First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Ford Bronco OBX
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Zippy. Waiting for those incompetents @fordmotorcompany to ship my Dirf Mountain special to me.

Sven

Badlands
First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
67 Bronco,75 F250 CS,88 M35a2c,
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Played in the new snow. 6 more inches this morning!

thumbnail_IMG_1947.jpg

Sponsored

BroncoKong Jr.

Badlands
First Name
Andrew
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ford Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Installed a Pikepass and patiently waiting for CJ Pony to call me back about the Cargo Enclosure that got beat up and bent up in shipping. I had big plans for that thing today (and still do once I get a straight lid for it).
That's how mine showed up too. I said screw it and ordered Diabolical Slipstream when it was on sale. Worked on it today until I started running out of light. Almost done. Pretty fun install.

shawn6107

Badlands
First Name
Shawn
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford F250, Ford Expedition Max, Chevy Silverado
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

That's how mine showed up too. I said screw it and ordered Diabolical Slipstream when it was on sale. Worked on it today until I started running out of light. Almost done. Pretty fun install.
I had no idea that even existed. It looks awesome but it’s twice the price and if you want the molle panels (which I do) it’s another $300. CJ Pony never called me back but I’m going to give them a chance to fix this one first. I am definitely envious of some of those features though. The fold down panel in the front is genius.

Sponsored

ard

First Edition
First Name
Amanda
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco First Edition
Your Bronco Model
First Edition
I ordered them with the opinion they'd stand behind their product. Everything has quality issues nowadays. They did arrive with a small chip on the underside of one bar. I accepted that and put a small amount of black touch-up paint on it.

We do like them, although they are more function over appearance. I would have rather one of their other series, but my family needed the drop-down. I'm 6' and step over them. They make it harder for me to get in if I use them.

They are perfectly aligned with the tires and fenders of our Black Diamond. They are doing a reliable job of helping with rocks and door dings. I haven't looked at their sides to see if I see any evidence of people banging against them.

We did follow the guidance of others in their installs and didn't pay too much attention to the instructions. We put the mounting brackets into the rails first, then bolted the whole thing to the Bronco. It was pretty straightforward.
Thank you! I need them from my children to get into the backseat (I have a 2 door), and wanted something with a more aggressive look and no large logo. Hopefully they’ll be here in about 3 weeks!

Designkid

Badlands
First Name
Kris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco Badlands
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Finally was able to wrap up my compressor install. The elbow airline fitting finally arrived today that was needed with the cramped compartment. You'll see in the later photos.
Ran the wiring up under and through the hole I made to run the fresh air tube from earlier. Wrapped the wiring in electrical and cloth tape for protection from abrasion.

Ford Bronco What did you do TO / WITH your Bronco today? πŸ‘¨πŸ»β€πŸ”§πŸ§°πŸšΏπŸ›  img_2114-

Ford Bronco What did you do TO / WITH your Bronco today? πŸ‘¨πŸ»β€πŸ”§πŸ§°πŸšΏπŸ›  img_2111-

Then ran the ground wires up and tied into an existing ground near were the roll bar runs down to the side panels. Then ran the power wires along the wheel well. Tied the trigger wire with the prerun aux wire and carried the main power wire along the door sills. Pretty easy to run with removal of the covers. Then across the bottom of the dash and out through the grommet for the missing clutch pedal.

Ford Bronco What did you do TO / WITH your Bronco today? πŸ‘¨πŸ»β€πŸ”§πŸ§°πŸšΏπŸ›  img_2112-

Now its all plumbed up and works flawlessly. Did a test fill on the tires and it works great. Pretty quiet actually as well with it buried in the compartment under the floor and my steel cargo drawer.

Ford Bronco What did you do TO / WITH your Bronco today? πŸ‘¨πŸ»β€πŸ”§πŸ§°πŸšΏπŸ›  img_2139-

Ford Bronco What did you do TO / WITH your Bronco today? πŸ‘¨πŸ»β€πŸ”§πŸ§°πŸšΏπŸ›  img_2141-

Now to get out there to put it to use!

Edit: I've updated the fresh air intake line. I didn't like that it was right up against the compressor head/piston that gets real hot when in heavy use. So a moved it to come into the compartment from the other side. Shouldn't have any issues with melting now
Old:
Ford Bronco What did you do TO / WITH your Bronco today? πŸ‘¨πŸ»β€πŸ”§πŸ§°πŸšΏπŸ›  IMG_2139_EDTI

New:
Ford Bronco What did you do TO / WITH your Bronco today? πŸ‘¨πŸ»β€πŸ”§πŸ§°πŸšΏπŸ›  IMG_2614

Ford Bronco What did you do TO / WITH your Bronco today? πŸ‘¨πŸ»β€πŸ”§πŸ§°πŸšΏπŸ›  IMG_2616

Last edited:

Kimberley

Black Diamond
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Black Diamond
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

Yesterday and today added Gearshade Bimini top, SMS exposed racks with kayak holders, Mabett backseat protectors then plastidip the Bronco emblem. Yesterday went on a mini adventure down a mini trail and today stopped by lake down the road.
Going to be gorgeous all week so the top is staying down for the week :love:
Ford Bronco What did you do TO / WITH your Bronco today? πŸ‘¨πŸ»β€πŸ”§πŸ§°πŸšΏπŸ›  1652126758892
Ford Bronco What did you do TO / WITH your Bronco today? πŸ‘¨πŸ»β€πŸ”§πŸ§°πŸšΏπŸ›  1652126776438
Ford Bronco What did you do TO / WITH your Bronco today? πŸ‘¨πŸ»β€πŸ”§πŸ§°πŸšΏπŸ›  1652126813968
Ford Bronco What did you do TO / WITH your Bronco today? πŸ‘¨πŸ»β€πŸ”§πŸ§°πŸšΏπŸ›  1652126851949
Ford Bronco What did you do TO / WITH your Bronco today? πŸ‘¨πŸ»β€πŸ”§πŸ§°πŸšΏπŸ›  1652126860848
Ford Bronco What did you do TO / WITH your Bronco today? πŸ‘¨πŸ»β€πŸ”§πŸ§°πŸšΏπŸ›  1652126869830