First Name
Pete
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'22 Bronco, '18 Tiguan
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
For the last few months I've been firmly in the camp of "Wildtrack trim shouldn't exist" and "WT = Sas OBX"

Had the chance to see a Shadow Black WT in person over the weekend and I was absolutely blown away. Looked incredible and definitely feels like the top Bronco trim to me. The fact it comes standard Sas & 2.7 is one thing, but some of the appearance details that are derided here as stickers and wheel colors make a big difference in person.

I'm hoping to take delivery of my OBX this week so my WT opinion is worth what you paid for it. Just thought I'd share how my understanding of the Bronco models changed quite a bit over the weekend.
Sponsored

gryphon1231

First Name
dj
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
na
Your Bronco Model
Undecided
Clubs

For the last few months I've been firmly in the camp of "Wildtrack trim shouldn't exist" and "WT = Sas OBX"

Had the chance to see a Shadow Black WT in person over the weekend and I was absolutely blown away. Looked incredible and definitely feels like the top Bronco trim to me. The fact it comes standard Sas & 2.7 is one thing, but some of the appearance details that are derided here as stickers and wheel colors make a big difference in person.

I'm hoping to take delivery of my OBX this week so my WT opinion is worth what you paid for it. Just thought I'd share how my understanding of the Bronco models changed quite a bit over the weekend.
the Top Bronco trim is which ever model fits your intended purpose. (rock crawling, high speed off roading, beach cruiser, dare I say mall crawlers) a side note, most of us buy a BL's or WT aren't buying them for their looks we're buying them for they're off road capabilities.

WyoBronc

Wildtrak
First Name
Kerry
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ranger, 2021 Bronco BB, 2006 Saturn Vue
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Thanks for that prospectfour. Although, all Broncos are awesome, lI’m a bit partial to the WT myself. There are so many posts from people bashing the WT for one reason or the other…… it’s good to see a little love for a change.

Raptor911

Raptor
First Name
Raptor911
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 F150 Raptor, 2022 Wildtrak
Your Bronco Model
Raptor
Lol. It is funny why we think our opinion matters. Manufacturers have people that specialized in deciding what trim and every option included in that trim and whether it will sell and make money.

But bronco6g thinks they are smarter.

Btw … with the introduction of HOSS3, the OuterBanks will never compare with the Wildtrak again.

killaz05

Badlands
First Name
Charles
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ford Bronco Badlands 2.7 Sasquatch
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

With the Hoss 3.0 suspension only offered on Wildtrak it gives it a purpose. The fact that before, Ford was pushing the Wildtrak as for highspeed off-road and higher than Badlands was a bit weird to me. The Badlands could be optioned more than Wildtrak and they had the same suspension so they could both go highspeed off-road. There really isn't a difference between the Badlands optioned out to include all the Wildtrak luxuries/extras and the Badlands gets the sway-bar disconnect which many say they can live without, but it is awesome in use even on a regular trail.

Either way I think with the introduction of Hoss 3.0 it makes the Wildtrak where it needs to be in the line-up and probably where it should have been from the start. Now it truly separates itself from the Badlands. Just my $0.02

Sponsored

MNBigfoot

Base
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
F150
Your Bronco Model
Base
the Top Bronco trim is which ever model fits your intended purpose. (rock crawling, high speed off roading, beach cruiser, dare I say mall crawlers) a side note, most of us buy a BL's or WT aren't buying them for their looks we're buying them for they're off road capabilities.
Until the Hoss 3.0 came out the WT offered no off-road advantage over a Base model, except a Goat mode and the option to buy some skid plates, and was priced $8k (?) over a Base (2.7/Sas).

uncledoodoo

Everglades
First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
00 XJ, 56 F100, 11 Volvo XC90, Everglades
Your Bronco Model
Everglades
Clubs

Obviously Ford agreed, hence the HOSS 3.0 option. I drove a WT at Off-Roadeo, it was literally no different than my Base-Squatch 2.7 other than the uglier interior. I'm glad they're offering it now as a Raptor-light.

da_jokker

Wildtrak
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep Wrangler JKUR
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

I don't know what's worse, someone bashing an entire trim because of their opinion, or someone bashing an entire trim that had never seen one in person.

I'm glad you've seen the error of your ways, but the WT has always offered more than any iother trim, If nothing else, than a better price.

Raptor911

Raptor
First Name
Raptor911
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 F150 Raptor, 2022 Wildtrak
Your Bronco Model
Raptor
well said.

Ford's offers lots of Bronco trims (flavors) so you pick the one you like the best as you are the one paying for it.

BUT to criticize others for the flavor they chose is asinine.

I don't know what's worse, someone bashing an entire trim because of their opinion, or someone bashing an entire trim that had never seen one in person.

I'm glad you've seen the error of your ways, but the WT has always offered more than any iother trim, If nothing else, than a better price.

WyoBronc

Wildtrak
First Name
Kerry
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Obviously Ford agreed, hence the HOSS 3.0 option. I drove a WT at Off-Roadeo, it was literally no different than my Base-Squatch 2.7 other than the uglier interior. I'm glad they're offering it now as a Raptor-light.
Until the Hoss 3.0 came out the WT offered no off-road advantage over a Base model, except a Goat mode and the option to buy some skid plates, and was priced $8k (?) over a Base (2.7/Sas).
I knew someone saying anything positive about the WT would bring the trolls out.

Sponsored

WyoBronc

Wildtrak
First Name
Kerry
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
You misspelled "facts"
“Literally no difference” between a Base and a WT and “Uglier interior” is what you went with as “facts”? Oh, okay. Since when did someone’s opinion or interior color preference become a “fact”. Anyways, your complete ignorance was enough to troll me…..which I assume was your goal since your opinions and definition of facts are complete and utter bullshit. So congratulations on that.
I will say the Base and Big Bend are really good options to start a build and also a great bargain. The OBX is classy and beautiful and well appointed, the BD and BL are capable rock crawling beasts. I would also say, that for what you get on the WT (blacked out pkg….wheels, emblem, grill, Sas Pkg 2.7L, 10spd Auto, digi cam print seats (which I love), 7 GOAT Modes, Mid pkg, and trim exclusive options like side graphics, HOSS 3.0….there is a lot of value in the WT and a lot of WT only exclusive options.
You can love your own trim preference without bashing other peoples choices. Or you can be a dick. You can’t be both, but that’s just my “opinion”.

Edit: that misspelled facts line was funny as hell though. I may have to borrow that one.

Last edited:

Big Diamond

Wildtrak
First Name
Miles
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Bronco HOSS 3.0 Wildtrak
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

The first time I saw a Wildtrak in person, I had pretty much the same reaction.

I have a Black Diamond on the way (hopefully this month), but after sitting in a Wildtrak, I ordered a one on the last day before the orders closed. I assume I'll see it some time in 2023

Mvruggink41

Wildtrak
First Name
Mitchell
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Waiting on Wildtrak Bronco Sasquatch
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak

Thanks for the info! Last week was my build week, but they are having delays.. I cannot wait to get my Wildtrak!

Luckylat

Wildtrak
First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1999 Expedition, 2013 VW Wagon, 2023 Wildtrak
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Thank you for the great comments and good insight regarding WT. I was vacillating between an OBX and BL. But instead switched my initial order from OBX + SAS, to a WT+ Hoss 3.0, giving me a peace of mind. IMHO to mitigate any future front end mishaps.
Ford Bronco Apologies to Wildtrack Owners... 1649081751045
Sponsored