First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Explorer, Honda Pilot
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Hey Mike! I just responded to that email. Thanks for reaching out, sir.
Reservation moved to Kearny Mesa Ford and Eric. Thanks for all the help Eric and thanks for answering my questions and being fully upfront about the costs. Now I just need the Build and Price tool up and figure out exactly what options i'm gonna get come December. North County Ford was very quick to communicate as well, answered some questions, but basically avoided other questions. Large purchases can cause anxiety but purchasing from someone who communicates well, honestly, and upfront makes it a lot better!
Sponsored

OP
OP
EricAtKearnyMesaFord

EricAtKearnyMesaFord

First Name
Eric
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford
Your Bronco Model
Undecided
Reservation moved to Kearny Mesa Ford and Eric. Thanks for all the help Eric and thanks for answering my questions and being fully upfront about the costs. Now I just need the Build and Price tool up and figure out exactly what options i'm gonna get come December. North County Ford was very quick to communicate as well, answered some questions, but basically avoided other questions. Large purchases can cause anxiety but purchasing from someone who communicates well, honestly, and upfront makes it a lot better!
Sorry things didn't work out with the original dealer, but you can now count on this level of communication, transparency, and customer service to continue throughout the order process. Thank you for putting your trust in me. I won't let you down.

Eric

Badplaid72

Badlands
First Name
Paul
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Various
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Hello all!

My name is Eric Bunch and I am the Internet Director at Kearny Mesa Ford. I have taken lead at my dealership as the point of contact for our Bronco customers. Some of you may recognize my name and dealership from this post: https://www.bronco6g.com/forum/threads/so-cal-buyers.2298/#post-96184

I've had a huge number of customers reference this forum so I decided to join the action! If you have any pressing questions that you haven't had answered at your local dealership, feel free to contact me directly and I will do my best to find the answer! My email is [email protected].

Take care!

Eric Bunch
Internet Director
Kearny Mesa Ford
858-560-5544 ext 1013
This Dude is Legit! I am stoked to know he’s got my back through this!

Whats Up Eric! It’s Paul Z

LoneStar

Black Diamond
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'23 Ford Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Eric,
I have a reservation with your dealership. You've stated very clearly - and MUCH APPRECIATED - that buyers won't face mark-ups and Ford Plans will be accepted. Have a question.

Does KMF play typical games with "dealer installed options and enhancements" that pad profit? Stupid crap like paying for N2 tire inflation, protective films and coatings, anti-bacterial or stain guard treatments, shitty tint and pen-striping, underbody protection or pretty much ANYTHING put on it that doesn't come that way from the factory?

Excited to get a good deal, as promised. Seeking to avoid the frustration (and conflict) arising from such B.S. when you arrive at the dealership for a customer-ordered vehicle. Does a customer have to request in-advance that no such adders be applied?

Keep that crap for the cars on the lot. :ROFLMAO:

acetdeucy

Badlands
First Name
daniel
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Lincoln Corsair Lexus RX350
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Eric,
I have a reservation with your dealership. You've stated very clearly - and MUCH APPRECIATED - that buyers won't face mark-ups and Ford Plans will be accepted. Have a question.

Does KMF play typical games with "dealer installed options and enhancements" that pad profit? Stupid crap like paying for N2 tire inflation, protective films and coatings, anti-bacterial or stain guard treatments, shitty tint and pen-striping, underbody protection or pretty much ANYTHING put on it that doesn't come that way from the factory?

Excited to get a good deal, as promised. Seeking to avoid the frustration (and conflict) arising from such B.S. when you arrive at the dealership for a customer-ordered vehicle. Does a customer have to request in-advance that no such adders be applied?

Ha! I'm definitely not Eric... but I was just getting ready to Post this information about my recent experience working with him...

Everyone – I thought it would be easy to just start a thread, that I might tell others about my great experience in CHANGING DEALERS. After I put down my thoughts, I returned to bronco6g to find that there are numerous threads, regarding “looking for a good dealer” and several other related conversations. I’m hoping it doesn’t bore anyone, but I will paste this conversation into each of the similar threads.

Anyhow, I’m happy to have made my decision to move my reservation to Eric Bunch, at Kearney Mesa Ford! I’ve also gotta tell you that I don’t work for Ford and I’m not an employee at any level, at Kearney Mesa… I’m just feeling proud to have FINALLY found what I believe is a quality human, in this world of car sales. Eric comes across as extremely knowledgeable in the Bronco product line, honest, and not afraid to commit in writing to anything that he tells you.

I've called 8 Southern CA dealers, and the only one that would commit to no ADM's and that they will accept X Plan at their dealership, AND put it in writing before I made a change, was Eric (Kearney Mesa Ford). NO ONE ELSE WOULD PUT IT IN WRITING!!! You can get your service anywhere, so why not make a great choice to change your delivery dealer to the only one in our area that will give you the peace of mind to know that no one will "forget" their commitment to you...

I live in Southern California, and after a bunch of searching and calling, I changed my dealer to Kearney Mesa, (just north of San Diego). The Internet Director there, confirmed everything he would do to get my business, with me. He will charge NO ADM's, and he will accept X Plan on the new Bronco. In my case (Badlands 2 Door, that's about $1400 discount from the Badlands MSRP). And hey, you can get Ford service, nationwide, so don't just commit to the closest dealer to your home.

Don’t accept all the stupid shid that the other Inside Sales Agents and Internet Sales Agents are telling you… and I think I’ve heard it all: “were working to get MSRP for all of our loyal customers;” “my manager thinks the X Plan will be available;” “there is a strong possibility that Ford will include the ___ Plan, but they haven’t told us yet” (it’s actually up to the dealership, not Ford); and the always interesting “we haven’t decided yet, but my manager says that there’s a good possibility that…“ You gotta know that if you accept this kind of stuff, that: 1) your azz is hanging out, and you will be solely at their mercy after October 31 (the last date that you can change dealers). You need to get an agreement in writing from a Manager or Director at that dealership… or you’ve got NOTHING!

