Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Black Diamond Bronco, 2023 Outerbanks Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

UPDATE:

I solved my @Bestop Sunrider issue. They have you put a 5.5mm spacer in the rear bolts between the Sunrider and the Bronco (section 3 step 1 of instructions), this raises up the rear of the Sunrider, hence the gap. I pulled out the spacer and just used 1 flat metal washer and it completely solved the gap issue.

I really love this top and wanted it to work!

Now if @bestop ever calls me back from my service ticket I'll let them know and hopefully they can prevent getting any more tops back for no reason.

That large plastic washer is supposed to go under the top, between the bronco and the sunrider. It's too thick which causes the gap.

tempImageyuI0MA.jpg

Before (with washer installed per directions):

tempImage1DVdQv.jpg

After (with provided plastic washer removed and just a thin fender washer in it's place):
Huge improvement, fits very close to the Bronco top contour now.

I did try with no washers and it seemed to be fine but I was a bit concerned about "tweaking" the top so I went with one small washer, I'm sure none would be fine as well.

tempImage4ff6XN.jpg

By the way, this top is top quality in all regards, I had no issue with the top what-so-ever and really wanted it to fit. The black Twill is super heavy duty, the latches and top mechanism are top notch. Highly recommend this top, it transforms the Bronco into a much more open air friendly vehicle without having to mess around with the roof panels. Takes literally 5 sec to operate in either direction.

It's a 15min job to swap back and forth from it to the Ford roof panels.

This should be a factory Ford option.
Did you conduct a leak test with directed water at that seam?
Sponsored

Roger123

Badlands
First Name
Roger
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'15 GC, '14 Yamaha Super Tenere
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Nope, not yet, I'm sure it'll be fine the weather stripping is well compressed.

BroncoAZ

Badlands
First Name
Mitch
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 2 Door Badlands manual, 2021 Tacoma TRD OR
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
I figured I’d share my purchase experience. I checked Google shopping for the best price on the Sunrider for my 2 door, there was a site called Partshawk.com that I’ve never heard of with a good price and no sales tax. I did my research and they looked legit so I placed the order yesterday afternoon. I got a shipping notice today for a 40# package, should be here tomorrow.

https://partshawk.com/ford-bronco-s...G9BXBOfWfZStVxjWh2Y4GV7e6qv09M_rCq1WDlxeSp4o4

37978443-D26C-4ED1-9C93-7501EBD79906.jpeg

mlsjr14

Big Bend
First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
N/A
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
Clubs

UPDATE:

I solved my @Bestop Sunrider issue. They have you put a 5.5mm spacer in the rear bolts between the Sunrider and the Bronco (section 3 step 1 of instructions), this raises up the rear of the Sunrider, hence the gap. I pulled out the spacer and just used 1 flat metal washer and it completely solved the gap issue.

I really love this top and wanted it to work!

Now if @bestop ever calls me back from my service ticket I'll let them know and hopefully they can prevent getting any more tops back for no reason.

That large plastic washer is supposed to go under the top, between the bronco and the sunrider. It's too thick which causes the gap.

Ford Bronco Wanting feedback/review of Bestop Sunrider for 2 door 37978443-D26C-4ED1-9C93-7501EBD79906

Before (with washer installed per directions):

Ford Bronco Wanting feedback/review of Bestop Sunrider for 2 door 37978443-D26C-4ED1-9C93-7501EBD79906

After (with provided plastic washer removed and just a thin fender washer in it's place):
Huge improvement, fits very close to the Bronco top contour now.

I did try with no washers and it seemed to be fine but I was a bit concerned about "tweaking" the top so I went with one small washer, I'm sure none would be fine as well.

By the way, this top is top quality in all regards, I had no issue with the top what-so-ever and really wanted it to fit. The black Twill is super heavy duty, the latches and top mechanism are top notch. Highly recommend this top, it transforms the Bronco into a much more open air friendly vehicle without having to mess around with the roof panels. Takes literally 5 sec to operate in either direction.

It's a 15min job to swap back and forth from it to the Ford roof panels.

This should be a factory Ford option.
Thanks for posting this update. I think I’ll swap my spacers for a thinner washer and give it a go. I assume there’s no ill affect from making this change….

