Charles
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ford Bronco Badlands 2.7 Sasquatch
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Ok. So has anyone figured if the Raptor 4500 pound tow ratings just due to its bumper and extra support brackets. Or is that rating tied in with more like axle and whatever.
Based on the interviews with Ford engineers from youtubers, the main difference for the added capability is the hitch supports which I would like to add.
Sponsored

Datoad

Badlands
First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
06 Jeep LJ Rubicon, 17 Mustang
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Black diamond 2.3l with the 7 spd. Pulls our 2007 Scamp 13 with ease.

13832D62-DA06-432A-93F7-9D9F37B4D01E.jpeg
I used to pull a 13’ Scamp with a VW Rabbit . Traveled with wife and two small kids. The Rabbit handled the little trailer so well I would think it would be a piece of cake behind a Bronco.

Sponsored

Bradley Thornton

Badlands
First Name
Bradley
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
18 Sequoia TRD sport, 2021 Badlands Sas, 93 Cobra
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Pulled the SXS to Windrock TN 550 miles Hit Windrock in the Bronco then after 2 days of riding drove 30 miles to Pioneer TN and rode the SXS then drove 580 miles home. 1,800lb SXS + 300lb in extras 1300lb Trailer. Personally I felt at its limits at 75mph. But it has a ton of drag.
Ford Bronco Broncos Pulling Trailers Pics - Add Yours IMG_9771

Me pushing it at Windrock its so cool to think it took that beating then used it to haul around my SXS.
Ford Bronco Broncos Pulling Trailers Pics - Add Yours 222E0447-9657-4B82-A9EE-9FBD978FF453

Boat is 3600lb + 400lb in extras but way less drag then the SXS. It pulls no problem. It has brakes.
Ford Bronco Broncos Pulling Trailers Pics - Add Yours IMG_9805

SigSauer226

Badlands
First Name
James
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1965 Ford Mustang Fastback, 2011 Ford Mustang G
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

LOVE THIS .... what's the weight capacity? does it have brakes? what else will you add to it?
The military spec is 500 lbs. It's considered a 1/4 ton trailer. However, from what I can gather that is a conservative spec AND it's the floatation/off road spec. The tub of the trailer is solid (mine isn't, previous owner cut a tailgate into it) and it's designed to float like a boat over deep water crossings. So 500 lbs it will float. On road the consensus is 750 lbs. However most people on the forums state they have creeped up near 1000 lbs without any problems. The civilian version of the Bantam was not really changed much and I believe that's a 1/2 ton rating so. I had it loaded with camping gear, a 15 foot kayak and a 17 foot canoe with no problems. Don't know what the weight was but I'll never go over that.

Sponsored

ne2000

Badlands
First Name
Nathan
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.instagram.com
Vehicle(s)
Bronco, Mustang GT
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

2020 Tiny Camper Co Kong, 2000lbs
Ford Bronco Broncos Pulling Trailers Pics - Add Yours 20220403_163717

A907Chick

Wildtrak
First Name
Kelly
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'21 Ford Bronco Wildtrax Area 51
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

I have towed our jet skis and our side by side. I towed the Ranger this past weekend through mountain ranges and it towed great! A lot of hill climbing and descending. I am thoroughly impressed with the hill decent control feature going down the hills.

The spare tire has added some complications for sure. I have to open the back door before I can attach the trailer on the hitch on the jet ski trailer. Then last time I did it, the door opened to far and hit the crank and scratched the door.

The spare tire on the trailer tongue for the Ranger was in the way so I couldn't open the door to hook up the trailer. I had to remove the spare on the trailer to get it on the hitch. I suppose a drop ball hitch may help with some of these issues.

20220619_141319.jpg

Screenshot_20220621-223628_Gallery.jpg

Mickey21

Wildtrak
First Name
Mickey
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ford Bronco Wildtrak (Race Red)
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

Ford Bronco Broncos Pulling Trailers Pics - Add Yours IMG20220502080502

My Wildtrak and custom trailer I made out of the back half of a Holden Cross8 Australian Ute. Custom painted (except for the red Ute tray), it was already GM "Red Hot" and is a perfect match to the Ford "Race Red" color on our Broncos. Made the top cover myself out of aluminum diamond plate, engineered to hold the weight of 1000 pounds. Also custom built the front storage area to match. I was aiming for as close to what Holden may have ever released themselves and factory look. Even put in an actual exhaust system to plumb into the gas generator functionally. Spare tire under the trailer (fully size). 4 inch drop hitch works great and can open door normally. Would be getting matching 35 inch wheels and tires for the build. Used for overlanding/camping. Love it and everyone thinks I built it to match the Bronco, but was just luck. I used to tow this behind my 2006 Pontiac GTO for camping at drag race events seen below.

Ford Bronco Broncos Pulling Trailers Pics - Add Yours IMG20220502080435

Ford Bronco Broncos Pulling Trailers Pics - Add Yours IMG_20180729_092347

OP
OP
NC_Pinz

NC_Pinz

Outer Banks
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Ford Bronco OBX w/ Squatch, 1975 Ford Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

The military spec is 500 lbs. It's considered a 1/4 ton trailer. However, from what I can gather that is a conservative spec AND it's the floatation/off road spec. The tub of the trailer is solid (mine isn't, previous owner cut a tailgate into it) and it's designed to float like a boat over deep water crossings. So 500 lbs it will float. On road the consensus is 750 lbs. However most people on the forums state they have creeped up near 1000 lbs without any problems. The civilian version of the Bantam was not really changed much and I believe that's a 1/2 ton rating so. I had it loaded with camping gear, a 15 foot kayak and a 17 foot canoe with no problems. Don't know what the weight was but I'll never go over that.
Agree with all of the above. I've had my M416 loaded with gravel and with larger stone almost until the tires are touching the fenders several times. They are extremely over built. Double wrapped leaf springs with solid metal bushings. The bearings are similar to what are used on Dana 30 front axles.
Sponsored