Sponsored

165k Reservations might be the 2021 cut off and a tall order to fulfill.

Status
Not open for further replies.

KindaOrange

Black Diamond
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
None... hurry up Ford!
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

My feeling is there is already a pivot underway toward "global warming" and the environment. It is almost like someone sent a memo.
Always gotta have something to sensationalize. Our reliable friendly "journalists"....
Sponsored

KindaOrange

Black Diamond
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
None... hurry up Ford!
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

They don't know how many cancellations they'll have so they have to say 2022 to cover themselves in the event more people follow through with an order than the company expects.

I believe that people in that 165K number who actually place an order will get their Bronco next spring. After all, we just floated Ford a 0% interest, $16.5M loan.
Which they're probably using to retool the production plant.

Headsong

Black Diamond
First Name
Jeff
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
22 Black Diamond non squatch 4 door softtop v6
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

For the love of God, please people, cancel your reservation and get the new Wrangler. I don't want to wait until 2022! You can help....

Bronco4lyfe85

Banned
Badlands
Banned
Banned
First Name
William
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Challenger Scat Pack
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
They don't know how many cancellations they'll have so they have to say 2022 to cover themselves in the event more people follow through with an order than the company expects.

I believe that people in that 165K number who actually place an order will get their Bronco next spring. After all, we just floated Ford a 0% interest, $16.5M loan.
That went to the dealerships so Ford didn’t make a cent.

BruckinFonco

Base
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 VW GTI Sport MT, 1993 VW Corrado VR6 MT
Your Bronco Model
Base
Which they're probably using to retool the production plant.
OK, to everyone claiming that the money Ford Motor Co. has collected on Bronco deposits is funding all sorts of investment at the company: it takes them approximately 54 minutes to make $16.5M (gross revenues are $158B annually). To put it another way, it's 0.01% of their annual revenue.

Sponsored

BruckinFonco

Base
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 VW GTI Sport MT, 1993 VW Corrado VR6 MT
Your Bronco Model
Base
That went to the dealerships so Ford didn’t make a cent.
This too, and even if it didn't, $16.5M is barely a blip for this corporation.

Tonka1

Badlands
First Name
Brad
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep Wrangler Willys
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I suspect that some people who planned on getting their bronco next spring may be forced into another vehicle and drop their reservation. I also suspect that some reservations will be dropped by those who are enticed by a V8 Hemi and other updates that Jeep makes in the meantime. It certainly is in Fords best interest in fulfilling reservations as soon as possible to avoid loosing customers. While I'm willing to wait right now, my 2014 Expedition is starting to cost more to maintain than a car payment will be. I may be one of those that are forced into canceling my reservation because I can't afford to wait 2 years.

WRF3MD

Black Diamond
First Name
Will
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford F150/Ranger
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

I understand. But your missing the point. Although Ford has already put out that information there was never a number attached to it to gauge who will get pushed into 2022. For example anything after 500k.

165k in my mind was nothing for a manufacturer to build in one year. Especially since they pump out 900k F-150s per year. But in this scenario with Covid-19 and building the Bronco in one Factory it is an issue. A chunk of 165k may get pushed into 2022 already.

Also people aren't going to stop placing new reservations from now till December the number isn't going to drop from 165k its going to keep growing. So even if you calculate people dropping out and canceling reservations its still going to be $165k ++ by Christmas. Probably much more.
Some may be delivered BY 2022, so Dec. 31st 2022

JoeyIV

First Edition
First Name
Joey
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1975 FJ40
Your Bronco Model
First Edition
Clubs

Hopefully First Edition Broncos are actually making the first year...

ColoradoGuy

Badlands
First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'21 4DR Badlands and a couple of Acuras
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

So Spring is now June.... or is it by June?

tenor.gif

Sponsored

dpav02

Badlands
First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2006 Toyota 4Runner Sport
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Technically "Spring" in lasts until June 20th. So I except the first few thousand deliveries to happen the week of June 14th unless there are delays.

ColoradoGuy

Badlands
First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'21 4DR Badlands and a couple of Acuras
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

DHH

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ranger
Your Bronco Model
Undecided
One thing in favor of those with reservations is they will not be building the Ranger along side the Bronco for the 1st year at least. The plant will be Bronco only at the start AFAIK.
That plant is for the Bronco and the NEW Ranger, which hasn't even been spotted in camo yet. It's at least a year behind the Bronco

Rough Rider

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Mustang Convertible
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
One thing in favor of those with reservations is they will not be building the Ranger along side the Bronco for the 1st year at least. The plant will be Bronco only at the start AFAIK.
That plant is for the Bronco and the NEW Ranger, which hasn't even been spotted in camo yet. It's at least a year behind the Bronco
This is entirely incorrect as the plant is currently building the North American Ranger and will be doing so until the new Ranger is released, which will also be built at that plant.
Sponsored

Status
Not open for further replies.