Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Black Diamond Bronco, 2023 Outerbanks Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

I still had a 99 the other day.
A reservation can't have a '99 status only a converted order can have a PC. Seems like a small technicality. But I'm in agreement with Dave in that I thought all unconverted reservations were forced to convert for MY'22 with at a minimum of a PC'99.

Letagoavs710

Banned
Banned
Banned
First Name
Bill
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Jeep Gladiator
Your Bronco Model
Undecided
A reservation can't have a '99 status only a converted order can have a PC. Seems like a small technicality. But I'm in agreement with Dave in that I thought all unconverted reservations were forced to convert for MY'22 with at a minimum of a PC'99.
It was ordered in 21’ but I’m not sure I converted it for 22’.

Beach_Bum

Black Diamond
First Name
Ken
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

It was ordered in 21’ but I’m not sure I converted it for 22’.
Once it was ordered for MY'21, there is no mechanism for an order to revert back to a reservation only. So your MY'21 order was rolled over for MY'22 and was assigned a PC'99 likely.

Letagoavs710

Banned
Banned
Banned
First Name
Bill
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Jeep Gladiator
Your Bronco Model
Undecided
Once it was ordered for MY'21, there is no mechanism for an order to revert back to a reservation only. So your MY'21 order was rolled over for MY'22 and was assigned a PC'99 likely.
Yeah lol whatever that means. I held onto
It because it was a grangtober I wasn’t sure I’d ever use. I cancelled it yesterday though.

Sponsored

Squatch

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
I understand that a percentage of the allocations comes from sales history and a percentage comes how many COVP orders the dealer has. So the more orders they have the more allocations they will receive.
We've heard this before, but the hopium is good stuff.

OP
OP
FordVideoGuy

FordVideoGuy

Big Bend
First Name
Tim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford F-150
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
Clubs

I could be wrong but I believe ALL reservations if you were going to use it were put in by a certain date for MY22 and put in status 99. I don't think unconverted reservations is still a thing?
That's what i thought too but I had one reach out to me that put in a reservation and hasn't converted to order asking if they would be able to order in September 12th as well. Bronco Brand Managers said yes. So there must be quite a few.

Beach_Bum

Black Diamond
First Name
Ken
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

That's what i thought too but I had one reach out to me that put in a reservation and hasn't converted to order asking if they would be able to order in September 12th as well. Bronco Brand Managers said yes. So there must be quite a few.
I was thinking about the reservation/converted order distinction last night. And while it is apparent that there are a few unconverted reservations, I don't think they still qualify for price protection. If I remember correctly, that was the impetus for converting the reservation before 3/19/21. It also was to be a basis for the allocation formula for MY'22, but of course that formula changed to historic sales data and not converted orders.

vrtical

Raptor
First Name
Doug
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Fords
Your Bronco Model
Raptor
Clubs

I was thinking about the reservation/converted order distinction last night. And while it is apparent that there are a few unconverted reservations, I don't think they still qualify for price protection. If I remember correctly, that was the impetus for converting the reservation before 3/19/21. It also was to be a basis for the allocation formula for MY'22, but of course that formula changed to historic sales data and not converted orders.
For sure that was the other reason to do it for the price protection, but I swore Ford was trying to clean them up, but it would not shock me if someone tried and it still worked.

OP
OP
FordVideoGuy

FordVideoGuy

Big Bend
First Name
Tim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford F-150
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
Clubs

No, they wouldn't get price protection but would still be able to order on September 12 and not have to wait until the new orders open up. I had 2 discussions going on. One about price protection and the other about unconverted reservations.

Sponsored

Chippewa-Pin

Badlands
First Name
Rob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Santa Fe, Tucson, Z4, T/A
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
I sure hope Ford extends Price Protection for those of us who ordered after March 19, 2021 who have to reorder for MY23. It’s only fair as it’s not our fault they couldn’t build them by then end of 2022.

RagnarKon

Badlands
First Name
Bryan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Bronco, Escape, Focus
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I sure hope Ford extends Price Protection for those of us who ordered after March 19, 2021 who have to reorder for MY23. It’s only fair as it’s not our fault they couldn’t build them by then end of 2022.
Since they originally committed to building all 2022 orders in 2022… I think they will.

My assumption is everyone who reserved before March 19th, 2021 will be locked into 2021 pricing, while everyone who ordered before March 11th, 2022 will be locked into 2022 pricing.

BUT I probably shouldn’t count the chickens before they all hatch. They didn’t extend price protection for those who ordered a 2021MY after March 19th, 2021… so who knows.

AZ_Liberty

Base
First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2007 Expedition
Your Bronco Model
Base
BUT I probably shouldn’t count the chickens before they all hatch. They didn’t extend price protection for those who ordered a 2021MY after March 19th, 2021… so who knows.
Yeah, my Wife is still salty about that. Missed the cutoff by about a week and a half.

At least the price increase was only $800, and I probably saved that money by pulling the money for my Bronco out of our investment accounts 17 months ago.

That was before the Webasto fiasco when folks thought a Base with nothing on it might actually get built in MY21.

Also, I am assuming no price protection for the latest $100 increase, since Ford put that onto their ridiculous delivery fee.

Glenn Gray

Outer Banks
First Name
Glenn
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford f350
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

I have a order date of 8/14/21 , do I need to be in line at my dealer on opening day of MY23 to keep my place in line ? I hope Ford does not reshuffle the deck

DunawY

Wildtrak
First Name
Bo
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep Wrangler
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

As I said, only a select group of people got price protection from MY21 to 22. For those folks who had a reservation prior to 19 Mach 2021, the rebate should be in SmartVincent.

The Mid-year price protection is Ford's standard 'Retail Price Protection' that anyone who orders a Ford vehicle gets if the price changes mid year. It's not special, and has nothing to do with Bronco. And there should be another $500 on top of the Job2 pricing since Ford actually raised the price a 2nd time.

They also bumped the delivery fee by $100.
Maybe I’m misunderstanding you but I reserved in 6/21, placed an order 10/21 and then was given a $1750 rebate towards my Bronco for the price difference of job2 when my Bronco arrived last month. No March reservation needed
Sponsored