Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
02 Mustang GT, 05 Volvo V70R, 17 Mazda 6
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

With progressive rate coil springs.

I still think it's a good price and a nice upgrade especially for lower trim broncos.
Are the stock springs on the hoss Bilsteins linear rate?

Im assuming that the progressive rate would give a better ride on road than the Bilsteins possibly?
Sponsored

Natai

Badlands
First Name
Sean
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Nissan Sentra, Mercedes GLC
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

So you list the approximate lift for Sas & Non-Sas, with no mention of Badlands special suspsension (which is closer to Sas than Non). Unfortunately, neglecting the BL suspension has become common when discussing suspension upgrades, but then you should photos of a BL non-Sas.

Is there any sort of bump stop or other adjustment to limit up travel to allow for larger tires without rubbing?

RainbowStix

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Toyota Tacoma
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Any extended/compressed numbers or other product specs? Canā€™t really tell by the pictures but these seem to be a close design to the 5100s with a different spring.

So you list the approximate lift for Sas & Non-Sas, with no mention of Badlands special suspsension (which is closer to Sas than Non). Unfortunately, neglecting the BL suspension has become common when discussing suspension upgrades, but then you should photos of a BL non-Sas.

Is there any sort of bump stop or other adjustment to limit up travel to allow for larger tires without rubbing?
How hard is it to add 0.5ā€ to the SAS lift height measurement? Thatā€™s all the ā€œspecial suspensionā€ is in terms of lift height, 0.5ā€ shorter than SAS. Itā€™s also actually closer to non sas by 0.1ā€ (1.1ā€ > 0.5 > 0)

SuzH

Badlands
First Name
Susan
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.crittear.com
Vehicle(s)
BMW X5
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

BroncoEibachCoilovers.png

Now Available for the 2021+ Ford Bronco, Eibach's new PRO-TRUCK-LIFT (Stage 2) coilovers provide up to 4" of lift and the perfect balance of off-road performance and control.

Perfect blend for off-road and daily driving!
  • Pre-assembled for direct bolt-on installation
  • Utilizes our ERO Championship proven Off-Road racing springs
  • Designed to work with factory control arms for an increase in height without accelerated wear to ball joints and bushings
  • Developed specifically to provide a balanced ride quality on and off-road
  • Made by Eibach in the USA
Included:
2 ā€“ Front PRO-TRUCK Coilover 2.0 Shocks
2 ā€“ Rear PRO-TRUCK Coilover 2.0 Shocks
1 - 6mm adjustment spanner wrench & all required mounting hardware

Ride Height:
+0.9-3.4" (Front) +1.6-3.1" (Rear) - Non SAS
+0.5-3.0" (Front) +1.2-2.7" (Rear) - SAS.

eibach-e86350560122-bronco-1.jpg

Screenshot 2022-07-25 125846.png
Ordered at Expo PNW, and just arrived. Canā€™t wait to install them on DeWalt! šŸ’›šŸ“

Sponsored

kodiakisland

Black Diamond
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
12 Tacoma, 18 Indian, 23 GV70
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

They probably figure most people can do the math. Itā€™s in between the two and for all practical purposes close enough to the Squatch to not notice the difference.
The numbers are approximate as vehicles have different weights and they are adjustable. You should be able to get where you want to be with what they give you.

IwannaGOfast

Badlands
First Name
Jon
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1991 Ranger Long Travel, 2014 Cruze Commuter
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Are the stock springs on the hoss Bilsteins linear rate?

Im assuming that the progressive rate would give a better ride on road than the Bilsteins possibly?
Yes the factory springs appear to be linear.

It's only the rear coils that are progressive. These appear to have three different rates like icon. King and fox both have dual rate setups.

I would assume that having a soft coil rate for small stuff and a stiffer rate to kick in when you hit something big would benefit both on and off-road.

I'm not exactly sure how the triple rate works, but I would guess that part of the coil is very soft and basically accounts for holding the vehicle up. I think this section of the coil is almost completely compressed at ride height.

Natai

Badlands
First Name
Sean
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Nissan Sentra, Mercedes GLC
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

They probably figure most people can do the math. Itā€™s in between the two and for all practical purposes close enough to the Squatch to not notice the difference.
The numbers are approximate as vehicles have different weights and they are adjustable. You should be able to get where you want to be with what they give you.
True enough, but my concern is less about figuring the math and more for if the company actually realizes there are 3 factory setups instead of 2. Particularly when a lot of these vendors simply sell Sas and non-Sas kits.
I think we've established there are a LOT of uninformed customers out there. And depending on the details of a particular kit, it would be easy for someone with a BL to but the wrong kit if only given these two options.

kodiakisland

Black Diamond
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
12 Tacoma, 18 Indian, 23 GV70
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

True enough, but my concern is less about figuring the math and more for if the company actually realizes there are 3 factory setups instead of 2. Particularly when a lot of these vendors simply sell Sas and non-Sas kits.
I think we've established there are a LOT of uninformed customers out there. And depending on the details of a particular kit, it would be easy for someone with a BL to but the wrong kit if only given these two options.
They give you the two extremes and let you figure the rest. Itā€™s the same coilovers regardless of what you are replacing and the amount is only approximate. They are also adjustable. Those who are so uninformed wonā€™t know the difference anyway.

WuNgUn

Banned
Badlands
Banned
Banned
First Name
Eric
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2 door Squatched
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

4" of lift....
  • Designed to work with factory control arms for an increase in height without accelerated wear to ball joints and bushings
  • Will totally lunch your tierods and CV axles

Sponsored

RainbowStix

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Toyota Tacoma
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
In my experience, Eibach is good, but not great. If you're looking for a name brand lift for your daily to add larger tires only, these will probably work fine. If you're looking for the best suspension to mob across the desert at 80mph, then spend the money on Fox or King.
Youā€™re gonna need more than just a few mid travel coilovers to do that in a Bronco

Snacktime

Black Diamond
First Name
Nate
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco, F150
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

Well eibach declined to answer by questions further...

So front shocks are 1.4" longer than SAS which is max other companies have gone(safe spacer length). I would guess the rear is similar. I think these are going to be super similar to stock SAS travel with unlimited adjustment. One of you who ordered will have to tape measure for the rest of us.

I am tempted to order, I wonder if the wife will believe the shocks came free with the shirt.
Sponsored