Sponsored

Sharp turn makes my blinker go to the other direction. Anyone else?

BlueOvalBandit

Badlands
First Name
Kenneth
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Tacoma
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
It's happens to me occasionally when making full lock turns. I thought I was crazy the first couple times and then I started paying attention after this thread. Definitely not bumping the stalk. Also noticed if you do bump the stalk a little but not enough to go into the detent, it will still activate the turn signal.
Sponsored

DaveInSA

Badlands
First Name
David
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco Badlands 4DR, 2007 Saturn Sky
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Welp... I guess I can when I take my Bronco back, again, for them to fix the chipped paint and ripped weatherstripping from the door I can mention it. Maybe they'll at least document it?
@Ford Motor Company needs a feedback line that doesn't have to go through taking the vehicle to a dealer service department.

Havoc1

Black Diamond
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
07 F250, 20 Accord Sport, 21 HD
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

Clockspring?

AK007

Wildtrak
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Awaiting my Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

Maybe after Ford hears enough about it they can fix with a software update?

Ford Motor Company

First Edition
Official Ford Account
First Name
Ford
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco, Bronco Sport
Your Bronco Model
First Edition
It's an interesting issue to search for so I missed this thread and started a new one.

But yup, happens to me too. I thought I was just hitting the stalk at first, but nope. I can reproduce it pretty regularly at a turn I make near my home.

I figure it's a combination of mass of the single stalk and gravity making it go past the center detent just enough. And there's a bump where I can reproduce it, so the truck rocks to the left at exactly the same time putting more force behind the stalk moving down.
Good afternoon! I'd like to see what I can do to assist with your Bronco's signal concerns. To get started, could you please send over a private message with your VIN and the name/location of your local Ford dealer?

Sponsored

Tunagates

Banned
First Edition
Banned
Banned
First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford
Your Bronco Model
First Edition
Clubs

It's happened maybe 6 times. 3 times the same place.

I'll be signaling right and stopped. When I go to turn I have to turn sharp because of the curb, a skinny lane, and other cars. As I straighten out, the blinker turns on blinking to the left.

If I remember and plan ahead, it's fine. But I don't always remember or I need to pull out faster because of traffic.

Anyone else experience this? If so then I'll live with it, but if not I guess I'll have to ask the dealer to look at it. It's a bit annoying.
THIS HAS BEEN HAPPENING TO ME TOO!!! Thought i was going crazy man... i just did a quick search before i made my own post... happens a lot to me, but ALWAYS when turning right when turning up this same steep hill...

flip

Badlands
Base Sponsor (Level 1)
First Name
Phil
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.ruxerparts.com
Vehicle(s)
Fords
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I'm able to replicate this on a regular basis and believe it's either a spring or detent problem in the turn signal switch itself. When it cancels the internal detent should keep it a the neutral position but it seems like the speed of the wheel return overcomes the detent or spring. Have not taken one apart but might try running a warranty claim on mine once they come off back order. Only shows one part number which means the new switch will probably have the rear washer function on it even for pre prep package vehicles. Interesting..... M2DZ-13K359-AA

L8apex

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.instagram.com
Vehicle(s)
'14 Focus ST, '21 Badlands
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
I have this issue as well - can recreate it consistently ~4/10 times on the same turn near my house, unfortunately that turn isn't anywhere near the dealer.

flip

Badlands
Base Sponsor (Level 1)
First Name
Phil
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.ruxerparts.com
Vehicle(s)
Fords
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I have this issue as well - can recreate it consistently ~4/10 times on the same turn near my house, unfortunately that turn isn't anywhere near the dealer.
Are you a pre or post prep package vehicle?

flip

Badlands
Base Sponsor (Level 1)
First Name
Phil
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.ruxerparts.com
Vehicle(s)
Fords
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I'm wondering if this is just isolated to vehicles that were pre prep and have an "old" style switch.

Sponsored

ctandc

Big Bend
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'22/23 Bronco, 96 EB Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
Clubs

You guys jinxed me. Happened to me. I can reproduce it, but only a pure, quick 90 degree right turn from a stop. Doesn't bother me enough to let somebody tear it apart. I'll just wait until @flip goes forward and see what's what.

Only actual Ford Dealer tech I trust is two states away. It would be amusing to show up and request the Service Manager to work on my vehicle though. He owes me - so I'm betting it would be after hours LOL.

ctandc

Big Bend
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'22/23 Bronco, 96 EB Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
Clubs

I'm wondering if this is just isolated to vehicles that were pre prep and have an "old" style switch.
'22 2Dr BB hard top of course. To be fair, I have to make a very quick and very tight turn to replicate it.

flip

Badlands
Base Sponsor (Level 1)
First Name
Phil
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.ruxerparts.com
Vehicle(s)
Fords
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

'22 2Dr BB hard top of course. To be fair, I have to make a very quick and very tight turn to replicate it.
Well that shoots that theory. I pull into my drive off the main road though town so mine is fast as well. It's like there's too much bounce or rebound when it's supposed to return to the neutral position. Based on the number of back orders, other dealers may be replacing these for a similar condition.

flip

Badlands
Base Sponsor (Level 1)
First Name
Phil
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.ruxerparts.com
Vehicle(s)
Fords
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Steering Column Multifunction Switch LH
Removal

NOTE:
Removal steps in this procedure may contain installation details.

1. Remove the steering column shrouds.
    Refer to: Steering Column Shrouds (501-05 Interior Trim and Ornamentation, Removal and Installation).
  1. NOTE: Make sure the component terminals are not bent or damaged.
    Remove the LH steering column multifunction switch.
    1. Remove the retainers
      Torque: 27 lb.in (3 Nm)
    1. Depress the locking tab and remove the LH steering column multifunction switch.
Ford Bronco {thread} {filename}
Installation

1. To install, reverse the removal procedure.

Tunagates

Banned
First Edition
Banned
Banned
First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford
Your Bronco Model
First Edition
Clubs

Hi there! Would you send us a private message with your VIN and dealership name and location? I’d like to look into this concern on my end.
This is happening to me too - for the last year. Always at the same right turn, going up a hill, sometimes even switching lanes on the highway... its a problem, thought it was just me, but its never happened to me in any other vehicle.
Sponsored