Roger123

Badlands
First Name
Roger
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Thanks for posting this update. I think I’ll swap my spacers for a thinner washer and give it a go. I assume there’s no ill affect from making this change….
Nothing that I could see, I tightened everything down evenly across all 4 bolts and it all snugged up nice and true. Top operates perfectly and all gaps look good and even.

Sponsored

ATLUTDFAN

First Edition
First Name
Jeremy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco First Edition
Your Bronco Model
First Edition
Clubs

Hard to tell but looks like a small gap there? Nothing like the other posters pic
Thanks but you got every angle other than the one from the back, LOL. What's it look like back here?

Mine fits perfectly everywhere but where I have my finger (on both sides).

tempImagetWHAuw.jpg
Rodger I see what you are saying now. Mine fits pretty well; however I do have a small gap at the point you are showing above. I do have the spacer installed as shown in the install video from Bestop.

See images below:

Ford Bronco Wanting feedback/review of Bestop Sunrider for 2 door driver

Ford Bronco Wanting feedback/review of Bestop Sunrider for 2 door passenger

Last edited:

Roger123

Badlands
First Name
Roger
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Yup, that's pretty much exactly how mine was. I guess there's just some manufacturing differences in the Bronco causing the issue. Good thing is it's an easy fix!

ATLUTDFAN

First Edition
First Name
Jeremy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
First Edition
Clubs

Yup, that's pretty much exactly how mine was. I guess there's just some manufacturing differences in the Bronco causing the issue. Good thing is it's an easy fix!
Roger, thank you for pointing this out. I probably would not have noticed until the first time water got in.

If you buy this top definitely open and close the top to check fitment as you install. I did not even notice the gap on the back when I did my install. It literally takes minutes to install and uninstall the top so no worries if you miss it.

I removed the spacer it fits so much better now. The gasket on the top actually compresses against the gasket on the hard top. The hump on the soft top and the hard top line up and look so much better now.

I loosened all the bolts including the center bracket and tighten from the center bracket, back bolts, and then the front bolts. Figment is so much better.

Got to believe that will reduce the wind noise on the highway. It will definitely reduce the chance of water intrusion parked on on down slope.

Makes me wonder if the spacer is only for the four door version.

Bestop should confirm why the spacer is necessary since it is negatively affecting the fitment on the 2 door.

BTW - I absolutely love this top after having it on my Bronco for just a week. Top is so much less effort than the hard top panels.

Ford Bronco Wanting feedback/review of Bestop Sunrider for 2 door driver_fixed

Ford Bronco Wanting feedback/review of Bestop Sunrider for 2 door passenger_fixed_close

Ford Bronco Wanting feedback/review of Bestop Sunrider for 2 door passenger_fixed

Last edited:

Beach_Bum

Black Diamond
First Name
Ken
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Black Diamond Bronco, 2023 Outerbanks Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

I want to thank everyone for the feedback on the SunRider especially regarding the fitment issue that @Roger123 was able to troubleshoot. I ordered it yesterday before the price increase. Their customer service was very responsive and issued a $100 credit for the veteran's discount.

pony2bronco

First Edition
First Name
Ryan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2DR FE
Your Bronco Model
First Edition
Clubs

Still following thread - thanks for the updates everyone I just got mine in too. Going to wait for warmer/dryer weather to install.

Sponsored

TheShark

Wildtrak
First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Bronco 4DR Wildtrak, 2023 Maverick XLT FX4
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

I think the results are in, when installing the Sunrider at least for the 2dr don't use the supplied washers. I removed the washers today, realigned everything and tightened it back up. Now I didn't have as large of a gap as ATLUTDFAN had on his initial installation but it really did snug everything up.

Ford Bronco Wanting feedback/review of Bestop Sunrider for 2 door F95AAD85-88DE-4211-B8E9-2BFA6575BF69_1_105_c

TheShark

Wildtrak
First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Bronco 4DR Wildtrak, 2023 Maverick XLT FX4
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

I finally got to take the Bronco out on the highway since I made the adjustments and removed the washers to the Sunrider. I have to say it did make a difference, I'd say the wind noise is about on par with the HT, maybe even a little less.

ATLUTDFAN

First Edition
First Name
Jeremy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
First Edition
Clubs