Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco 4dr OBX MIC 2.7 Rear Locker A51 Roast
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

So it's not "just me"...

I'm severely underwhelmed and amazed how bad my BB stock shocks handle gravel roads at even moderate speeds (like 45) with my 35's.

My King 2.5's can't get here soon enough. 😎
Say more! Did you put 35's on new, heavier wheels on a stock BB Suspension without a lift? Sounds like your King 2.5s are needed! I wonder how much the added wheel+tire weight added?

Just_Jim

Big Bend
First Name
Jim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Big Bend
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
Say more! Did you put 35's on new, heavier wheels on a stock BB Suspension without a lift? Sounds like your King 2.5s are needed! I wonder how much the added wheel+tire weight added?
The stock wheel&tire combo were supposedly around 72# and the current package is closer to 105#.

I just have a Fabtech leveling kit up front.

Ford Bronco Eibach Coilovers NOW AVAILABLE! PXL_20220718_220021229

grayshadow

Black Diamond
First Name
Charles
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

In my experience, Eibach is good, but not great. If you're looking for a name brand lift for your mall crawler to add larger tires only, these will probably work fine. If you're looking for the best suspension to mob across the desert at 80mph, then spend the money on Fox or King.
I don’t do 80 on the freeway. :rolleyes:

Sponsored

swami37

Black Diamond
First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1950 Ford F-1 and 2020 F150 FX4
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond

TheGhost

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco Badlands, 2009 Mazda RX-8
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Does Eibach provide a shock dyno for these?

kodiakisland

Black Diamond
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
12 Tacoma, 18 Indian, 23 GV70
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

do you know for the SAS application, what is the height set at out of the box?

Also, it seems most coilovers require you to use the oem shock top hat. Is this the case here?
We do not know what they are set at out of the box. Our stocking order isn't here yet, due this week.

Going off the picture of the coilovers, yes you would have to use the OEM tophat

Most complete coilovers are just that, the complete coilover. Why would you reuse the OEM tophat? These come fully assembled, right? Should not need to do anything other than remove the old coilovers and install the new ones.

kodiakisland

Black Diamond
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
12 Tacoma, 18 Indian, 23 GV70
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

In my experience, Eibach is good, but not great. If you're looking for a name brand lift for your mall crawler to add larger tires only, these will probably work fine. If you're looking for the best suspension to mob across the desert at 80mph, then spend the money on Fox or King.
I'm not concerned with the name, as many good coilovers use Eibach springs, but I am concerned with the 2.0 body. Was hoping it would be 2.5 or 3.0. I'm sure the 2.0 will be an upgrade over the Hitachi shocks though.

BAUS67

Base
First Name
redneck
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
88 5.0 LX, 08 F-150 Stepside, 22 Expl Timberline
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

I'm not concerned with the name, as many good coilovers use Eibach springs, but I am concerned with the 2.0 body. Was hoping it would be 2.5 or 3.0. I'm sure the 2.0 will be an upgrade over the Hitachi shocks though.

Which is why they are priced the way they are priced. 😁

More like stock Bilsteins with adjustable ride height.

Sponsored

lakesinai

Outer Banks
First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco 4dr OBX MIC 2.7 Rear Locker A51 Roast
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

The stock wheel&tire combo were supposedly around 72# and the current package is closer to 105#.

I just have a Fabtech leveling kit up front.

PXL_20220718_220021229.jpg
Nice touches, front shackles, cowl lights, ham radio antenna, fenders, new tires and wheels, King shocks on the way . . . I understand that the main concern with putting larger tires in our standard, Non-SAS suspensions (BB, OBX), is the possibility of premature wear generally and possible component failure (there's been alot of tie rod failure with 37's) if its heavily used! I like your King shocks for that reason. Some have said beefier UCA's are in store if I lift mine too much or do serious off roading. Right now I'm working on the 33" tires, wide for beach sand, Badlands style with a 1" lift and maybe beefier shocks. Good luck.

Just_Jim

Big Bend
First Name
Jim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Big Bend
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
Nice touches, front shackles, cowl lights, ham radio antenna, fenders, new tires and wheels, King shocks on the way . . . I understand that the main concern with putting larger tires in our standard, Non-SAS suspensions (BB, OBX), is the possibility of premature wear generally and possible component failure (there's been alot of tie rod failure with 37's) if its heavily used! I like your King shocks for that reason. Some have said beefier UCA's are in store if I lift mine too much or do serious off roading. Right now I'm working on the 33" tires, wide for beach sand, Badlands style with a 1" lift and maybe beefier shocks. Good luck.
It's also got SAS diffs and e-lockers w/4.7 gearing. 🤣

I'll be going with aftermarket UCAs and probably doing something to beef up the tie rods.

I want the extra travel and better damping for running lakes in the winter. Think of it like Baja but in the snow. 😁

DaveInSA

Badlands
First Name
David
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco Badlands 4DR, 2007 Saturn Sky
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
So tempting... But I'm still holding out for the Ford Performance/Bilsteins... Probably going to be holding out for a very long time.. Probably get a wildtrack with hoss 3.0 before then

IwannaGOfast

Badlands
First Name
Jon
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1991 Ranger Long Travel, 2014 Cruze Commuter
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Which is why they are priced the way they are priced. 😁

More like stock Bilsteins with adjustable ride height.
With progressive rate coil springs.

I still think it's a good price and a nice upgrade especially for lower trim broncos.
Sponsored