My dealer said they (Ford) won't actually fulfill all the orders

mustangfamily03

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
None
Your Bronco Model
Undecided
I wonder if OP's sales guy was just confused about the Bronco and Bronco Sport since he was "looking at the Build and Price" and then figured instead of admitting to it, he'd try to get money from OP anyways? Still a scam-y and still a dumb move on his part.
Probably. Some of these guys don’t really care about the bronco or any car that isn’t on the lot yet. They try to use the bronco interest and blow it off like “oh you’re probably not going to be able to get one of those”, then try to sell you a ranger. That’s a classic move and only works if you know your audience.
Sponsored

elmystico

Badlands
First Name
Jon
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2014 FJ Cruiser, 1990 Toyota pickup, 2021 Audi Q8
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

You can haggle, but they won’t go back and forth more than 2-3 times. They try to make money but mostly go for volume.
Agreed. My take on this is that they realize that it's smarter to just move forward promptly and make another sale than to sit around playing a game, hoping to pat yourself on the back when you think you've "won" but don't really know because the customer got tired of your $h!t and won't call your slimy a$$ back.

elmystico

Badlands
First Name
Jon
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Probably. Some of these guys don’t really care about the bronco or any car that isn’t on the lot yet. They try to use the bronco interest and blow it off like “oh you’re probably not going to be able to get one of those”, then try to sell you a ranger. That’s a classic move and only works if you know your audience.
Wouldn't be the first I've read about here. It's a good litmus test for salespeople. You either bothered to educate yourself or you didn't.

mustangfamily03

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
None
Your Bronco Model
Undecided
Agreed. My take on this is that they realize that it's smarter to just move forward promptly and make another sale than to sit around playing a game, hoping to pat yourself on the back when you think you've "won" but don't really know because the customer got tired of your $h!t and won't call your slimy a$$ back.
The last F150 I bought their they gave me sticker minus rebates on the first go and then came back with the second offer and they dropped the price about $5,000 and I was like ok let’s do this. They actually came in and told me this is the best deal we can give you. Which with rebates was about $10,500 off sticker.

Tonka Bronka

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
F350, V60 Polestar, 900SS, K1300S, RnineT Racer
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Think about this, if we all get notified to order on the same day, how many people are going to be ready to pull that trigger immediately and get their order in the system? My guess would be 25% tops. So you may be way down on the list now, but the folks that are dead serious and ready to rock, are going to get their rigs first.

Sponsored

mustangfamily03

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
None
Your Bronco Model
Undecided
Think about this, if we all get notified to order on the same day, how many people are going to be ready to pull that trigger immediately and get their order in the system? My guess would be 25% tops. So you may be way down on the list now, but the folks that are dead serious and ready to rock, are going to get their rigs first.
One thing I was talking to my dealer about was that no matter what your reservation number is, the only thing that matters is your order number once the ordering happens. So once the order is placed the reservation number is out the window. Just be prepared if you have a build date and they find a problem in quality control and the affected vehicles sit in a hold status either at the factory, until the part is replaced or at the dealer until the parts are acquired there and installed. Not trying to discourage but that stuff happens and you have to prepare for it cause if not you’ll be that much more upset if it does. Just my thoughts because I’ve seen it happen.

mustangfamily03

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
None
Your Bronco Model
Undecided
My buddy bought a Moab edition Jeep Wrangler years ago and when it showed up it said Sahara on the hood and had the wrong top on it. It also had Sahara wheels on it. The sticker was correct but the actual vehicle wasn’t. They held it at the dealer until it was correct so he could take delivery of it. I saw this happen with a RAM when I was a salesman at a Chrysler dealer. It came in as a reg cab short bed and grey. The window sticker said long bed (long wheel base) and it was silver lol. It was odd but they ended up returning that truck because it is supposed to come with the equipment or characteristics that is on the window sticker, unless it has an aftermarket kit but that’s a different tale.

Granger Ford

Badlands
Base Sponsor (Level 1)
First Name
Jay
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.grangerford.com
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Partially correct...

One thing I was talking to my dealer about was that no matter what your reservation number is, the only thing that matters is your order number once the ordering happens.

Not 100% factual if you get the order in during the time allotment then Ford will stack them in their order...all vehicles go in at the same time when Ford picks them up to schedule...

Dealer order has very little to do with getting them...that is an example of allocation basis...

So once the order is placed the reservation number is out the window.

Reservation # is not the determining factor the Time stamp that we are receiving has more to do with location in line...

Just be prepared if you have a build date and they find a problem in quality control and the affected vehicles sit in a hold status either at the factory

This is true but the first vehicles will be mannequins, crash test vehicles and publicity vehicles...

