Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
ML 350
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Hi,

Is anybody experiencing CarPlay screen freezing and unresponsive after 30-40mins of driving? My car is only a week old and recently when I went for a long drive, CarPlay screen became unresponsive after around 40mins of driving. I'm able to use other screen selections like, like Sync navigation, radio, settings... but only the CarPlay screen is frozen. The same situation happened again when I was driving back from the same trip. I'm using Apple CarPlay and have connected my Iphone 13 to CarPlay through bluetooth.

I saw this similar issue posted in a different Ford forum,
https://www.fordownersclub.com/forums/topic/108776-apple-carplay-freezing/
Sponsored

AcenTitus

Badlands
First Name
Peter
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Hi,

Is anybody experiencing CarPlay screen freezing and unresponsive after 30-40mins of driving? My car is only a week old and recently when I went for a long drive, CarPlay screen became unresponsive after around 40mins of driving. I'm able to use other screen selections like, like Sync navigation, radio, settings... but only the CarPlay screen is frozen. The same situation happened again when I was driving back from the same trip. I'm using Apple CarPlay and have connected my Iphone 13 to CarPlay through bluetooth.

I saw this similar issue posted in a different Ford forum,
https://www.fordownersclub.com/forums/topic/108776-apple-carplay-freezing/
Mine has been randomly shutting off recently too. Typically I can fix it with a screen reset (hold down power button and forward skip until the screen power cycles)

OP
OP
Shronco

Shronco

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
ML 350
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I don't know if I should be doing a complete screen reset, because I can use other selections of the screen, only the CarPlay portion is unresponsive.

It's quite annoying, especially during trips and when you using maps through CarPlay, I notice the map is frozen after sometime and cannot change anything in the Carplay screen.

Wannabe Techie

Big Bend
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ford Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
Clubs

Yes, mine has been really buggy. My Waze app won’t work 50% of the time and music through Amazon music is really buggy. It tales 30 seconds to 1 minUte to sync after I turn on the car too.

TantoIndian

First Edition
First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ford bronco , 2,7
Your Bronco Model
First Edition
Mine has freezed a few times. I use android auto. Had to reset it twice during two different occasions.

As a informational, when you do reset your media in the settings, your Ford Pass will reset as well.......but you can always reactivate it.

Sponsored

Fuzion2Bronco

Base
First Name
Asher
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Base Sasquatch
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

Its the same with Android Auto.

toolfan26

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
nissan, hyundai
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
wireless carplay uses wifi, not bluetooth.

Hemisfear

Badlands
First Name
Bronco Bob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2014 Focus ST
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I have no issues using a iPhone XR?

cpsocal

Outer Banks
First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Were you using the wireless charging pad? Using the wireless charging gets really hot. Wireless charging plus direct sunlight and my phone overheats and freezes CarPlay. I stopped using wireless charging for the most part because of this except on really short drives.

Also, CarPlay is pretty wonky no matter the car maker. I've had random issues with several different vehicle makes and models. Apple always says it's a manufacturer problem. Manufacturers say 🤷‍♂️

thesocalexplorer

Big Bend
First Name
Joe
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
Clubs

Was having major issues with wireless carplay - crashing, screen going black and restarting, excessive buffering of music under 5mph. Changed settings to wired carplay last month, and all issues are gone. Wired carplay works like a charm.

Sponsored
OP
OP
Shronco

Shronco

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
ML 350
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Yes, mine has been really buggy. My Waze app won’t work 50% of the time and music through Amazon music is really buggy. It tales 30 seconds to 1 minUte to sync after I turn on the car too.
Looks like a lot of issue when connected wirelessly, I had issue both times while using Waze

OP
OP
Shronco

Shronco

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
ML 350
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

wireless carplay uses wifi, not bluetooth.
The phone connection to the car is wirelessly connected via bluetooth and after that all functionality is handled through Wifi/Phone network.

OP
OP
Shronco

Shronco

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
ML 350
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Were you using the wireless charging pad? Using the wireless charging gets really hot. Wireless charging plus direct sunlight and my phone overheats and freezes CarPlay. I stopped using wireless charging for the most part because of this except on really short drives.

Also, CarPlay is pretty wonky no matter the car maker. I've had random issues with several different vehicle makes and models. Apple always says it's a manufacturer problem. Manufacturers say 🤷‍♂️
No, I'm not using the charging pad

OP
OP
Shronco

Shronco

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
ML 350
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Was having major issues with wireless carplay - crashing, screen going black and restarting, excessive buffering of music under 5mph. Changed settings to wired carplay last month, and all issues are gone. Wired carplay works like a charm.
Thanks, I'm going to try connecting through wired carplay and see if the issue still persists.

Contact

Big Bend
First Name
Randy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco Big Bend. FJ Cruiser
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
Clubs

Mine has done this once since acquiring my Bronco in October. Actually it was yesterday when I first got in the car. I just pulled over and turned off the engine and restarted. All is good now.
Sponsored