Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ford Edge ST
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

AFAIK the 220 was def limited to my21
That was my understanding from the email I received back in March. It stated that since the other top options would be available in MY22 the points would only be available for MY21. However, since then we've had numerous delays and people expecting delivery in 2021 to get the news that they would now be pushed to 2022. Furthermore, that the MOD tops will not be available until 2023. That being the case, why not extend the 220,000 points to 2022 orders as well?
Sponsored

Icemanchu

Badlands
First Name
Isaac
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ford Edge ST
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

No you need to call your dealer. They must claim the points for you to receive them. Until they do, you will not get the points added to your account. But only after delivery.
I've spoken to my dealer. He hadn't heard of the points incentive but is putting in an inquiry. Hopefully he knows more when I pay him a visit later this week

Quiz

Outer Banks
First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco, Wrangler, Tundra
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
I received 42000 points and dealers received a certain amount of money from Ford for accessories for customers that had been waiting. When I brought it up they ask me what I wanted, so I took the tailgate table and they installed it for free.

MuttonBuster

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
12/20 Build BL/SAS/LUX/Tow/Soft Top
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
I had to call the FordPass rewards and get on a 3way call with the dealer to get my points added to my account.
Same. The 200,000 points are only visible to the dealer, but they need to confirm eligibility with Ford Rewards. I just had to let my dealer know to look in the ā€œmember portalā€ and ask them to do a 3-way call.
Once I notified my dealer of the process, they handled it in less than 15 mins.

Now I have 262,000 points to spend.

edit: the 200K are available for early WildTrak and First Edition reservation holders who switched to a soft top or switched to another Bronco type. I did both. 200000 points = $1000 so if you were eligible and you didnā€™t ask, you need to ask. Call Ford Rewards, who can connect you to the Bronco team to confirm.

if you were eligible and the dealer offered you a tailgate table, or anything less than $1000 of goods, then you got screwed. Donā€™t let dealerships be lazy. Mine tried to be lazy and only gave me 62000. Donā€™t settle with Ford or the dealerships. Weā€™ve all waited too long to not cross the finish line with everything promised to us.

Last edited:

Lucky

Banned
Raptor
Banned
Banned
First Name
Jeremiah
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'21 OB Sasquatch V6 2-Door AMB
Your Bronco Model
Raptor
Clubs

If you did not have both on your original order you may not have qualified for the 200k. Some hot it but were not supposed to.
Wrong.

Every single time the 220k points comes up, thereā€™s always someone who chimes in about how the points are only for switching tops.

This has been proven indisputably wrong countless times already.

First, the 220k points email from Ford that I and many others received says nothing at all about tops. Second, Ford continued to send that exact email for at least 8 months last year, even after being made aware that some of us were getting the 220k points despite never switching tops. This means the emails were not a mistake and Ford intended to do exactly what Ford said in the email; it was points for being an early reservation. Period. The only criteria for receiving those points, is whether or not you got the email.

Sponsored

wcmaness

Outer Banks
First Name
Wesly
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'21 Bronco OBX; '11 Armada; '02 Tahoe Z71; '91 XJ6
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

Yes. My salesman arranged it so that I could redeem to points for dealer add-ons (which they put on before I picked it up & paid). I used them for the leveling kit and bigger tires (among other things). I didn't have to buy the car first. I guess it all depends on how helpful your salesman is.

Bt_ostate

First Edition
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ranger Tremor 2021 Bronco 4-Door FE
Your Bronco Model
First Edition
I've spoken to my dealer. He hadn't heard of the points incentive but is putting in an inquiry. Hopefully he knows more when I pay him a visit later this week
Worst case call Ford customer service and get them involved. This is complete bs for a dealership not to know how to do this. There is a portal they log into and claim this for you. They'll need your reservation and order #, but they should have both.

JohnnyBronco

Outer Banks
First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
X4
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

Wrong.

Every single time the 220k points comes up, thereā€™s always someone who chimes in about how the points are only for switching tops.

This has been proven indisputably wrong countless times already.

