First Name
Frank
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1200XL
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
@goalie Question for your Bronco...Is there any NVH (noise, vibration, harshness) from the Sunrider when closed?

This is relative, but what about wind noise compared to your roof panels, when closed?

Expected that the wind noise will be more when open. ;)
Sponsored

Bronco81

Big Bend
First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
F250/'81 Bronco Ranger XLT/Town Car Ultimate
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
Long Winded Post Alert; but hope this helps. I have had this installed for 3 months now.

My original complaint with the Sunrider was excessive wind noise.
I also had interior leaks while the Hard Top was still on the vehicle, and had the same leaks with the Sunrider. With a months wait for a new seal from Ford...

My Windshield CAP was replaced per Fords TSB and can report back that both the leaks were remedied and the Wind Noise has drastically reduced based on the seal being much tighter to the front edge of the Sunrider. -- Previously there was a large gap on the driver side front allowing winds to infiltrate the cabin. -- Any crosswinds made it unbearable and I wanted to take it off. -- Glad I did not.

• Fit/finish (for the 2 door Bronco)
    • Ill give it an 7/10; it looks like a very well made top overall; all components are nicely powder coated and plastics look good/textured as previously mentioned. The driver side rear of the top does not make contact with the foam seal on the high point of the MIC top.
  • interior sound level compared to the hardtop with roof rails
    • Did not have roof rails. Soft top IS louder than the Hardtop, but its not LOUD until you get over 70. Crosswinds do affect the sound level here.
  • NVH compared to the hardtop (popping sound)
    • My hardtop leaked, but never popped.
  • quality of twill compared to vinyl
    • Twill is extremely nice.
  • any sealing issues for air or water
    • As mentioned the foam seal does not sit 100% on the driver rear. I have flooded this area when washing and water drains forward to the rear edge of the soft top over the window and not one drop inside the vehicle. -- Any leaks I have had were on Ford.
I would absolutely buy this again; its always open. The convenience of opening the top anytime and not worrying about where to store the tops in your two door are worth the price of admission.

OP
OP
Harumph

Harumph

Badlands
First Name
Frank
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1200XL
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Long Winded Post Alert; but hope this helps. I have had this installed for 3 months now.

I would absolutely buy this again; its always open. The convenience of opening the top anytime and not worrying about where to store the tops in your two door are worth the price of admission.
Very helpful...Thanks!

I'm hoping whatever gap issues at the front and rear cap will be resolved by @Bestop_Team in a revision. What say you..Bestop_Team :)

Great to know Ford replaced/resolved your sealing issue. đź‘Ť

ex_nyer

Badlands
First Name
Chokes
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
F150, Land Cruiser, Outback
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Looking for inputs about your experience with this top.
  • Fit/finish (for the 2 door Bronco)
  • interior sound level compared to the hardtop with roof rails
  • NVH compared to the hardtop (popping sound)
  • quality of twill compared to vinyl
  • any sealing issues for air or water

1637597710085-png.png

1637597841382-png.png

Many thanks for sharing your real life experience with this top on a 2 door Bronco! 🤙
I ordered a Sun Rider top (Twill) for my 2DR Bronco but had an issue with the product that was sent so I never installed it. I can say that Customer Service has been excellent and very responsive to my concerns. Some people pointed out that modifications were being made by the Company and I believe that is the case.

goalie

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Jeep JK
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

@goalie Question for your Bronco...Is there any NVH (noise, vibration, harshness) from the Sunrider when closed?

This is relative, but what about wind noise compared to your roof panels, when closed?

Expected that the wind noise will be more when open. ;)
Well I'm not the best source when talking about the Bronco. I got my 2 door last monday, so not a ton of time with the hard top in place. Also I've had the sunrider sitting in the garage since January just waiting, so it went on pretty quick. And lastly, since its been on, I haven't driven with it closed (because its awesome!). I can say, compared to the JK one, this one goes on easier, and can be easily removed (for removing the whole top) and put back on. I had a bit of trouble getting the JK one to fit in place perfectly, so I never removed it once it was there. I guess they learned a little in the years since then.

Based on my years of JK experience with these, it was literally the first thing I bought for my bronco, and I was checking that it was going to be made for the Bronco many months ago, back when we didnt have a clue when Ford was going to make our trucks (oh wait thats still true for most people)

Sponsored

pony2bronco

First Edition
First Name
Ryan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2DR FE
Your Bronco Model
First Edition
Clubs

Following this thread, thinking about getting one too.

I ordered a Sun Rider top (Twill) for my 2DR Bronco but had an issue with the product that was sent so I never installed it.
What was the issue?

For those with an imperfect fit / gap were you 2dr or 4dr?

ex_nyer

Badlands
First Name
Chokes
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
F150, Land Cruiser, Outback
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Following this thread, thinking about getting one too.

What was the issue?

For those with an imperfect fit / gap were you 2dr or 4dr?
The package I received was not in good shape and when I opened it there were some broken pieces so I sealed it up and sent it back.

2DR

Customer Service was easy to work with and sent an RMA 3 and a return shipping label immediately.

Last edited:

Roger123

Badlands
First Name
Roger
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'15 GC, '14 Yamaha Super Tenere
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Here's mine, just put it on yesterday, have to call them tomorrow. It's not even close to fitting my '22 2 Door, large gaps on both sides, weather strip doesn't touch the top.

I didn't want to post before speaking with them but saw this and figured it was Germaine to the topic.

Ford Bronco Wanting feedback/review of Bestop Sunrider for 2 door tempImageAG9CLm

Ford Bronco Wanting feedback/review of Bestop Sunrider for 2 door tempImage8DBvBz

Ford Bronco Wanting feedback/review of Bestop Sunrider for 2 door tempImage5Zs9u9

Last edited:

goalie

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Jeep JK
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

wow, thats crazy, I dont have those same gaps at all on my 2 door.

Sponsored

Roger123

Badlands
First Name
Roger
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'15 GC, '14 Yamaha Super Tenere
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
That’s interesting, can you post some pics? Wonder how some fit and some don’t? Mines not even remotely close to sealing.

I really want this top but don’t want them to send another that doesn’t fit.

OP
OP
Harumph

Harumph

Badlands
First Name
Frank
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1200XL
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
@Roger123 Thanks for posting. Hoping @Bestop_Team can expedite a replacement to you at no cost. I expect Bestop will want your top for failure analysis, unless they are already aware of some bad stock that made it into the distribution channel.

When did you buy and receive your Sunrider?
Did you buy directly from Bestop or from a distributor?

Last edited:

Dads_bronze_bronco

Raptor
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
08 JKUR / x_x 00 TJ x_x
Your Bronco Model
Raptor
Clubs

Here's mine, just put it on yesterday, have to call them tomorrow. It's not even close to fitting my '22 2 Door, large gaps on both sides, weather strip doesn't touch the top.

I didn't want to post before speaking with them but saw this and figured it was Germaine to the topic.

tempImageAG9CLm.jpg

tempImage8DBvBz.jpg

tempImage5Zs9u9.jpg

Makes you wonder if it is MIC consistency issue …

OP
OP
Harumph

Harumph

Badlands
First Name
Frank
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1200XL
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
I decided to order the Twill based on responses from people on this thread, having good/great experiences. Also, Bestop has responded on this thread and seems to be working to make things right for folks who have had issues with their top. đź‘Ť

I will continue to watch for updates from those who have experienced issues. Reality is, things happen. No excuses, just expectations and understanding.

When a company steps-up to take good care of their customers, it says a lot about that company.