First Name
Silly
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
None
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Do any of these mods relevant for the trektop softtop?
Im inclined to buy the trektop by bestop and wonder if anyone experienced similar issues and whether similar tricks to the one mentioned here helped
Sponsored

EN2DIRT

Badlands
First Name
Randy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Bronco Badlands, 2021 Jeep Gladiator Rubicon
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Did bestop replied back?
I purchased through Northridge 4x4 so went through them for the return. I did email Bestop first and they approved the return, just had to go through vendor I purchased from. At first Northridge stated they can refund since I already installed it so I told them Bestop already approved under their 30 day satisfaction policy. They worked with Bestop and I was able to return for full refund.

Still bummed it didn't work because I love it on my Gladiator. Waiting to see what people say about the Skyrider before I order anything else.

Reactions: LCW

Canyon Coolers

Wildtrak
Base Sponsor (Level 1)
First Name
Jason
Threads
Reaction score
Website
canyoncoolers.com
Vehicle(s)
73 Bronco, Dodge 2500, Sprinter Van
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

Sounds like the issue was resolved. My 2023 soft top is relatively quiet, but I added the Ford front valance recently to protect the windshield and it seems to really quiet down the ride even more.

Ford Bronco Bestop Sunrider Wind Noise 20230306_104404

mC.242

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Big Bend 4dr (sold)
Your Bronco Model
Undecided
I recently installed the Sunrider, and did all the mods suggested to quiet the wind noise (mine was leaking pretty bad, and the gap in the back was close to 1/2"). It's pretty good now, but I feel like the front latch brackets need to be a little lower to seal even better. I was thinking of shimming them down with some large flat washers to pull the seal even tighter (would put the washers between the frame mount and bracket. I did use the 1x1/8" weather strip as suggested along the front of the header, which helped a lot.

Has anyone tried this?
I already moved them forward as much as possible, but think that lowering them a tiny bit will also help. Just curious if this will make the latches too hard to work, but they are already hard to work...

Note - I also just purchased the hood deflector. I don't love the way it looks, but if it helps keep the windshield clean and cuts down on wind noise I'm all in.

Thanks!

Last edited:

BigHoof

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ram 2500
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I just installed my Sunrider today. I couldn’t close it all the way at first. Took off went through all the steps again and reinstalled. Was still hard to close but was able to get it and latch it. Now the hooks on the latch won’t clear to unhook and open. Took for a ride and it sounds like airplane it’s so noisy. Didn’t have any issue like this on my Gladiator. So frustrated. I don’t want to be adjusting anything on the Bronco so my panels will still go on as they were from the factory.

I emailed Bestop to see what they say.

I’m ready to return it.
I had this same issue and was getting pretty frustrated. The problem was that if you don't fold the sunvisor out of the way a little bit, the latch mechanism cannot fully open and release. Works like a charm after figuring that out. Thought this may help someone with the same problem.

Sponsored

Amcole1984

Big Bend
First Name
Amber
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 2 door Bronco Big Bend
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
Clubs

Anyone have the best top sunrider? I installed one on my two door and the wind noise at 70 is unbearable. I tried adjusting the top forward as much as possible, and it's still extremely loud. It's almost like it isn't close enough to the header and wind gets in between the soft top and the weatherstrip on the header. Love the idea of the thing, but would not be able to tolerate the noise level.

scjb7i6ylyueoh6xafow.jpg
Ive had mine for a year and a half and have had zero issues. No extra wind noise on mine. Sounds the same as when the panels are on.

mC.242

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Big Bend 4dr (sold)
Your Bronco Model
Undecided
It still makes some weird popping noises (especially when cold). I'm sure it's a bit of flapping near the back. Wind noise is good though. Anyone remedy this?

ILoveToDrive

Badlands
First Name
Larry
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Bronco Badlands Sasquatch, Porsche Macan S
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Update:

I adjusted the assembly rearward using the mounting bolts, and it made it tolerable, this got me thinking. The latch rotates down and rearward to secure. I adjusted the striker forward using the two bolts and that made it feel more solid upon latching. Striker mount bolts in red, the trim doesn't have to be removed, but it does make it easier, the clips to squeeze are circled in green. I loosened it enough that I could tap it with the ratchet to get it to move. Bolts are IP50 which comes in the Bronco tool kit.

I'm going to mess with the seal some to see if I can make it quieter, but it's much better.

You need to be careful about the bolt alignment on the plate securing the sunrider to the 2nd panel. I tried moving the top position forward, but was unhappy about the way the screws were aligning with the hole on the rear center bracket. It presents a potential "strip" issue.

ILoveToDrive

Badlands
First Name
Larry
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Did your leak get fix? I’ve got the Sunrider and I’ve got a bad water leak going down my A pillars. Ford has reinstalled the gasket according to the new TSB but it’s still leaking and is also a lot louder than the hard top.
This will sound like a dumb question, but did you recheck the tightness of the bolts securing the top? I went through a carwash, and I might as well have skipped my morning shower! I checked the bolts, and sure enough, the bolts going through the washer had loosened. I tightened them down...hard..and introduced a lock washer into the mix. No more leaks!

OP
OP
Gloff

Gloff

Big Bend
First Name
Sean
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.serramonteford.com
Vehicle(s)
'21 Ford Bronco Big Bend, '03 BMW Z4
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
Clubs

You need to be careful about the bolt alignment on the plate securing the sunrider to the 2nd panel. I tried moving the top position forward, but was unhappy about the way the screws were aligning with the hole on the rear center bracket. It presents a potential "strip" issue.
I didn't have any issues with that, I had bolted down the rear section already, so adjusting the front didn't affect anything but the tightness at the header.

Sponsored

ILoveToDrive

Badlands
First Name
Larry
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

It still makes some weird popping noises (especially when cold). I'm sure it's a bit of flapping near the back. Wind noise is good though. Anyone remedy this?
The popping noise is coming from the positioning pins on the hard panel. Slip on some heat shrink tubing and a piece of cloth tape...problem solved.

ILoveToDrive

Badlands
First Name
Larry
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I didn't have any issues with that, I had bolted down the rear section already, so adjusting the front didn't affect anything but the tightness at the header.
What exactly was the steps for the adjustment you made...and how much?

Lcubed

Badlands
First Name
l
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
VW golf r, 2023 ManBadSquatch
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

The popping noise is coming from the positioning pins on the hard panel. Slip on some heat shrink tubing and a piece of cloth tape...problem solved.
which positioning pins? are they on the leading edge of the halo?

(can't check my vehicle right now. it's raining :))

ILoveToDrive

Badlands
First Name
Larry
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Update:

I adjusted the assembly rearward using the mounting bolts, and it made it tolerable, this got me thinking. The latch rotates down and rearward to secure. I adjusted the striker forward using the two bolts and that made it feel more solid upon latching. Striker mount bolts in red, the trim doesn't have to be removed, but it does make it easier, the clips to squeeze are circled in green. I loosened it enough that I could tap it with the ratchet to get it to move. Bolts are IP50 which comes in the Bronco tool kit.

I'm going to mess with the seal some to see if I can make it quieter, but it's much better.

How do the clips play into this adjustment? What do they do and when and why am I squeezing them?

mC.242

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Big Bend 4dr (sold)
Your Bronco Model
Undecided
I took the 1/8" weather stripping and wrapped it around the crossbar. It's thin enough so the part that wraps around it and closes with velcro still works properly but now the top doesn't flap and snap against the bar.
Sponsored