First, the 220k points email from Ford that I and many others received says nothing at all about tops. Second, Ford continued to send that exact email for at least 8 months last year, even after being made aware that some of us were getting the 220k points despite never switching tops. This means the emails were not a mistake and Ford intended to do exactly what Ford said in the email; it was points for being an early reservation. Period. The only criteria for receiving those points, is whether or not you got the email.
Lets agree to disagree as there have been (and as long as you believe that the content I post from the emails received is true) different emails to different folk. You may have been awarded a full 220,000 points in a dingle email but IO was not. Here is my timeline

December 15, 2020

Hello,

We know you are excited to get your new Ford Broncoā„¢, and we are committed to delivering a highā€‘quality product as soon as we can.

As a result of the unprecedented effects of the COVIDā€‘19 pandemic on our suppliers, we have updated timing news to share with you.

While we originally communicated that your Ford Dealer would begin reaching out in December to schedule an order consultation and place your order, this process will now begin in midā€‘January and extend through midā€‘March. As a reminder, your order cannot be placed online; however, you are encouraged to spec your Bronco using the Forā€Œdā€Œ.ā€Œcoā€Œm Build & Price tool ahead of your dealer consultation and save a copy to help when you place your order.

Your reservation* timestamp, and not the date that you place your order with your dealer, will be used to determine when your Bronco gets produced. Other factors for final delivery timing include vehicle model and configuration selected, part constraints, and the number of Bronco vehicles your dealer will receive.

In May 2021, once we review all submitted orders and can forecast production, we will provide you with an estimated window of when you can expect to take delivery of your Bronco. Initial customer deliveries are now expected to begin in summer 2021. Given demand, we anticipate deliveries to continue through the 2022 calendar year, with some customers getting a 2022 modelā€‘year Bronco.

As part of your upcoming owner experience, you will have the opportunity to participate in our FordPassā„¢ Rewards loyalty program. At your time of delivery, you will earn 42,000 FordPass Rewards Points (over $200 value) to use toward maintenance, service, accessories and much more at your local Ford Dealer. As a thankā€‘you for your patience and interest in Bronco, we are adding an additional 20,000 FordPass Rewards Points when you take delivery of your Ford Bronco. Thatā€™s 62,000 FordPass Rewards Points (over $300 value) to use toward accessories, maintenance and service at your local Ford Dealer.** We will share more regarding FordPass Rewards and its benefits as you get closer to taking delivery of your Ford Bronco.

March 25, 2021

Dear Bronco Owner:
When we thought about bringing Bronco back after 25 years, we couldn't have imagined the enthusiasm this vehicle would generate, and we are truly grateful for the overwhelming response. In fact, we didn't expect as many orders for high-end series, packages, and options.
Add on a global pandemic, and this vehicle launch quickly escalated to one of the biggest challenges we've faced in years. These challenges have resulted in product changes for your Bronco order, which we want to share with you today. We know this news will be frustrating, and for this we sincerely apologize.
Black Painted Modular Hard Top & Dual Top Roof Update
In October of 2020, we told you that the black painted modular hard top and dual top roofs were not going to be available for the start of production this summer. At that time, we believed we could still offer these features as a late summer availability option for 2021 model year. However, due to the continued effects of COVID-19 on our supplier, the black painted modular hard top and dual top roofs will unfortunately not be available until 2022 model year.
Customers who currently have the black painted modular hard top or dual top roof selected will have the following options (your MSRP price will be adjusted accordingly):

1. Order the carbonized gray molded-in-color hard top roof (you can see a version here)
  2. Order the black soft top roof (with exception of Wildtrak and 2-door) (you can see a version here)
  3. Wait for black painted modular hard top or dual top roof option for 2022 model year
To make it right for not being able to get the roof option you selected, we will provide 200,000 FordPass Rewards Points ($1,000 value) if you take delivery of a 2021 model year Bronco. Since all roof options will be available for 2022 model year, only those who take delivery of their Bronco in 2021 will be eligible for this offer.

