Binky
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Tacoma
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

I had nothing but disappointment out of the OEM B&O sub for any music with bass in it - constant distortion and popping. I rented another Ford vehicle for work that had B&O and it was the exact same experience recently. Sooo…. I ripped the B&O system out, had a little bit of an upgrade put in 🙂

Zen DSP12A-A2B processor to get a clean signal without the Ford/B&O processing in the way
Gladen RC150c5 5 channel amp (90x4 + 360x1 watts RMS at 4ohms)
Mosconi 6to8 channel DSP with digital controller

Kick panel speakers Focal PS 165 FXE Flax cone 6.5” Components with tweeters in dash location, custom speaker grills with active orange accent ring

Rear pods replaced with larger pods that accept 6.5” coaxial, Focal PC 165F Flax 6.5” coax in that location

Custom full depth sub enclosure with Bronco badge, 10” Focal P25F Evo Flax cone sub - added Hammerbuilt tailgate brace

Custom window in OEM sub grill location with Ford Bronco etch

Sounds absolutely killer. Exactly what I was hoping to get out of this build. Installed at Absolutely Creative Customs in Boulder, CO
how about a few pictures on the wire routing? especially to the set up in the back .... the speaker pods and the sub?

Headless Horseman

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Badlands
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
My wife's Mach E has the B&O and it sounds amazing...never any cracking or anything...and we crank it pretty darn high. I haven't heard the Bronco's yet, but I'd be surprised if there was a lot of issues....if so, drop in some dynamat. B&O is high end and there shouldn't be a need to replace an entire system. It was developed by sound engineers for the vehicle...I tend to think that upgraded stereo units OEM are pretty good in modern vehicles.

If I'm dropping several thousand on the Bronco, it's going to go for ride parts. Don't get me wrong, I love good audio...however, I'm thinking (no offense intended) this is a solution for a problem that does not exist for most...

Sponsored

Wolfeman

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 F150 Raptor
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

My wife's Mach E has the B&O and it sounds amazing...never any cracking or anything...and we crank it pretty darn high. I haven't heard the Bronco's yet, but I'd be surprised if there was a lot of issues....if so, drop in some dynamat. B&O is high end and there shouldn't be a need to replace an entire system. It was developed by sound engineers for the vehicle...I tend to think that upgraded stereo units OEM are pretty good in modern vehicles.

If I'm dropping several thousand on the Bronco, it's going to go for ride parts. Don't get me wrong, I love good audio...however, I'm thinking (no offense intended) this is a solution for a problem that does not exist for most...
I have the B&O and the sound is adequate. Much better than the one that I drove without. I do have some rattles on certain songs with music in a certain frequency range (bass notes). I'm sure it would benefit greatly from some sound dampening but I really don't want to take the panels off in the cargo area to install the dampening.

Panzer948

Badlands
First Name
Bryan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1981 CJ5, 2015 BMW M4, 2019 Jeep G.C. Trailhawk
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Nice, how do you like the Mach E? I was thinking of getting one soon to offset my lousy Bronco mileage ;) Seriously, I already have an older EV (Chevy Volt) and I know the tech works. I really like how the Mach E is strong competitor to the Tesla Y. They needed one and I think it delivers.

Maybe I can shed some light on the B&O for you as I have had mine since November. I didn't believe all the "B&O naysayers" either and still didnt after I first got my build. My factory B&O, although not the best factory system I have had, was good enough for me and I was happy with it, especially over the other factory alternative. Well that is until it warmed up and I started to take my top off and God forbid the doors. Fine at slow speeds but try enjoying the tunes on a freeway and you will see what I mean. Your Mach E might struggle with adequate sound too if you take its top/doors off ;) I replaced all my speakers but the subwoofer, and I can barely hear them at speed. What I do hear is likely very distorted (that is also heard to detect at 70mph) so will likely damage them if I do that to much. Thus, those sound engineers did not test it with top down or they would have factored that in. I have an old school Jeep CJ5 that I leave the top off and its old school audio upgrades kill the Bronco. So it can be done.

