First Name
Kevin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
21 4dr Badsquatch. 22 JLUR-XR.
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
What does it cost you to keep the order? Why not just keep it, but live your life like you don't have it. Then when you get the surprise call from the dealer that it's here, you can make the decision at that time if you want or are able to buy.
Sponsored

Bronco cat

Banned
Outer Banks
Banned
Banned
First Name
Carl
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
‘20 Explorer ST, ‘19 GT350, ‘21 Bronco Sport
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

I’m not sure what the pint is here? You either want a bronco and are willing to wait or don’t want to wait but want one. Sounds like you aren’t will to wait.

Five-O Donut Hole

Wildtrak
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2012 Ford Raptor-Loaded-Original Owner
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Well I tried coming back to the brand. Was super excited about the new Bronco. Ford can't be this incompetent as a company, so I can only assume that it's my fault....It's not you Ford, It's me...

So fellow users, I want your feedback - What did I do wrong?

I placed my reservation on Oct 30, 2020. Yup, I got into what was already a long line (after some hesitation and internal debate about an f150 king ranch) at a medium-large dealer in the greater Houston area. A LOT of folks ahead of me in that line, both nationally and at the dealer (I was number 189 out of what they stated at the time was ~200 allocated vehicle slots ). I procrastinated - I had a 105 reservation number so I expected I'd be waiting...and I still am waiting...and waiting. Then, on 3/16/21 I ordered a Lux Badlands sasquatch hard top with mod steel bumper (several sins). Then I ordered the same vehicle again in October of 21. Now I'm fixing to likely have to re-order for the third time if I can stomach it.

All my family cars were aging when I started this process so I've actually had to purchase 2 new cars in the meantime. One of those vehicles, a plug-in XC90 was custom ordered, built, transported across the Atlantic, and delivered to my dealer - all in under 3 months! This was my understanding of how buying a car was supposed to go. Volvo and Audi have benefitted from Ford's Bronco timeline.
I guess I consider myself one of the fortunate ones to have waited 19 months from ordering to take delivery...you won't get any sympathy from anyone here my friend. Wait it out if you truly want what you ordered.

FlyingBronco

Badlands
First Name
The Don
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
You scheduled or built yet? Ford has said a lot of things...
You were late to get in line at the new club everyone wanted in. It’s a long wait til you get to the bouncer. With the Volvo, you just got in a new line for a club nobody really cares about.

AZ_Liberty

Base
First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2007 Expedition
Your Bronco Model
Base

I ordered a Lux Badlands sasquatch hard top with mod steel bumper (several sins).
You ordered a highly constrained top (hard top), with a highly constrained suspension (badlands/Sasquatch) with approximately 100-120,000 people in line ahead of you. The bumper doesn't help, but the other two items are the serious production constraints.

You don't say if it is a 2-door or 4-door. But the only thing you could have done to make it harder is to have ordered a 2-door.

I ordered about 3 weeks after you, and I still don't have my completely Stripped down Base, (2-door) also from a medium large dealer. I'm sure that if I were willing to settle for a 4-door squishy top I would have had one 6-8 months ago.

You can order something with low demand (like an Explorer or a Mustang) and have one delivered in 7 weeks.

Sponsored

M4Madness

Base
First Name
David
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
F-150 FX4
Your Bronco Model
Base
I ordered about 3 weeks after you, and I still don't have my completely Stripped down Base, (2-door) also from a medium large dealer.
This is a very good example of how allocations are killing orders.

AZ_Liberty

Base
First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2007 Expedition
Your Bronco Model
Base
This is a very good example of how allocations are killing orders.
IMHO, it's an example of how poorly Ford planned this roll-out and how poorly the executed capital expenditures to make sure their subs were ready.

My "mid size" dealer is one of the 100 largest dealerships in the country. (mid size in Phoenix = about 600 cars on the lot in a normal economy)

If Ford was actually building to plan (80/20 Bronco/Ranger + 3rd shift) , then ALL dealerships would have 50-100% more allocations, and all reservation holders would have their vehicle by now.

Lil Red Broncette

Base
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Explorer
Your Bronco Model
Base
First as others have said, there are plenty still waiting and if reservation date means anything, your oct 20 reservation is much latter than all those July 20 reservations that still haven't got filled.

Interesting you mention getting a Volvo from overseas, Volvo is a Sweden manufacture and Sweden unlike the US didn't have shutdowns. Furthermore among shutdowns in the US Michigan where the Bronco's are built had more restrictions. Not politics, just reality of events so Volvo was likely much less affected and at the same time didn't have the same demand as the Bronco.

In a way just an outright new order in January 21 may have gotten filled faster than a reservation as a whole bunch of new orders seemed to be getting priority over reservations.

I am still waiting on my July 2020 reservation and subsequent order to be filled. It is scheduled however, but it was looking like it would be rolling into MY23 until about 6 weeks ago.

So really not unusual to still be waiting.

1975U15

Outer Banks
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 F-350 SD, 1975 Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

I’ll help you out a bit OP. There are some here being a bit disingenuous and not telling you the other side of the story. So here you go.

There are literally thousands of people that have ordered well after you with no reservation, with some of the same constraints you have. It’s very well documented here. Here’s an example of a thread with a bunch of late orders jumping the line I saw today.

https://www.bronco6g.com/forum/threads/obx-order-club-sit-rep.50830/

Certainly not their fault, but an absolute joke the lies Ford told early reservation holders. And though you may not be considered “early” you’re certainly earlier than many orders full-filled on this site and the thread I shared.