June 25, 2021

Hello,
We're happy to report that Broncos are officially rolling off the production line.
Here. We. Go.
But the ongoing challenges with our hardtop roof supplier continue to impact our plans. We now have to produce more soft tops than planned and we won't be able to solely produce customer orders, as hoped. This also means a longer wait for those who ordered a molded in color hardtop.
Additionally, for the 2022 model, hardtop roof timing has taken another hit: our black, contrasting white, body color painted modular, and dual top roofs will now arrive in the 2023 model year. Until then, we can offer the carbonized gray molded in color hardtop as the only hardtop option for 2 and 4-door Broncos.
Like you, we're frustrated by these delays.
So, here's what we're going to do:

• FordPass Rewards Extension thru 2022 model year - In March we announced a 200,000 FordPass Rewards Points offer ($1,000 value). You can explore how to use these points to personalize your Bronco including several roof accessory choices through Ford Accessories. Your dealer will have more information on the options and can also explain how to redeem the points at time of delivery.
  • Price Protection Extension thru 2023 model year - We'll continue to offer price protection to all Bronco order and reservation holders (as of March 19, 2021) to ensure you will not see an increase in MSRP if you receive an equivalent 2023 model year Bronco.
  • Free Hardtop Prep Kit - Today we're announcing that all 4-door soft tops, beginning with September production, will include a hardtop prep kit at no additional cost. The prep kit enables you to order a soft top now and purchase a hardtop later. We anticipate that hardtop roofs will be available for purchase in the 2023 calendar year. If you're interested contact your dealer before July 16, 2021.

In my emails received actually no points were specifically awarded for being a first day reservation but simply "interest" in the Bronco

12/15/2020 20,000 for interest (maybe the interest is in form of our $100 refundabale deposit

3/25/2021 200,000 for forgoing black painted modular or dual roof options, (MY2021 only at this point)which as I read it meant only giving up black painted modular in favor of MIC or softtop but no notion of being able to get points for ordering MIC and softtop or if you had MIC all along. The points are, to me, clearly for giving up the painted mod top in order to get built.

6/25/2021 Extension of 200,000 points to MY2022, proce protectio nthrough MY2023 plus the hardtop prep kit

Every, and I mean every person that takes delivery of any new Ford vehicle (and participates in the Fordpass rewards program) gets 42,000 these are not Bronco specific

Feel free to spell out your timeline of email(s) received, which obviously are different than mine. Just remember that there are members of this forum that only ever had the MIC on order and reportedly received the 200,000 , which according to my emails should not be so. (as I was scheduled, built, and took delivery in October I would not have received any emails reflecting changes to the program from how I was awarded my points.

JohnnyBronco

Outer Banks
First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
X4
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

Worst case call Ford customer service and get them involved. This is complete bs for a dealership not to know how to do this. There is a portal they log into and claim this for you. They'll need your reservation and order #, but they should have both.
It is possible they only need teh VI
That was my understanding from the email I received back in March. It stated that since the other top options would be available in MY22 the points would only be available for MY21. However, since then we've had numerous delays and people expecting delivery in 2021 to get the news that they would now be pushed to 2022. Furthermore, that the MOD tops will not be available until 2023. That being the case, why not extend the 220,000 points to 2022 orders as well?
They did extend not only the points but the price protection (see my 6/25/21 email in my looooong post) in my email, points extended through MY2022 and price protection through MY2023. No indication that the bonus points would be available on a '23, but you may have newer and different emails

Bt_ostate

First Edition
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ranger Tremor 2021 Bronco 4-Door FE
Your Bronco Model
First Edition

They did extend not only the points but the price protection (see my 6/25/21 email in my looooong post) in my email, points extended through MY2022 and price protection through MY2023. No indication that the bonus points would be available on a '23, but you may have newer and different emails
Ford customer service that handles myford points and dealer both said it required reservation # also. It's what proves when you made you're initial reservation. My dealer used both and quickly got me my points.

Sponsored

Drex

Banned
Badlands
Banned
Banned
First Name
Jake
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'13 SLK55 AMG, '15 Indian Chief, '15 WRX
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Lets agree to disagree as there have been (and as long as you believe that the content I post from the emails received is true) different emails to different folk. You may have been awarded a full 220,000 points in a dingle email but IO was not. Here is my timeline

December 15, 2020

Hello,

We know you are excited to get your new Ford Broncoā„¢, and we are committed to delivering a highā€‘quality product as soon as we can.

As a result of the unprecedented effects of the COVIDā€‘19 pandemic on our suppliers, we have updated timing news to share with you.

While we originally communicated that your Ford Dealer would begin reaching out in December to schedule an order consultation and place your order, this process will now begin in midā€‘January and extend through midā€‘March. As a reminder, your order cannot be placed online; however, you are encouraged to spec your Bronco using the Forā€Œdā€Œ.ā€Œcoā€Œm Build & Price tool ahead of your dealer consultation and save a copy to help when you place your order.

