First Name
Jetta
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco & some motorcycles
Your Bronco Model
Base
I just reserved my spot to purchase an Aptera, the perfect daily driver to compliment my very analog and inefficient 7MT Bronco. I drive over 100 miles a day and do not want to pay for that much gas or put unnecessary miles on my dream car.

Is your daily driver the bronco? If not what are you driving or will drive to compliment this wonderful and capable 4x4?

Ford Bronco Bronco + Your Daily Driver IMG_5113
Ford Bronco Bronco + Your Daily Driver IMG_5002-1
Ford Bronco Bronco + Your Daily Driver IMG_4586-2-scaled
Sponsored

F OR D

Black Diamond
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
BD Green Machine
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

personally i would get something more mainstream and common. this is potential vaporware from a company that was croudsourcing last year.

i'm not trusting my safety or vehicle reliability to them and i love bleeding edge. there are tons of evs that are reliable in that price range.

Last edited:

Fonz54

Badlands
First Name
Lou
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep Commander, Porsche Cayenne, Mercedes C250
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I just reserved my spot to purchase an Aptera, the perfect daily driver to compliment my very analog and inefficient 7MT Bronco. I drive over 100 miles a day and do not want to pay for that much gas or put unnecessary miles on my dream car.

Is your daily driver the bronco? If not what are you driving or will drive to compliment this wonderful and capable 4x4?

Where is the Flux Capacitor? :ROFLMAO:

Fly

Big Bend
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Subaru Outback
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend

I’m pretty sure a Bronco with Sasquatch package could drive right over that thing.

Sponsored

HotdogThud

Big Bend
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
mk6 gti, '21 MoarDoor
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
Clubs

Mine is my daily driver, never bought it for the gas mileage. Anyone who did buy one for the mpg was kidding themselves
Same, it's my daily. And I'm mostly in the same boat, it's not a diesel golf or a prius, so no competition there.

Granted, I'd have given it serious pause if it got 10 mpg instead of 20, lol

Bronco-ocnorB

Big Bend
First Name
Luke
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Flex
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
Clubs

I kept my Scion XD for commuting and the airport car. It is 10 years old with 115k miles on it and still going strong. It helped me save and be efficient while saving up for the Bronco. With a soft top I am not leaving the Bronco in a parking garage for days on end.

Sponsored

Scape Goat

Badlands
First Name
Matt
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2012 Nissan Frontier SV 4x4
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Here is my daily driver, a Hybrid Maverick giving me literally twice the MPG of my Bronco.

Ford Bronco Bronco + Your Daily Driver A4CFA82B-FC2F-4CF1-9D9A-717FCFF4F51A_1_105_c
That is my plan too. I really like the Maverick. I think it is Ford's best move in a long time.

All the small commercial companies are going to load up on these things.

Scape Goat

Badlands
First Name
Matt
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2012 Nissan Frontier SV 4x4
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Is the desiccated corpse of Elio Motors back from the dead?
Elio! I was trying to remember the name of the company that was trying to do this.

Staring any kind of car company is ridiculously difficult, and almost certainly destined to fail. I would look to by a $7k or so beater car to commune, and then have my sweet bronco.

North7

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
SUV
Your Bronco Model
Undecided
Clubs

Elio! I was trying to remember the name of the company that was trying to do this.

Staring any kind of car company is ridiculously difficult, and almost certainly destined to fail. I would look to by a $7k or so beater car to commune, and then have my sweet bronco.
Promises are cheap, actual delivery is a mountain to climb, scaled up, consistent production quantities is an ocean to swim.

For those that don't know who Elio Motos was, here was their belly flop.

Ford Bronco Bronco + Your Daily Driver images (1)

Joez60421

Black Diamond
First Name
Joe
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Fleet of Toyota 4runners and Land Cruisers
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond

$7k doesnt get you a beater, it can get you a damn nice commuter. I DD a '98 Lexus LS400 I bought off the orriginal for $5k. Almost 30mpg in the lap of luxury.

20210508_185033.jpg
Sponsored