Bill
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Jeep Gladiator
Your Bronco Model
Undecided
This ^^^^^^

Everyone is missing the point on why Ford is delaying taking new retail orders. It is not out of the goodness in their hearts to get original reservation holders their Bronco's first.

It is to limit the financial exposure on new retail orders they can't fulfill in a timely fashion. If you place a retail order and you purchase the vehicle, Ford will honor the prices at the time the order was taken. (Getting the dealer to share that price protection via Smart Vincent is a different issue).

It does behoove Ford to get original reservation/order holders their Broncos as quickly as possible to mitigate the amount of price protection they already owe.

Ford does not have that same price protection obligation on dealer stock orders.

I would expect for another round of price increases to happen before Ford opens up for fresh retail orders. If they opened up Broncos to new retail orders and say they got 30,000 of them and then they raised prices by $1,000 per Bronco, that is $30MM in price protection and $30MM less revenue for Ford.
Of course Ford is doing this to benefit themselves, everyone understands that. It’s also in Ford’s best interest to clean up the mess they made and the only way to do that is to clear the backlog of people before moving forward. They will never catch up with the mess they made here. It benefits everyone.
Sponsored

Razorbak86

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Bronco, BMW R1150 GS
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Incorrect, yes he has been but that is NOT who I am talking about. He is CEO and directly runs the electric division. The new guy will run the ICE division and enthusiast vehicles segment. Two former senior leaders ‘retired’ June 14th. Zero chance they really retired…
I think you are referring to Dave Bozeman…
  • Ford Announces Hiring of Dave Bozeman, formerly of Amazon, Caterpillar, & Harley Davidson (Business Wire, 7/14/22)
    • Bozeman will start with the company 9/1/22 as VP of the global Ford Customer Service Division and the Enthusiast Vehicles product line in Ford Blue.
    • He was also elected a corporate officer by Ford’s board of directors.
    • “As the head of FCSD, Bozeman will play a key role in delivering industry-leading customer-service experiences by further developing trust, loyalty and always-on customer relationships – all of which are central to the Ford+ plan for growth and value creation. He and his team will be responsible for global parts, accessories and vehicle personalization; material planning and logistics for FCSD; and best-in-class customer service experiences.”
    • “Bozeman will also head the Ford Blue enthusiast brands in the United States, including Bronco, Mustang and Raptor. With the assignment, Ford Blue now has operational leaders for each of its key vehicle segments: trucks (Andrew Frick), family (Kiersten Robinson) and enthusiast. Bozeman will report to Galhotra.”
    • “We are thrilled to welcome Dave to our Ford leadership team,” Galhotra said. “He has a unique skillset and a track record of success at some of the most respected and iconic companies in the world.”
    • Bozeman was most recently vice president of Amazon Transportation Services, overseeing all aspects of middle-mile transportation that enabled delivery of customer orders via the fastest and most convenient modes across the company’s global operations. Prior to Amazon, he was a senior vice president and head of the Caterpillar Enterprise System Group, the order-to-delivery organization aligned with Caterpillar’s critical processes and support groups to improve manufacturing and supply chain capabilities worldwide. Earlier, Bozeman held senior leadership positions at Harley-Davidson, the storied American motorcycle manufacturer.

North7

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
SUV
Your Bronco Model
Undecided
Clubs

Bsecker70

Big Bend
First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
20 F150
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
I'm tired, tired of waiting again, tired of hold on the phone, tired of hearing again and again "my order is constrained, we cant chip the brain, 2 door is too hard, we are sitting on thousands of cars...

DunawY

Wildtrak
First Name
Bo
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep Wrangler
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

Well I guess I dont see the marked up “used” Bronco market going away any time soon

Sponsored

Bsecker70

Big Bend
First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
20 F150
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
482CFDDD-7C30-4892-8E17-B14D1F53991B.jpeg

FINALLY. After over two years of nothing I received a legit response from Ford. They can’t build my 7-15-20 Base Bronco reservation. But I’m getting a free T-shirt. So I’m super excited about that!!!! Maybe the third time will be the charm when I have to re-order again
FORD equals F*** Order Reservation holDers
Well its better than silence

jddunfee

Outer Banks
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ranger Tremor
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
I'm tired, tired of waiting again, tired of hold on the phone, tired of hearing again and again "my order is constrained, we cant chip the brain, 2 door is too hard, we are sitting on thousands of cars...
There seems to be plenty of chips for all the showcase models they make and dealer mannequins. And hard tops, and wheels, and tow packages.....
It's all about money. That's all it is.

Broncodave

Black Diamond
First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Dodge Challenger/Nissan Xterra
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

Ford Motor Company fisted everyone of us who placed a order/reservation at small dealerships.
I've seen this type of quote a number of times on the forums, but it's really not true. Lots of order holders (including me) went with small dealers and we got our Broncos. The problem arose from thousands of would-be Bonco buyers going with the same small dealer who offered them a "better" deal.

Not that I want to be a Ford apologist, as they really messed things up, but just wanted to clarify that going with a smaller dealer was by no means a death sentence.

FormerJeepJunkie

Wildtrak
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Rav4
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
maybe the people in line this whole time should get there before letting new people like you in line and if they took new orders then there still have people who well place crap load of orders .
Please clarify how someone at the back of the line would impact your order? If the answer you state is “you may get your s first”- that’s a Ford issue. That’s exactly my point.

airishfan

Banned
Base
Banned
Banned
First Name
rob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
jeep cherokee
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

Please clarify how someone at the back of the line would impact your order? If the answer you state is “you may get your s first”- that’s a Ford issue. That’s exactly my point.
You dont think friends a family of people who work at dealerships not getting pushed ahead of other orders .

Sponsored

airishfan

Banned
Base
Banned
Banned
First Name
rob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
jeep cherokee
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

maybe Ford is tired of the line and reading about people talking crap about them not getting people who placed old orders there Bronco because as long they let new people in line people well find a way to cut in line and only way to stop that is to close the line to new people .

Austin26

Base
First Name
Austin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Subaru Crosstrek
Your Bronco Model
Base
they should have done this a year ago

oh well

congrats on those who wont have to wait much longer.
Yeah right. I'll believe it when I'm scheduled. Call me jaded but after reading multiple people here ordering in August of 2021 and getting it a few months later, I don't trust Ford to any degree. We were absolutely lied too and talk is cheap. I'd say some other things but there's no need for more negativity, I've made my point.

Sparky32

Outer Banks
First Name
Steven
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
BMW 4 series conv, Ford F150, Maserati GranT
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Any news then if Ford is going to honor price protection for those of use who made a reservation back in July of 2020?

Bronco21fan

Black Diamond
First Name
Angelo
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 bronco black diamond 2 door Sasquatch
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

I feel really fortunate to have received my bronco I still don’t see a whole lot of these on the road.
Sponsored