Murph
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Explorer Timberline
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
This seems interesting...

Looks like the zone 2 inch kit but with a baby perch collar and added bump stops up front.

If someone buys, please pull measurements off both spacers, the collar, and the bump stops (thanks).

Ford Bronco Zone 2 inch Lift Level for Badlands and SAS ZoneF1221.JPG

I personally like this approach better than the RPG perch collar only style, and here is why:

The RPG pushes the front up 2.25 using just the spring. This means that the shock is physically 2.25/1.5 = 1.5 inches extended from its "relatively centered" base/curb position. Based on what I have seen (below), the shock will only have 0.3 inches of extension before it moves into its "rebound escv" zone, and will only have 1.1 inches of downward extension (1.6 inches of downward travel) before full extension (this limiting of the droop is what makes the collar "safe" regarding CV binding):

Ford Bronco Zone 2 inch Lift Level for Badlands and SAS Bilstein Travel

Upward the shock will have 3.7 inches of travel (5.6 inches at the wheel) before the "compression escv" even starts to kick in, which will too late to be useful (full spring compression).

It just seems that the perch collar idea works against the Bilstein ESCV idea. In the case of this Zone kit, the perch collar looks to be only about a 3/8 inch (0.6 inches at the wheel). So if you want a little more lift than you can safely get with just a spacer lift (1 inch spacer / 1.5 inches at the wheel seems like about the limit of "safe"), and don't want to mess up the ESCV idea too bad, this might be for you.

Opinions will vary - and I know that aftermarket coilovers are better...
Sponsored

Kameronatm

Badlands
First Name
Kameron
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco Badlands 4dr
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Has anyone installed this kit? I am really considering it. What are the risks without getting new upper control arms like what come with their 3in kit?

OP
OP
Lurker B6G

Lurker B6G

Outer Banks
First Name
Murph
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Explorer Timberline
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Has anyone installed this kit? I am really considering it. What are the risks without getting new upper control arms like what come with their 3in kit?
No real risk - regarding the UCA.

It is pretty well documented that new UCA's are not really needed until you get to 3 inches of lift. However, at two inches or more I would guess that most aftermarket UCA's would be well within their camber adjustment range (So no reason that you couldn't upgrade if you don't like the stock unit).

rtaylor

Badlands
First Name
R
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
19Raptor, 22Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

If someone buys, please pull measurements off both spacers, the collar, and the bump stops (thanks).
Likely 1" front strut spacer, 1.25" or 1.32" rear strut spacer, 0.4" preload, and 0.5" bump stop (reuse of parts from 3" kits).

What are the risks without getting new upper control arms like what come with their 3in kit?
Only risk is if your Bronco doesn't have enough adjustment range. Check out the two alignment bolts on each lower arm and confirm that they are somewhere in the middle range. Some have almost no adjustment left.

Kameronatm

Badlands
First Name
Kameron
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco Badlands 4dr
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Have you found any of the kits in stock anywhere?

Sponsored

Rkgzx9leftcoast

Base
First Name
Robert
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep JL
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

This is peaking my interest. I wasnt sure if i wanted to do the ICON or Zone 3" lift, or just level for 37s .
I like the split kits , that use both the spacer and small perch collar, or spring spacer as well.

On a side note I watched the Spicer install video on youtube of their Advantek 44 front axle and CV Shafts, Man those things are Beefy. I couldnt find the price yet...but damn

Kameronatm

Badlands
First Name
Kameron
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco Badlands 4dr
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

you have to buy the UCA's separately. Took me forever to find them but found them and the 2in kit at 2 different sides of the country and they are in route to my door...

Sponsored

Rkgzx9leftcoast

Base
First Name
Robert
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep JL
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

If you watch the Spicer front axle install video, they just posted to YouTube, for the advantek 44 axle upgrade, he specifically mentions the bronco and ranger axles are different. I believe he said 2 mounts are the same the 3rd is different....not sure how different.

OP
OP
Lurker B6G

Lurker B6G

Outer Banks
First Name
Murph
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Explorer Timberline
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
This kit [ZONF1221] has been purchased and measured by a member (not me - but I have pictures).

Front Spacer - Tilted spacer measuring 7/8" on the thin side and 1 1/8" on the thick side (1.00" spacer lift).
Front Perch - 1/2" overall piece, but the shock shoulder sits up in the bottom about 1/8", so it is basically a 3/8" spring pre-load.
Bump stop - 1/2" plastic bump stop to restrict over-compression of the spring due to pre-load.
Rear Spacer - 1.30 inch spacer.

Net result should be:
Front = (1.00 + 0.38) x 1.5 = 2.1 inches
Rear = 1.30 inches
Level effect = 2.1 - 1.3 = 0.8 inches (front up)

I will add one or two of the RC 3/16" spacers to the rear to dial in a little more rake (the two doors don't always seem to have as much rake as the four doors).

This looks just right to me, and about all the Badlands/Sasquatch suspensions can give without going exotic (diff drop, portals, etc.). Of course bigger perch collars can be used, and are used in kits like the Zone 3 inch and RPG 2.25 inch, but for reasons explained in other posts, bigger perches fight against the Bilstein ESCV system in a way which is counterproductive to the intention and investment.

And as always, it's better to put in new coilovers (bla, bla, bla...).
Sponsored