But... if you never take your top/doors off, then yeah, you probably will feel the B&O is adequate. Let me know what you think when you get yours.

Mr. Green

Wildtrak
First Name
J
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
22’ 2-door Wildtrack
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

Love everything about this, but need to think of an alternative for the Sub. I wish the JBL Nano's could fit under the front seats. It would be insane with two of those and upgrade speakers all around.

Need to keep my tailgate free of subs or taking up much space.

BenderSquatch

Big Bend
First Name
Suge
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Focus
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
I had nothing but disappointment out of the OEM B&O sub for any music with bass in it - constant distortion and popping. I rented another Ford vehicle for work that had B&O and it was the exact same experience recently. Sooo…. I ripped the B&O system out, had a little bit of an upgrade put in 🙂

Zen DSP12A-A2B processor to get a clean signal without the Ford/B&O processing in the way

Kick panel speakers Focal PS 165 FXE Flax cone 6.5” Components with tweeters in dash location, custom speaker grills with active orange accent ring

Rear pods replaced with larger pods that accept 6.5” coaxial, Focal PC 165F Flax 6.5” coax in that location

Custom full depth sub enclosure with Bronco badge, 10” Focal P25F Evo Flax cone sub - added Hammerbuilt tailgate brace

Sounds absolutely killer. Exactly what I was hoping to get out of this build. Installed at Absolutely Creative Customs in Boulder, CO

Ford Bronco Full B&O System rip and replace audio build in 2 Door Badlands 1657748459725

Ford Bronco Full B&O System rip and replace audio build in 2 Door Badlands 1657748459725

It's all about that bass! 😂

Sponsored

Murph914

Badlands
First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2008 F-350 reg cab srw v10 manual
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

The bo is a piece of crap in the bronco. It sounds like three license plates rattling around inside the rear fender. It does sound better with the roof off which is kinda odd. Guess the sub has issues pressurizing the cabin.

Zero_chance

Badlands
First Name
JD
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.southvalleymustang.com
Vehicle(s)
17 Mustang
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Based on your final build it seems kinda silly that you thought you might be happy with a factory optioned radio designed for the masses and not an audiophile.

FATHORSE

Big Bend
First Name
Stephen
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
nissan
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
Clubs

BadAss!

EquusBronsis

Outer Banks
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Porsche Macan GTS
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Nice, how do you like the Mach E? I was thinking of getting one soon to offset my lousy Bronco mileage ;) Seriously, I already have an older EV (Chevy Volt) and I know the tech works. I really like how the Mach E is strong competitor to the Tesla Y. They needed one and I think it delivers.

Maybe I can shed some light on the B&O for you as I have had mine since November. I didn't believe all the "B&O naysayers" either and still didnt after I first got my build. My factory B&O, although not the best factory system I have had, was good enough for me and I was happy with it, especially over the other factory alternative. Well that is until it warmed up and I started to take my top off and God forbid the doors. Fine at slow speeds but try enjoying the tunes on a freeway and you will see what I mean. Your Mach E might struggle with adequate sound too if you take its top/doors off ;) I replaced all my speakers but the subwoofer, and I can barely hear them at speed. What I do hear is likely very distorted (that is also heard to detect at 70mph) so will likely damage them if I do that to much. Thus, those sound engineers did not test it with top down or they would have factored that in. I have an old school Jeep CJ5 that I leave the top off and its old school audio upgrades kill the Bronco. So it can be done.

But... if you never take your top/doors off, then yeah, you probably will feel the B&O is adequate. Let me know what you think when you get yours.
jeez, this is like listening to my home system, that has taken years to put together, cost a lot more than my Bronco, with the windows open in a hurricane and say it sounds like crap.

High non distorted volume is not always the judge of sound quality of a system.

Slick85

Big Bend
First Name
Richard
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
Clubs

I haven't heard the B/O system but usually dollar for dollar aftermarket systems done right are way better than a factory upgrade. I want to upgrade mine but I'm just wondering if it's really necessary to put a lot of cash into upgrading the rear pods/speakers... most people seem to think it's better to just put that money towards the front components.
Sponsored