Your reservation* timestamp, and not the date that you place your order with your dealer, will be used to determine when your Bronco gets produced. Other factors for final delivery timing include vehicle model and configuration selected, part constraints, and the number of Bronco vehicles your dealer will receive.

In May 2021, once we review all submitted orders and can forecast production, we will provide you with an estimated window of when you can expect to take delivery of your Bronco. Initial customer deliveries are now expected to begin in summer 2021. Given demand, we anticipate deliveries to continue through the 2022 calendar year, with some customers getting a 2022 modelā€‘year Bronco.

As part of your upcoming owner experience, you will have the opportunity to participate in our FordPassā„¢ Rewards loyalty program. At your time of delivery, you will earn 42,000 FordPass Rewards Points (over $200 value) to use toward maintenance, service, accessories and much more at your local Ford Dealer. As a thankā€‘you for your patience and interest in Bronco, we are adding an additional 20,000 FordPass Rewards Points when you take delivery of your Ford Bronco. Thatā€™s 62,000 FordPass Rewards Points (over $300 value) to use toward accessories, maintenance and service at your local Ford Dealer.** We will share more regarding FordPass Rewards and its benefits as you get closer to taking delivery of your Ford Bronco.

March 25, 2021

Dear Bronco Owner:
When we thought about bringing Bronco back after 25 years, we couldn't have imagined the enthusiasm this vehicle would generate, and we are truly grateful for the overwhelming response. In fact, we didn't expect as many orders for high-end series, packages, and options.
Add on a global pandemic, and this vehicle launch quickly escalated to one of the biggest challenges we've faced in years. These challenges have resulted in product changes for your Bronco order, which we want to share with you today. We know this news will be frustrating, and for this we sincerely apologize.
Black Painted Modular Hard Top & Dual Top Roof Update
In October of 2020, we told you that the black painted modular hard top and dual top roofs were not going to be available for the start of production this summer. At that time, we believed we could still offer these features as a late summer availability option for 2021 model year. However, due to the continued effects of COVID-19 on our supplier, the black painted modular hard top and dual top roofs will unfortunately not be available until 2022 model year.
Customers who currently have the black painted modular hard top or dual top roof selected will have the following options (your MSRP price will be adjusted accordingly):

1. Order the carbonized gray molded-in-color hard top roof (you can see a version here)
  2. Order the black soft top roof (with exception of Wildtrak and 2-door) (you can see a version here)
  3. Wait for black painted modular hard top or dual top roof option for 2022 model year
To make it right for not being able to get the roof option you selected, we will provide 200,000 FordPass Rewards Points ($1,000 value) if you take delivery of a 2021 model year Bronco. Since all roof options will be available for 2022 model year, only those who take delivery of their Bronco in 2021 will be eligible for this offer.

June 25, 2021

Hello,
We're happy to report that Broncos are officially rolling off the production line.
Here. We. Go.
But the ongoing challenges with our hardtop roof supplier continue to impact our plans. We now have to produce more soft tops than planned and we won't be able to solely produce customer orders, as hoped. This also means a longer wait for those who ordered a molded in color hardtop.
Additionally, for the 2022 model, hardtop roof timing has taken another hit: our black, contrasting white, body color painted modular, and dual top roofs will now arrive in the 2023 model year. Until then, we can offer the carbonized gray molded in color hardtop as the only hardtop option for 2 and 4-door Broncos.
Like you, we're frustrated by these delays.
So, here's what we're going to do:

• FordPass Rewards Extension thru 2022 model year - In March we announced a 200,000 FordPass Rewards Points offer ($1,000 value). You can explore how to use these points to personalize your Bronco including several roof accessory choices through Ford Accessories. Your dealer will have more information on the options and can also explain how to redeem the points at time of delivery.
  • Price Protection Extension thru 2023 model year - We'll continue to offer price protection to all Bronco order and reservation holders (as of March 19, 2021) to ensure you will not see an increase in MSRP if you receive an equivalent 2023 model year Bronco.
  • Free Hardtop Prep Kit - Today we're announcing that all 4-door soft tops, beginning with September production, will include a hardtop prep kit at no additional cost. The prep kit enables you to order a soft top now and purchase a hardtop later. We anticipate that hardtop roofs will be available for purchase in the 2023 calendar year. If you're interested contact your dealer before July 16, 2021.

