Rick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Honda Accord and Civic
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I was under the impression that orders had to be locked in earlier this year - around the time that they closed ordering for MY22. Meaning, nobody can change orders until the order banks open again OR we are forced to convert to a MY23 order, whichever comes first.
I think the orders just had to be made. Sounds like they can still be modified up to the date I was told. Someone else may know more than me though.
Sponsored

wanna1

Badlands
First Name
Andrew
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2013 Ford F150 Platinum 4x4 2022 Mach E
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
I have 7 out of the 9 - missing only Wildtrak and 2 door). I placed my order 1/21 when the order banks opened.
Knowing that this problem has been ongoing since building began, I placed a 2nd order on the last day Ford was accepting orders for the 2022 Bronco (3/7, I think). It was for a VB Black Diamond, 2.3, auto, soft-top, MID package, keypad - nothing else. That one was built 5/31 and I picked it up at the dealer 7/11.
IMHO - The constraints are the real thing keeping us from getting our Broncos. I am #1 at my dealer with a priority 10 and I still haven't heard a word about my early order with 7/9 of the constraints in the OP.

Arrowbear Rider

Base
First Name
Marcus
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco, Triumph Thunderbird Commander 1700
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

I was under the impression that orders had to be locked in earlier this year - around the time that they closed ordering for MY22. Meaning, nobody can change orders until the order banks open again OR we are forced to convert to a MY23 order, whichever comes first.
I started out with a base 2 door, 7 speed with aux switches and I've changed my order 3 times since the banks closed. Based on dealer allocation and make up of orders, if I left it this way I may have a build date by now or one would have been coming up soon since a majority of their orders ahead me are loaded builds.

The first time I changed I added SAS & the roof rack, adding more time to my build, but I decided I wanted lockers and the axles upgrade/gearing. The second time I changed color and added the mod bumper and bash plating, probably adding more time until my build. And now due to unexpected time off of work for shoulder surgeries, I changed colors again and deleted the roof rack for a $960 savings to make up for some of the lost wages while out recovering.

So, I've changed my order three (stayed base model) times since the order banks closed. I hope I get a my22 build, but due to the shoulder surgeries, I'm OK with waiting 3 or 4 months more to get my manual, by then my right shoulder should be well on it's way to recovery.

Pressurized

Outer Banks
First Name
Rod
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Gen 6 Bronco - Jeep JKU - Wrangler LJ (sold)
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Thanks for the info. Sounds like we're being fed similar stories. I only ordered in February and was told around 600 orders in their system at that time. When I checked in with them a couple months ago they said 180 allocations for this year and I would get a 2023. I'm towards the back of the line for sure, plus my constraints, so doing the math who knows when I'll get mine.
My reservation was June 2021 and ordered October 2021... So I'm earlier than some and behind quite a few still.

"Who knows when" is the proper perspective to carry right now on a Bronco order with a decent number of constraints...

Sponsored
OP
OP
patientB

patientB

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Jeep Wrangler Rubicon Unlimited
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
2 door isn't really a constraint though is it? They said from the start 2 doors would only account for 20% of the builds. if 17% built are 2-doors then it's about on target?
Hardtop

LSBronco13

Wildtrak
First Name
Lee
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Chevy Tahoe
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
I don't see how any 7/13-7/20 reservations still aren't built unless your dealer had/has almost zero allocations. My dealer didn't get any of their FE built even, and yet my 2D Badlands, 2.7l with Sasq got built in March. My hats off to you folks hanging on and still playing the game. I have to say at this point, I'd keep playing the game just to see how long it takes to get lol.
I am a July 18th reservation holder and waiting (patiently) for my WT MIC LUX MOD Bumper Tow Pac. I talked to a retired FORD engineer while on vacation and he stated I should not be waiting two years for a Bronco.

phocion

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2010 Mustang
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

2 door isn't really a constraint though is it? They said from the start 2 doors would only account for 20% of the builds. if 17% built are 2-doors then it's about on target?
The reservations ended up being more like 30% 2-door. And after a year of production heavily skewed toward four-door soft tops, the remaining 2-door mix is likely much higher than 30%.

Arrowbear Rider

Base
First Name
Marcus
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

But they are suppose to be up speed now with HT production, or close to it, and with all of the people who switched to soft tops to get built sooner, should that still be a major constraint on a 2 door with less than 20% overall take rate?

It still has to be other parts, Ford did say that the take rate for the manual and the 2 doors were higher than expected; just a couple of points higher are a lot more parts to order. And, I bet a lot of the 2 doors are manual, or a lot of the manuals are two doors? :unsure:

OP
OP
patientB

patientB

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Jeep Wrangler Rubicon Unlimited
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
But they are suppose to be up speed now with HT production, or close to it, and with all of the people who switched to soft tops to get built sooner, should that still be a major constraint on a 2 door with less than 20% overall take rate?

It still has to be other parts, Ford did say that the take rate for the manual and the 2 doors were higher than expected; just a couple of points higher are a lot more parts to order. And, I bet a lot of the 2 doors are manual, or a lot of the manuals are two doors? :unsure:
Phone rep listed hardtop as a constraint.

Sponsored

JMullikin51

Base
First Name
J
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Mustang , 2004 BMW M3 , 2022 BMW 330I M Sport
Your Bronco Model
Base
I hope this bodes well for the order i`ll be placing next month (fingers crossed)

4 door BB , soft top , Mid package , 2.3/Auto , Aux Switches , Keypad .

Id rather have the hardtop , front panel soft top options but i`m not willing to wait any longer .

Week 1 Res holder , and had put off ordering after seeing all the disasters this rollout has had .

Gizmo

Outer Banks
First Name
Randy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Alfa Romeo Stelvio 2020 Porsche Macan 23 OBX
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Why is a stock badlands, soft top, auto and mid a constraint currently?

Broncogirl66

Badlands
First Name
Gia
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
23" manual 2dr SAS, HPR 2" lift BDS suspenion
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I have 7 of the 9 constraints . might be time to make some changes and hopefully get what I really what in a 7g:eek:😢😭

Arrowbear Rider

Base
First Name
Marcus
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

Phone rep listed hardtop as a constraint.
I understand.

But, because you can't buy a soft top 2 door and the HT is an option on the 4 doors and you HAVE TO BUY a HT if getting a 2 door then one could argue that 2 door HT should be prioritized; and at only 30% take rate on 2 doors that should leave a lot of HT for the optioned buyers. Especially if 2 door orders are something like a WT with a lot of other constraints keeping it from being built, those tops are going to the next in line too.

I understand that HT are a constraint, it just doesn't read to be as bad as other 2 door parts (Webco was suppose to be up to speed or somewhat) and 2 doors shouldn't be hit twice for the same constraint if the HT is why 2 doors are a constraint.

This is not a slam on 4 doors, if 2 doors could be had a ST then it wouldn't matter. But, not building 2 doors because the only way one can get them is somewhat constrained doesn't sound fair; it reads like the higher priced/profits 4 doors get weighted unfairly...

Arrowbear Rider

Base
First Name
Marcus
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

Why is a stock badlands, soft top, auto and mid a constraint currently?
I'm reading SAS is constrained because of front lockers so I could assume the same for a BL?
Sponsored