First Name
Jay
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Traverse
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
I'm a 7-20-2020 reservation holder. Order a Base/Squatch/2.7/Hardtop. After two years of checking in w/ dealer & Ford & back door link daily, no movement. After recently seeing many many Broncos driving the streets around me locally. I had enough & went back to my dealer. I specifically said what are the current constraints. He pulled up an email he received from Ford a few days prior & the ONLY restraint listed was the hard top, nothing else. I was hell bent on a never switching to soft but said fu#k it because I'm tired of waiting & need a vehicle. Two weeks later I got a vin & build date.
Sponsored

Blackcat

Base
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 FORD BRONCO BASE 2 DOOR M/T
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

Everyone (that has checked) in my dealer group is Unscheduled-Clean. Wondering if the terminology really makes a difference.
From what I understand, ā€˜unscheduled/cleanā€™ means that the last time they did scheduling, all parts for your Bronco were available, but you didnā€™t get scheduled.

DaveR5658

Badlands
First Name
David
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
F-150
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
The hard top restriction is for the 4-door since the 2-door can only come with it.

I'm surprised that the tow package is not on the list.
It is and for another poster, the M/T is on it too.

RimrockPaul

Base
First Name
Paul
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ford F250
Your Bronco Model
Base
3 of 8! looking good!
So my base. No options 2.3 stick
Reservation 9/6 /20 . Reordered a 2022. Color issu.e
WTF is going on?
I'm having whiskey on my cornflakes fretting about this.
I've bought 6 new ford vehicles since 1990.
They are treating me like crap.
Any ideas on who I can complain to?
Paul in Rimrock AZ

Chippewa-Pin

Badlands
First Name
Rob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Santa Fe, Tucson, Z4, T/A
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
WTF is going on?
Paul in Rimrock AZ
Wow. Hard to believe you're still not scheduled based on what you ordered.

Sponsored

M4Madness

Base
First Name
David
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
F-150 FX4
Your Bronco Model
Base
WTF is going on?
Paul in Rimrock AZ
Sounds like your dealer doesn't have enough allocations, or they have you down as a 99 priority.

OP
OP
patientB

patientB

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Jeep Wrangler Rubicon Unlimited
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
It is and for another poster, the M/T is on it too.

OP here. When I called yesterday and got the litany of constraints, I specifically asked if the 7MT was a current constraint, and was told, "No, the manual is not a constraint at this time."

mjsmitty69

Banned
Wildtrak
Banned
Banned
First Name
Michael
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Ford Bronco Wildtrak with 3.0 hoss
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Are you serious Clark? I have 7 of 8 here.

Ohnoohnoooo

Outer Banks
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
BMW z3, Nisan rogue, joint-custody of Jeep YJ
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

Constraints:
Broncos

John Auer

Outer Banks
First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Lincoln Nautilus, Ford Expedition
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

I believe the only orders ā€œunscheduled-balanced outā€ are 21MY orders. Once itā€™s determined that our 22MY orders wonā€™t be filled, weā€™ll go from ā€œunscheduled-cleanā€ to ā€œunscheduled-balanced outā€ until we order a 23MY. Just my interpretation, I donā€™t have any inside information.

Sponsored

HotRod76

Badlands
First Name
Ryan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2006 Mustang GT
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
3 of 8, not bad here. However, how is the modular bumper a constraint? Isn't it just a large piece of metal :ROFLMAO:, or is there more to it?

InvisibleLink

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Ford F150 4x4 Supercrew, 2009 Lancer GTS
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Hi. I've been watching bronco6g since may 2020 but this is my first post. I am a July 21, 2020 order holder. I have a 2 door badlands model with all the listed constraints added to my order. It has been scheduled for an August 15, 2022 build date. I ordered with a very small local dealer and was supposed to be one of the first ten to receive my bronco from my dealer. I know there doesn't seem to be any rhyme or reason to the scheduling of Bronco builds but I just wanted to perhaps give some people on here a little hope that maybe they will get to see there Bronco this year, even if they did like me and ordered one with all the contraints listed at this time.

RSHart

Badlands
First Name
Richard
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 F250, 2013 FJ Cruiser, 2021 4Runner TRD Pro
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
As a day two (July 14, 2020) reservation holder and early (January 2021, re-ordered October 2021) order holder, I wanted to check on the status of my order, particularly whether it was "unscheduled clean" or "unscheduled balanced"

"Clean" means there is nothing preventing the order from being scheduled, ASSUMING the parts are expected to be on hand in that particular week. "Balanced" means the order will be pushed to the next model year.

I called, and told the rep, "I'm checking on the status of my Bronco order, and I have the Sales Code and Preview Order Number. I'd like to know if the current status is 'unscheduled clean' or 'unscheduled balanced'." I said nothing else, no emotion, no small talk, just let him do his job.

(NOTE: The Sales Code and Preview Order Number are on the Build Sheet you should have from your dealer. Providing this info rather than the Reservation Number seemed to convince him I was an informed customer, rather than a starry-eyed newbie. Whatever the reason, this call was blessedly devoid of marketing chit-chat.)

He quickly got back to me to report my status was "Unscheduled Clean." He confirmed that my original 1/21 order converted to "Unscheduled Balanced" once it was moved to a 2022 model.

I then asked about current constraints, and he confirmed the following, all considered Constraints as of today, July 12, 2022:

WILDTRAK
BADLANDS
2-door
Hardtop
2.7 motor
Sasquatch Package
Lux Package
Modular Bumper
Tow Package

I then specifically enquired about the 7MT transmission, and he confirmed that is *not* a constraint.

I hope this is helpful to others!
Im six out of nine but at least unscheduled clean. I feel a little better.

AZ_Liberty

Base
First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2007 Expedition
Your Bronco Model
Base
But they are suppose to be up speed now with HT production, or close to it, and with all of the people who switched to soft tops to get built sooner, should that still be a major constraint on a 2 door with less than 20% overall take rate?
1 - they have never been "up to speed" on hard tops, because Ford never spent the capitol to buy more tooling. At full production, they can only make about 70-80% of the required hard tops.

2 - not that many people switched to soft tops, it was only around 8,000 or so, and most of those are built, which means the hard top squeeze is even worse now. Initial take rate was 14% or so, and after "everyone switched" it was... 18%.

3 - Take rate on the 2-door was something like 28% for MY21 I'm sure it will go down to 10-12% once all the first year reservations are built, but the backlog is still high.

4 - While Ford won't admit it, it is probable that the yield on the 2-door clamshell is worse than the 4-door, since it is larger.

5 - 2-door Top and 4-door probably use different sets of tooling, so 2-door tops are likely more constrained than 4-door tops.

And yeah, a lot of the 2-doors were ordered as Manuals, and those were constrained, so the backlog of building 2-doors got worse and worse as vehicles got built.

Zero_chance

Badlands
First Name
JD
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.southvalleymustang.com
Vehicle(s)
17 Mustang
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Sadly, I hit on three of the constraints with my order (Badlands, 2-door, Hardtop). At least I missed the other four, I'm curious why a 2-door would be a constraint. The other two require specific parts. The seats have to slide forward on a 2-door, and it is a different back seat. Not sure what else would be causing it.
Probably because theyā€™re focusing on the more popular and profitable 4 door. Self induced constraint?
Sponsored