I’m very grateful for our Bronco and feel we got very lucky as a first 12hr res. Being a Granger order I believe I was a couple allocations from being a 2022-23. I picked up ours when the folks at Granger got the allocation rule change from Ford. There was a cloud over dealership at that time. The good folks at Granger were shocked when Ford decided to cave to mega dealers and screw reservation holders.

I do feel for those that continue to be passed over because Ford repeatedly moved the goal posts. Best of luck. Seems that’s what it takes.

patientB

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Jeep Wrangler Rubicon Unlimited
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
You did nothing wrong.

Ford has proven to be incredibly inefficient and poor with communication. That's not on you.

In addition to your Volvo and Audi, you'll find a ton of folks here who've managed to order and receive Jeeps, Land Rovers, Porsches, etc. Somehow all those manufacturers have figured how to source third-party parts and run their production and shipping lines properly, in order to keep their customers happy.

Meanwhile, as you'll see here, Ford has so many die-hard fans that will forgive anything, that they don't really have anything to fix in their processes. What they make, they'll sell.

Sponsored

patientB

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Jeep Wrangler Rubicon Unlimited
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Also, fun fact, the Volvo XC90 is currently made in Ridgefield, South Carolina. If yours was assembled in Sweden, it would have been one of the last to roll off the line.

Donkeygyrl

Base
First Name
Sheri
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco on order
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

Ford is slow due to whatever you got in late .
Go to any highway and stand there and count how many old audis you see go by ,that was one mistake.

AZ_Liberty

Base
First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2007 Expedition
Your Bronco Model
Base
In addition to your Volvo and Audi, you'll find a ton of folks here who've managed to order and receive Jeeps, Land Rovers, Porsches, etc. Somehow all those manufacturers have figured how to source third-party parts and run their production and shipping lines properly, in order to keep their customers happy.
Ford launched five (5) new vehicles at essentially the same time, and all have high demand. Bronco, Maverick, Mach-E, Lightning, and Bronco Sport.

Order a legacy product, and FoMoCo will have it in your hands in 6-8 weeks. My Dad ordered a brand new Explorer ST, 3 weeks from order to built, an another 3 weeks on the stupid choo-choo train. A Maverick would have been much better for his use case, but he's 82 and didn't want to wait 9-12 months.

Ford absolutely bungled this. And their biggest bungle was not actually investing in the proper tooling to meet production requirements for the hard top. Number two was sole sourcing Sasquatch wheels to the Chinese, with 3 and 4 being whatever screwed up production of the Badlands suspension and the 7MT.

But, it's disingenuous to compare delivery times of a legacy product, to a new in-demand product with a 1 year waiting list before production even started.

JohnnyBronco

Outer Banks
First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
X4
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

Well I tried coming back to the brand. Was super excited about the new Bronco. Ford can't be this incompetent as a company, so I can only assume that it's my fault....It's not you Ford, It's me...

I placed my reservation on Oct 30, 2020. Yup, I got into what was already a long line (after some hesitation and internal debate about an f150 king ranch) at a medium-large dealer in the greater Houston area. A LOT of folks ahead of me in that line, both nationally and at the dealer (I was number 189 out of what they stated at the time was ~200 allocated vehicle slots ). I procrastinated - I had a 105 reservation number so I expected I'd be waiting...and I still am waiting...and waiting. Then, on 3/16/21 I ordered a Lux Badlands sasquatch hard top with mod steel bumper (several sins). Then I ordered the same vehicle again in October of 21. Now I'm fixing to likely have to re-order for the third time if I can stomach it.

All my family cars were aging when I started this process so I've actually had to purchase 2 new cars in the meantime. One of those vehicles, a plug-in XC90 was custom ordered, built, transported across the Atlantic, and delivered to my dealer - all in under 3 months! This was my understanding of how buying a car was supposed to go. Volvo and Audi have benefitted from Ford's Bronco timeline.
What on earth are you going ro do with 3 Broncos (when all your standing orders are filled)

JohnnyBronco

Outer Banks
First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
X4
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

Ford launched five (5) new vehicles at essentially the same time, and all have high demand. Bronco, Maverick, Mach-E, Lightning, and Bronco Sport.

Order a legacy product, and FoMoCo will have it in your hands in 6-8 weeks. My Dad ordered a brand new Explorer ST, 3 weeks from order to built, an another 3 weeks on the stupid choo-choo train. A Maverick would have been much better for his use case, but he's 82 and didn't want to wait 9-12 months.

Ford absolutely bungled this. And their biggest bungle was not actually investing in the proper tooling to meet production requirements for the hard top. Number two was sole sourcing Sasquatch wheels to the Chinese, with 3 and 4 being whatever screwed up production of the Badlands suspension and the 7MT.

But, it's disingenuous to compare delivery times of a legacy product, to a new in-demand product with a 1 year waiting list before production even started.
Look back in history and Ford pushed out
IMHO, it's an example of how poorly Ford planned this roll-out and how poorly the executed capital expenditures to make sure their subs were ready.

My "mid size" dealer is one of the 100 largest dealerships in the country. (mid size in Phoenix = about 600 cars on the lot in a normal economy)

If Ford was actually building to plan (80/20 Bronco/Ranger + 3rd shift) , then ALL dealerships would have 50-100% more allocations, and all reservation holders would have their vehicle by now.
If Ford was building to plan then there would have been 3 times as many '21 Broncos built 50,000 is a pisspoor number compared to over twice as many 64.5 Mustangs and over a half million 65s.
Sponsored