Even if you don’t qualify for Plan discounts, call this guy. Talk to this guy. Listen to his open and honest approach to selling you a Bronco. Ask for his commitment of anything that you agree on, in writing… and you will get it. I did, and many of my forum friends have also switched their dealer to Eric at Kearney Mesa Ford.

I strongly recommend talking to Eric, and I include his contact information (below). Tell him I sent you, and maybe I'll get a free key chain!!! ? CALL HIM ON MONDAY!!!

Eric Bunch
Internet Director
Kearny Mesa Ford
Monday through Friday 9:00 to 5:00
858-560-5544 ext 1013

Sponsored

acetdeucy

Badlands
First Name
daniel
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

To change dealers:

Call Ford at 800-334-4375. Opt 1 English; Opt 3 Marketing. Tell them you want to change dealers on a Bronco reservation. Have your Reservation number ready. They will ask you to confirm the usual kinda stuff... your name, address, and email you used to reserve your Bronco. They will confirm where your current reservation is. They will confirm where you want to move your reservation to. When complete, you will get an email, from Ford, to also confirm the change you made to the dealer that will deliver your Bronco. The dealer you originally used will return your $100 to you, within 10-days. The new dealer doesn't request a deposit. You keep your original Reservation Number. ALL DONE! Took me less than 10-minutes.

Edit

OP
OP
EricAtKearnyMesaFord

EricAtKearnyMesaFord

First Name
Eric
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford
Your Bronco Model
Undecided
Eric,

Hey! Thanks for reaching out and for the feedback! So do you mean to say you don't want our $3,995 Air Freshener Package™?? :(

I don't like forced upgrades as a general principal. It reminds me of that scene from Fargo where William H Macey slezzily forced the sealant package after he called and promised he wouldn't.

You can expect me to offer Ford accessory packages for your bronco, and warranty options of the like, but absolutely nothing will be compulsory. Nothing will be added to anybody's special order without their request / permission.

Thanks for being a (future) customer of ours!

TommyTwoTone

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Tekno MT410
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
@EricAtKearnyMesaFord Do you have any insight into what kinds of Bronco show and tells are going to be available at your dealership beyond printed brochures? Does KMF have any say as to what marketing materials FMC provides you?

I'm not going to hold my breath that we're actually going to get to see a Bronco in person before ordering time (although my ear will be to the ground). Seeing the next best thing will be critical for a lot of us. On my wishlist of things to see ASAP are exterior swatches, wheel samples, roof color samples, and seat/material samples in addition to high-res brochures, option lists, and accessory lists. It would be nice to be able to see as much as we can without driving all over SoCal if possible.

It may be too early to answer this since I don't think Ford has ever had a release this huge. Hopefully they plan to host some reveal gatherings similar to what Chevy did with the 2020 Corvette.

Sponsored

acetdeucy

Badlands
First Name
daniel
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

@EricAtKearnyMesaFord Do you have any insight into what kinds of Bronco show and tells are going to be available at your dealership beyond printed brochures? Does KMF have any say as to what marketing materials FMC provides you?

I'm not going to hold my breath that we're actually going to get to see a Bronco in person before ordering time (although my ear will be to the ground). Seeing the next best thing will be critical for a lot of us. On my wishlist of things to see ASAP are exterior swatches, wheel samples, roof color samples, and seat/material samples in addition to high-res brochures, option lists, and accessory lists. It would be nice to be able to see as much as we can without driving all over SoCal if possible.

It may be too early to answer this since I don't think Ford has ever had a release this huge. Hopefully they plan to host some reveal gatherings similar to what Chevy did with the 2020 Corvette.
I agree. I know it’s pricey to get brochures, and a lot of dealers don’t want to keep them in the showrooms these days, but maybe you could get enough that each of your favorite internet friend could have one.

OP
OP
EricAtKearnyMesaFord

EricAtKearnyMesaFord

First Name
Eric
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford
Your Bronco Model
Undecided

Ford has already sent us a pack of physical Bronco brochures, like maybe 20, but that's all we've received so far. I have a couple tucked away in my drawer if you or @acetdeucy want one.

I signed us up for a 'mannequin' program which led me to believe we would receive 2 units ahead of time for display in our showroom. The purpose of them is to show off the available packages/aftermarket accessories. I don't have any details about when, what kinds, what equipment, or if they will be driveable (probably not).

I'm hopeful we get more showroom displays and customer handouts. Everyone on our reservation list will definitely get an email once I know more about showroom units.

Side note, just earlier today I heard from Ford about getting two Bronco Sport showroom units, for whatever that's worth :LOL:

xXChartmanXx

Wildtrak
First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Explorer, Honda Pilot
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Ford has already sent us a pack of physical Bronco brochures, like maybe 20, but that's all we've received so far. I have a couple tucked away in my drawer if you or @acetdeucy want one.

I signed us up for a 'mannequin' program which led me to believe we would receive 2 units ahead of time for display in our showroom. The purpose of them is to show off the available packages/aftermarket accessories. I don't have any details about when, what kinds, what equipment, or if they will be driveable (probably not).

I'm hopeful we get more showroom displays and customer handouts. Everyone on our reservation list will definitely get an email once I know more about showroom units.

Side note, just earlier today I heard from Ford about getting two Bronco Sport showroom units, for whatever that's worth :LOL:
Awesome! Thanks for keeping us informed. Can't wait to come down and check out the showroom units when they come in.