, 2.7, Auto, Block heater, tow package and high package. Should I remove something to try and get this built or keep waiting like a sucker?

Ford Bronco Trying to figure out what is holding my order up 2022 Bronco Badlands
Sponsored

jxc

Badlands
First Name
Joe
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Accord/CX-5/A5 Cab
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Remove the tow package if you don't need the 7-pin harness (for trailer brakes ) - you can get the 4-pin version as an accessory or go aftermarket. Word on the street is that tow is causing delays due to the chip issue. Of course I may be totally wrong.

RagnarKon

Badlands
First Name
Bryan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Bronco, Escape, Focus
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Agree with @jxc ... the big hold-up on your order is the tow package.

You also have the hard top on your order... I think? It lists it as a $0 option, but it's actually a $695 option, so not actually sure if you have it or not. Either way, the hard top may also be constraining your order a bit. But rumor has it that the hard top constraint will slowly resolve itself over the next month or two as Ford picks up production. So it may not be worth it to remove it at this point.

But yeah, the tow package is the big one.

Broncotrax

Badlands
First Name
Jeff
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
69 Bronco, '17 Superduity, '22 Badsquatch, CR 250R
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
I guess from what I have read on here, most early reservation holders have been waiting for the dealership to contact them and have wasted many months. I could be wrong but I'm thinking they waited too long, or are 99'd by their own request. Several on here will list their reservation date and complain a lot but never mention their order date.
The dealership I ordered through says out of the 223 reservations ahead of me, about 1/3 of those people have never placed their orders and the dealership has never heard from the customer. If this is common elsewhere I can imagine some people are pissed off and still waiting for the dealership to reach out.

OP
OP
mdfilip

mdfilip

Badlands
First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Agree with @jxc ... the big hold-up on your order is the tow package.

You also have the hard top on your order... I think? It lists it as a $0 option, but it's actually a $695 option, so not actually sure if you have it or not. Either way, the hard top may also be constraining your order a bit. But rumor has it that the hard top constraint will slowly resolve itself over the next month or two as Ford picks up production. So it may not be worth it to remove it at this point.

But yeah, the tow package is the big one.
mine is a 2dr so it only comes with a hardtop from what I understand

Sponsored

RagnarKon

Badlands
First Name
Bryan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Bronco, Escape, Focus
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

mine is a 2dr so it only comes with a hardtop from what I understand
Oh you're right, I didn't catch that at all. My bad.

So yeah... tow package. Nothing you can do about the hard top issue outside of switching to a 4-door.

SoCalG

Black Diamond
First Name
SoCalG
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 2DR Bronco BD
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

looks like you have a 2 door on order. Same here.

I dropped the tow package and 2.7l engine. I'm now scheduled. I was able to jump ahead of a friend's order at the same dealer even though his reservation was earlier than mine (4dr, Badlands with hard top).
disclaimer- your mileage may vary...

OP
OP
mdfilip

mdfilip

Badlands
First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
looks like you have a 2 door on order. Same here.

I dropped the tow package and 2.7l engine. I'm now scheduled. I was able to jump ahead of a friend's order at the same dealer even though his reservation was earlier than mine (4dr, Badlands with hard top).
disclaimer- your mileage may vary...
I was originally going with the 2.3 7MT but a friend that is a ford tech said he wouldn't for some reason and I really want remote start

phocion

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2010 Mustang
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

There are lots of high trim 2dr July 2020 orders without tow package that haven't yet been scheduled. Could be the tow package (which you can do something about), or could be your dealer's allocations (which you can't).

OP
OP
mdfilip

mdfilip

Badlands
First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
There are lots of high trim 2dr July 2020 orders without tow package that haven't yet been scheduled. Could be the tow package (which you can do something about), or could be your dealer's allocations (which you can't).
Anyway to find out if it's the dealers allocations? the backdoor link says order sent to dealer and also says accepted by dealer.... my order also had a code 10

Sponsored

Lil Red Broncette

Base
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Explorer
Your Bronco Model
Base
Remove the tow package if you don't need the 7-pin harness (for trailer brakes ) - you can get the 4-pin version as an accessory or go aftermarket. Word on the street is that tow is causing delays due to the chip issue. Of course I may be totally wrong.
Interestingly enough if you look at tow package option (at least as it lists now) it says "doesn't include trailer brake controller" and it seems to me that is the only place a "chip" would be needed.

Lil Red Broncette

Base
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Explorer
Your Bronco Model
Base
I'll go with the tow package as probably it. The 2 door (which means hard top too) seems to also be a limiting factor but I seen some November and December orders (without even a reservation) for a 2 door get build dates. I am seriously thinking of dropping the tow package myself.

phocion

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2010 Mustang
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Anyway to find out if it's the dealers allocations? the backdoor link says order sent to dealer and also says accepted by dealer.... my order also had a code 10
The dealer can tell you things like their allocation numbers and your spot in their own queue, if they choose to share. [Many do not.] This can give you a sense for your position vs other orders at the same dealership. For example if there are other 2dr Badlands with an earlier timestamp at the same dealership that haven't been selected yet, that would be bad news for you.

But ultimately the algorithm that runs to select which Bronco orders get pulled is running on a Ford computer, and your dealer is equally in the dark about why you get pulled or not pulled. Even if you removed the tow package and got selected, you wouldn't be able to conclude that removing the tow package made any difference.

The system sucks. Best you can do is remove the tow (which is very constrained) and hope it's enough.

Headsong

Black Diamond
First Name
Jeff
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
22 Black Diamond non squatch 4 door softtop v6
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

With no communication from Ford, it's all mere speculation.
Sponsored