Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Bronco 4DR Wildtrak, 2023 Maverick XLT FX4
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

Installed my Sunrider on Sunday, thanks Gloff for the advice about adjusting the strikers, ended up adjusting both sides. It's hard now to tell if the wind noise is any better or worse than the HT panels which I guess is a good sign. Sunday was a beautiful day here in NC and I was driving around with the top open. Love the convenience of just being able to unhook and flip the top back and not futzing with the panels.

Ford Bronco Bestop Sunrider Wind Noise D0A5138A-7F0D-4611-B3FA-34BF868CFEF6_1_105_c
Sponsored

Roger123

Badlands
First Name
Roger
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'15 GC, '14 Yamaha Super Tenere
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Installed my Sunrider on Sunday, thanks Gloff for the advice about adjusting the strikers, ended up adjusting both sides. It's hard now to tell if the wind noise is any better or worse than the HT panels which I guess is a good sign. Sunday was a beautiful day here in NC and I was driving around with the top open. Love the convenience of just being able to unhook and flip the top back and not futzing with the panels.

Ford Bronco Bestop Sunrider Wind Noise D0A5138A-7F0D-4611-B3FA-34BF868CFEF6_1_105_c
Did you put in the plastic washers on the rear bolts? I did at first and it caused a rather large gap between the top and the Sunrider which I believe also created some extra wind noise.

I removed them and it closed up the gap.
Before:
Ford Bronco Bestop Sunrider Wind Noise CF7F1EDB-A08F-4C08-B0CB-2B92BF1FE679

After:

Ford Bronco Bestop Sunrider Wind Noise 3FC1B2BF-B1A5-4366-95B9-C9D425CA7C73

TheShark

Wildtrak
First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Bronco 4DR Wildtrak, 2023 Maverick XLT FX4
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

Did you put in the plastic washers on the rear bolts? I did at first and it caused a rather large gap between the top and the Sunrider which I believe also created some extra wind noise.

Before:

After:

I did use the plastic washers but the gap I have in the back is more like your after picture. I might try it without the plastic washers and see what kind of difference it makes.

mlsjr14

Big Bend
First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
N/A
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
Clubs

Before:

After:

Very interesting. I installed with the washers per the instructions and have a similar gap to your original pic. I wonder if there is any other downside to skipping the washers?

Roger123

Badlands
First Name
Roger
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Very interesting. I installed with the washers per the instructions and have a similar gap to your original pic. I wonder if there is any other downside to skipping the washers?
Not that I can see.

Sponsored

Nym1178

Outer Banks
First Name
Nicole
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Also going to contact Bestop; the wind noise is... loud.
Ford is going to replace the front seal above the windshield next week since I had a leak with the original hardtop and now the sunrider. -- Going to try and make adjustments thereafter.
Encouraging to see the full top has a similar panel and is quiet(er) as expected.
Did your leak get fix? I’ve got the Sunrider and I’ve got a bad water leak going down my A pillars. Ford has reinstalled the gasket according to the new TSB but it’s still leaking and is also a lot louder than the hard top.

bodean

Base
First Name
Shawn
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
76 Mini, 99 4Runner, 07 FJ Cruiser, 16 Tacoma
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

Update:

I adjusted the assembly rearward using the mounting bolts, and it made it tolerable, this got me thinking. The latch rotates down and rearward to secure. I adjusted the striker forward using the two bolts and that made it feel more solid upon latching. Striker mount bolts in red, the trim doesn't have to be removed, but it does make it easier, the clips to squeeze are circled in green. I loosened it enough that I could tap it with the ratchet to get it to move. Bolts are IP50 which comes in the Bronco tool kit.

I'm going to mess with the seal some to see if I can make it quieter, but it's much better.

Thanks for this! Solved my issue perfectly.

Roger123

Badlands
First Name
Roger
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Did your leak get fix? I’ve got the Sunrider and I’ve got a bad water leak going down my A pillars. Ford has reinstalled the gasket according to the new TSB but it’s still leaking and is also a lot louder than the hard top.
I get a leak sometimes down my drivers side A-pillar with the Sunrider (didn't have one with the HT). What is the TSB?

Nym1178

Outer Banks
First Name
Nicole
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
I get a leak sometimes down my drivers side A-pillar with the Sunrider (didn't have one with the HT). What is the TSB?
The dealership did fix both the TSB and adjusted the Sunrider after contacting Bestop. No charge to me for either. The TSB is known and about to be released but I don’t specifically have the details. Dealership said Ford is aware and will release but that they had the parts and made the replacement. But when that didn’t resolved the leak, they contacted Bestop to see how they could make adjustments for a tighter seal. It seems to be working. Just have a couple of drops of water when going through a high power wash. Will try and wash myself with my pressure washer this weekend. And can give you an update after that.

thesocalexplorer

Big Bend
First Name
Joe
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
Clubs

Thanks @Gloff for the two tips on reducing wind noise. Worked great!

Initially, I was kind of disappointed by the highway wind noise on my sunrider. After the adjustments + removing the 5.5 washer, I'm just a bit louder than my MIC top at 75mph (74db with the sunrider vs. 70db with the MIC 2.0 w/ headliner).

Sponsored

Irideducs

Black Diamond
First Name
Ben
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Ditto.

On my 4 door, I had a perfect fit across the back WITH the provided spacer in place.

However, I did have to adjust the driver’s side latch plate for a tighter fit on the front.

I also noticed (like others) that there was really no pressure from the Sunrider header on the secondary gasket at the windshield. So I added a 1” x 1/8”stiff foam weatherstrip across the header.

All good now - no leaks and about as quiet as my old Wrangler soft top.

As a side note - the Sunrider and Gearshade are fully compatible.

945C4F81-9C0A-4879-B937-641F20BE0AC6.jpeg

62CED7C5-45FE-4B33-80AA-9E30C45DD796.jpeg

Santos

Badlands
First Name
Santo
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1977F100:1970 Mustang Fastback
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

We got our Sunrider the day we headed out on vacation; I threw it on and hit the road. The air noise...WOW, I was disenchanted but too late hardtop panels at home. Found this on the forum and WOOO HOO! FIXED! Love this thing and my wife super SUPER happy, most of us know what that means 😉 . A little more tweeking and I am gonna hate taking this thing off for winter... if I have to.
If you are on the fence ordering and don't mind adjusting the top you probably will love it, but that's an opinion. 😁

Santos

Badlands
First Name
Santo
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1977F100:1970 Mustang Fastback
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

P.S. THANK YOU ALL for the suggestions on the fix!

dakeldani

Badlands
First Name
Danilo
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Ditto.

On my 4 door, I had a perfect fit across the back WITH the provided spacer in place.

However, I did have to adjust the driver’s side latch plate for a tighter fit on the front.

I also noticed (like others) that there was really no pressure from the Sunrider header on the secondary gasket at the windshield. So I added a 1” x 1/8”stiff foam weatherstrip across the header.

All good now - no leaks and about as quiet as my old Wrangler soft top.

As a side note - the Sunrider and Gearshade are fully compatible.

Ford Bronco Bestop Sunrider Wind Noise 62CED7C5-45FE-4B33-80AA-9E30C45DD796

Ford Bronco Bestop Sunrider Wind Noise 62CED7C5-45FE-4B33-80AA-9E30C45DD796
Where did you put the weatherstrip in this pic?