Texas Sunshine

Base
First Name
Suzann
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Base Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

So, my very rude GSM at Malloy Ford in Charlottesville first asked me for $500 non-refundable deposit to order the 2 door today (lie), but then after I asked about any dealer markups he said he wasn't sure and that he didn't believe Ford would actually fulfill all reservations. I asked why and he said he's been doing this awhile so he knows. I'm running from them asap. Anybody else hear anything like that?
My dealer was great and told me they will contact me in December for me to order my Bronco.

mustangfamily03

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
None
Your Bronco Model
Undecided
Partially correct...
Not 100% factual if you get the order in during the time allotment then Ford will stack them in their order...all vehicles go in at the same time when Ford picks them up to schedule...

Dealer order has very little to do with getting them...that is an example of allocation basis...

Still confused... ?

Reservation # is not the determining factor the Time stamp that we are receiving has more to do with location in line...

Honestly, this process confuses me. I don’t know all the specifics with it I just made a reservation. The dealer said that because I expressed concern about placing my reservation in late July and don’t want to end up getting mine as a 2022 model.
Is it likely they produce dealer order (parking lot) broncos before the individual orders? I seem to recall them doing that with the 2015 mustang.

This is true but the first vehicles will be mannequins, crash test vehicles and publicity vehicles...

This happened to a car of one of my friends. It was a mustang that had a defect in the dash that wouldn’t line up properly. It was literally just a couple cars, but it took an extra 6 weeks to get it.

Sponsored

Granger Ford

Badlands
Base Sponsor (Level 1)
First Name
Jay
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.grangerford.com
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Honestly, this process confuses me. I don’t know all the specifics with it

We do not know what will go on with the builds but there is a time stamp that the dealer has, it is on our reservations sheet...my vehicle as a sample

Ford Bronco My dealer said they (Ford) won't actually fulfill all the orders 1599074863600

Is it likely they produce dealer order (parking lot) broncos before the individual orders?

No they will have no room in the system for stock orders...

We cannot order stock Bronco Sports yet and all of our reservations have been ordered...

This happened to a car of one of my friends. It was a mustang that had a defect in the dash that wouldn’t line up properly. It was literally just a couple cars, but it took an extra 6 weeks to get it.

Yes things can happen that is why we have to inspect them when they come off the transport and later by a Master Mechanic for final inspection...

elmystico

Badlands
First Name
Jon
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Is it likely they produce dealer order (parking lot) broncos before the individual orders?

No they will have no room in the system for stock orders...
And this is a reminder why many dealers can't wait for people to order their vehicles and then, at the last moment in the finance room, balk at some outrageous shenanigans they will try to pull and walk. Then the dealer takes that Bronco straight to someone they know is willing to pay top dollar (MSRP+"market price" markup) without having ever bothered with a reservation. This is how they get around Ford's reservation system, and finding honest dealers who won't pull that $h!t is all the more crucial for reservation holders.

Granger Ford

Badlands
Base Sponsor (Level 1)
First Name
Jay
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.grangerford.com
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

And this is a reminder why many dealers can't wait for people to order their vehicles and then, at the last moment in the finance room, balk at some outrageous shenanigans they will try to pull and walk. Then the dealer takes that Bronco straight to someone they know is willing to pay top dollar (MSRP+"market price" markup) without having ever bothered with a reservation. This is how they get around Ford's reservation system, and finding honest dealers who won't pull that $h!t is all the more crucial for reservation holders.
Never thought about it that way...:oops:

How can a person live with themselves by outraging a customer for a few $$'s :mad:

This is why the Tesla model will probably come to fruition before long...(y)

Like the Mach E you had to sell it at what it stickers for, Ford left nothing on the table for the dealership...?‍♂

toughtoaster

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2012 Mustang GT, 2022 Bronco Badlands
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
My question is... how long do we have in order to take delivery? Can I show up, have my dealer offer me crappy financing options to try to get me to walk, say I’ll be back the next day to negotiate some more until they decide to work with me without them selling my order out from under me?

I’m not above a good ole fashioned sit-in to get them to work with me if I must.

elmystico

Badlands
First Name
Jon
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Never thought about it that way...:oops:

How can a person live with themselves by outraging a customer for a few $$'s :mad:

This is why the Tesla model will probably come to fruition before long...(y)

Like the Mach E you had to sell it at what it stickers for, Ford left nothing on the table for the dealership...?‍♂
Again I say to all reservation holders: Make the effort and find a trustworthy, honest dealer. Don't assume Ford's automated, algorithmic selection of your local dealer based on zip code is going to be in your best interests. Call the dealer, ask them what their plan for Bronco is, and the more evasive or vague or downright bull$h!tty they are, the faster you should be running to another dealer if at all possible.
Sponsored