In my emails received actually no points were specifically awarded for being a first day reservation but simply "interest" in the Bronco

12/15/2020 20,000 for interest (maybe the interest is in form of our $100 refundabale deposit

3/25/2021 200,000 for forgoing black painted modular or dual roof options, (MY2021 only at this point)which as I read it meant only giving up black painted modular in favor of MIC or softtop but no notion of being able to get points for ordering MIC and softtop or if you had MIC all along. The points are, to me, clearly for giving up the painted mod top in order to get built.

6/25/2021 Extension of 200,000 points to MY2022, proce protectio nthrough MY2023 plus the hardtop prep kit

Every, and I mean every person that takes delivery of any new Ford vehicle (and participates in the Fordpass rewards program) gets 42,000 these are not Bronco specific

Feel free to spell out your timeline of email(s) received, which obviously are different than mine. Just remember that there are members of this forum that only ever had the MIC on order and reportedly received the 200,000 , which according to my emails should not be so. (as I was scheduled, built, and took delivery in October I would not have received any emails reflecting changes to the program from how I was awarded my points.

Thank you, I get so tired of pulling out the same documentation from Ford every time someone hears about someone else that got that poorly worded email and got their dealer to give in and check the box for the points, just to shut them up.

It is always the same; You show them the wording from Ford, the timeline, the actual emails, and they counter with 'but this person here says they got it', so Ford made a mistake over and over again in multiple and specific emails but was absolutely right in the one ambigously and poorly written one they all hang their hat upon. This was a slightly new wrinkle, claiming it was proven the other way many times (without a single shred of actual, you know....proof that Ford reversed themselves or expanded the program, like they would do that for everyone just to give away money...) and using that as 'verification' of their misguided understanding.

Lot of that in this forum on a variety of subjects, but folks get tired of correcting the, generally well-meaning, but misled, people who perpetuate these rumors. So they often go unchecked and grow in the minds of those who do not actually personally vet the myths. Thanks again for setting the record straight (for the 100th time this has popped up), not that it matters, he won't believe the actual emails from Ford over what he feels is true. (I swear you could show them the screen that calls the 200K points check box out as a reward for the Mod Top Swap and they would ignore it)

JohnnyBronco

Outer Banks
First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
X4
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

Thank you, I get so tired of pulling out the same documentation from Ford every time someone hears about someone else that got that poorly worded email and got their dealer to give in and check the box for the points, just to shut them up.

It is always the same; You show them the wording from Ford, the timeline, the actual emails, and they counter with 'but this person here says they got it', so Ford made a mistake over and over again in multiple and specific emails but was absolutely right in the one ambigously and poorly written one they all hang their hat upon. This was a slightly new wrinkle, claiming it was proven the other way many times (without a single shred of actual, you know....proof that Ford reversed themselves or expanded the program, like they would do that for everyone just to give away money...) and using that as 'verification' of their misguided understanding.

Lot of that in this forum on a variety of subjects, but folks get tired of correcting the, generally well-meaning, but misled, people who perpetuate these rumors. So they often go unchecked and grow in the minds of those who do not actually personally vet the myths. Thanks again for setting the record straight (for the 100th time this has popped up), not that it matters, he won't believe the actual emails from Ford over what he feels is true. (I swear you could show them the screen that calls the 200K points check box out as a reward for the Mod Top Swap and they would ignore it)
One thing I rarely clear is my email history, even for junk, but especially the important stuff, like these. Just a matter of finding them, on demand. Thanks for the thanks, I appreciate it.

helifino16

Wildtrak
First Name
Ron
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2009 Dodge Challenger, 2007 FLHTC "Classic"
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

Wait, what? Didn't everybody get a gazillion points when they ordered? I thought it was just me.

Lucky

Banned
Raptor
Banned
Banned
First Name
Jeremiah
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'21 OB Sasquatch V6 2-Door AMB
Your Bronco Model
Raptor
Clubs

You donā€™t even know youā€™re talking about.

Maybe shut up and listen.

Icemanchu

Badlands
First Name
Isaac
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ford Edge ST
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Just read your looooong post. Glad I did. I had already gone back through my archived emails from Ford and only had the March email as the most recent update on the matter. I must have missed the June update and deleted it. This clears it up well though. Now just need to get my dealership that info
Sponsored