Squatch

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
It's a curious thing to watch animals walk right up to be slaughtered without resistance.

Idiocracy keeps coming true, cars that can be remotely shutdown, and it has been nowhere near 500 years. My new car buying days are numbered.

I really liked the Fusion Hybrid as a commuter car, but I'll believe Carole Baskin before I'd buy a hybrid Bronco.

tshaw2009

Base
First Name
Tony
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2011 F150 Lariat, 2018 Ford Edge Titanium
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

Bronco is going to be a cash cow for Ford in the coming years.
It honestly wouldn't surprise me if Ford made Bronco it's own brand name similar to what FCA did with RAM. The rumors of this happening would actually make a lot of sense considering Ford advertised the Bronco as its own family of vehicles. I honestly really wouldn't mind the change either. On the hybrid note though, I would never buy a hybrid because I'm fairly old school but it makes sense from a marketing perspective as so many people nowadays are trying to be as green as possible.

zaki

Black Diamond
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'19 Lexus LS 500;'94 Acura NSX;'13 Landcruiser
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Rational approach for me:

Get the ICE Bronco.
Enjoy it...gas is cheap.
IF Ford does come up with a good and reliable Hybrid or better yet PHEV, you can always trade to get one in a few years.

This sure beats waiting to get a Hybrid Bronco, if and when it comes out. Also gives you the chance to let Ford fix any issues with the Hybrid.

Metal_Horses

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1971 Bronco, 1969 Mustang, 85 SVO, Mach-e
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I can't see it getting almost 500 hp. They should be able to put any motor in this application. The 2.3T seems like
Might cancel my reservation to wait for the hybrid. Having something that could get me better mileage really appeals to me since gas will only go up in price.
I said that 7 years ago when I bought a plug-in Fusion. 7 years later gas is $1.93/gallon.

Don't get me wrong, I like it, but I didn't buy it to save money on gas. I enjoy the technology and a Mach-e will be replacing it before the new Bronco arrives. I'll be totally happy with an AWD Mach-e as my daily and my 2-Door FE (Put away for the winter) as my fun vehicle.

Sponsored

NCOBX

Base
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
H2 Hummer, Holden Commodore
Your Bronco Model
Base
No drag racing for me. I just prefer the added reliability of less parts to fail, the much simpler engine bay, and the linear power curve that both eco engines do not have.
The turbo engines are a great liability when you’re off the beaten path. It would be one thing if you could keep going when they failed, but for whatever reason the computer does not allow that I found out.

Sergio El Bailador

Black Diamond
First Name
Arthur
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mustang
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

It's a curious thing to watch animals walk right up to be slaughtered without resistance.

Idiocracy keeps coming true, cars that can be remotely shutdown, and it has been nowhere near 500 years. My new car buying days are numbered.

I really liked the Fusion Hybrid as a commuter car, but I'll believe Carole Baskin before I'd buy a hybrid Bronco.
WAKE UP SHEEPLE!

Moze

Badlands
First Name
Sean
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco Badlands, 2013 Jeep Wrangler Rubicon, 2017 Tesla Model S
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

No drag racing for me. I just prefer the added reliability of less parts to fail, the much simpler engine bay, and the linear power curve that both eco engines do not have.
The turbo engines are a great liability when you’re off the beaten path. It would be one thing if you could keep going when they failed, but for whatever reason the computer does not allow that I found out.
As a guy that actually like to go crawling, a v8 isn't attractive to me at all. Too much weight over the nose, traditionally over heating problems moving at these slow speeds, not enough low rpm torque. Also, natural aspiration sucks at high altitude - forced aspiration will be an upgrade for me. And I can see where an e-boost of instant torque would be amazing.

But if you're staying lower altitude and doing a lot of road/overland miles then a v8 may be great for you.

Side thought: if you can get enough range, EV will be the best. Instant torque, low center of gravity, equally distributed weight, no drive shaft to candycane on rocks - far simpler with way less components and electric motors rated at 1M miles +. When Ford does an EV Bronco, I will trade in my 2021.

Last edited:

NCOBX

Base
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Base
As a guy that actually like to go crawling, a v8 isn't attractive to me at all. Too much weight over the nose, traditionally over heating problems moving at these slow speeds, not enough low rpm torque. Also, natural aspiration sucks at high altitude - forced aspiration will be an upgrade for me. And I can see where an e-boost of instant torque would be amazing.

But if you're staying lower altitude and doing a lot of road/overland miles then a v8 may be great for you.
Didn’t we already determine the 5.0 weighs 20 lbs less than the 2.7L? That 20 lbs difference doesn’t even account for the 2.7L turbos and added plumbing. Add to that fact the 5.0L isn’t exactly the lightest V8 on the market...

Also turbos are known for heat soak and these are no different.

Sponsored

NCOBX

Base
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Base
How can a vehicle have all these problems and nobody owns one yet? I don't understand what you mean
The 2.3L+2.7L engine has experience in other vehicles, this isn’t an all new engine. We can make safe assumptions of the positives and negatives based on other applications.

It would have made sense for Ford to at least move the alternator up and out of the way, though pictures we have seen so far indicate it is still located in a rather poor spot. Still time to move it up so we will see...

Jdc

Badlands
First Name
Jon
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco Badlands
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

They make these emf beanies now so you don't have to wear the tinfoil hat anymore
https://getlambs.com/products/emf-proof-beanie
Ford Bronco Report: 2022 Bronco Hybrid Will Get a 3.0-Liter V6, Up To 450+ HP 1597254009815

jaspercasidino

Base
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

There are only a few things certain in life: Death, Taxes, and NCOBX mentioning in all threads about lack of V8 option in Bronco, turbo unreliability, superior V8 gas mileage, his 2.7L TT work truck leaving him stranded out of state and it’s numerous oil pan issues, lack of manual on bigger engine option, bad alternator placement, non-linear torque curves, 2.3L T engine failures and the occasional V8 engine swap that he will be doing.

So June is when we are going to see these Broncos being delivered. Gonna be reading this stuff for a long time ladies and gentleman!

I am glad that there are passionate people though. I just don’t see the point in bringing some of these issues up constantly.

SkullsWalk

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2012 VW GTI 3-Door Manual
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

It honestly wouldn't surprise me if Ford made Bronco it's own brand name similar to what FCA did with RAM. The rumors of this happening would actually make a lot of sense considering Ford advertised the Bronco as its own family of vehicles. I honestly really wouldn't mind the change either. On the hybrid note though, I would never buy a hybrid because I'm fairly old school but it makes sense from a marketing perspective as so many people nowadays are trying to be as green as possible.
For me it wouldn't be about being as green as possible, but trying to go further in between gas stops if this becomes my only vehicle. But with all the arm-chair engineers and mechanics (no offense cause some have actually given some great info) in these threads I just keep getting more confused. "These engines suck!" "These engines are great!" "The 10 speed sucks!" "The 10 speed is awesome!" "33s are crap, go 35s" "35s are crap go with 33s" "both suck go with 37s." Feel like I'm going in circles being on here haha. You guys may end up having me buy a Fiesta by accident ?.
Sponsored