PotatoSalad

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2014 Ford Fusion
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
I've been tracking this train for a couple days, but I'm a little confused.

The robo voice keeps saying the train is headed for Gibson, Indiana and will be there on the 15th at 5a... that's a long way from where it needs to be but I'm guessing that's just another interim stop. Another bit that's confusing me is ... where is Gibson Indiana? Is that IHB Gibson Yard (in Hammond Indiana), or Gibson County, Indiana? The two aren't particularly close. I guess I'll find out eventually as the natural course of events unfolds.

Anyway, the route so far:
We left Wayne MI sometime before noon on the 10th.
Stopped in Walbridge, OH at 3:35 P on the 10th.
Stopped in Garrett Indiana in the afternoon on the 11th.
Still reporting there as of this writing, though the arrival time changed to an hour ago.

I'm hoping it'll pick up a lot of pace soon. Right now it's taking about a day to go 2 to 4 hours' drive for each leg.
How are you able to get that much detailed info on the train? I think my train is right behind yours (left Wayne, MI the 10th around midnight bound for Gibson, IN), but that's all the info I've gotten from the robocall.

orange_methodology

Badlands
First Name
Keith
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I've been tracking this train for a couple days, but I'm a little confused.

The robo voice keeps saying the train is headed for Gibson, Indiana and will be there on the 15th at 5a... that's a long way from where it needs to be but I'm guessing that's just another interim stop. Another bit that's confusing me is ... where is Gibson Indiana? Is that IHB Gibson Yard (in Hammond Indiana), or Gibson County, Indiana? The two aren't particularly close. I guess I'll find out eventually as the natural course of events unfolds.

Anyway, the route so far:
We left Wayne MI sometime before noon on the 10th.
Stopped in Walbridge, OH at 3:35 P on the 10th.
Stopped in Garrett Indiana in the afternoon on the 11th.
Still reporting there as of this writing, though the arrival time changed to an hour ago.

I'm hoping it'll pick up a lot of pace soon. Right now it's taking about a day to go 2 to 4 hours' drive for each leg.
Yes, it's the former. "Gibson" is actually in Hammond, IN, and it's part of the Indiana Harbor Belt Railroad (IHB). It's used to classify railcars of new autos into blocks for western destinations. I guess that process is why our railcars stay at Gibson for a couple of days.

Last edited:

friethmiller

Everglades
First Name
Fred
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2013 F-150, 1974 Porsche 914, 1974 Porsche 914 LE
Your Bronco Model
Everglades
Clubs

Just got my tear tag 😀. I’m a little under 3 hours from MAP here in Cleveland so hopefully shipping via convoy doesn’t take very long.
Nice! Mine too! Have a Tear Tag and a Pizza Tracker status change to 'Built' with a 1/11/2023 date. No emails or, dare I say it, any picture(s).

johnavp1989

Badlands
First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2006 Jeep Rubicon
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Tear tag just showed up. No pizza tracker update yet but I'm sure that's just a matter of time. Here's hoping there are no shipping hold ups!

Sponsored

beechdriver

Wildtrak
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
F150 FX4
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Just in case this is helpful info for others. I had a 12/19 blend date with modules and tear tag before the holiday break. However, while other 12/19 blends were getting their ship dates, my status still showed "scheduled for production". I just spoke to my dealer who told me there is a hold for chip availability. He advised me to expect a February ship date.

friethmiller

Everglades
First Name
Fred
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2013 F-150, 1974 Porsche 914, 1974 Porsche 914 LE
Your Bronco Model
Everglades
Clubs

Just in case this is helpful info for others. I had a 12/19 blend date with modules and tear tag before the holiday break. However, while other 12/19 blends were getting their ship dates, my status still showed "scheduled for production". I just spoke to my dealer who told me there is a hold for chip availability. He advised me to expect a February ship date.
Good to know! So if you get a Built status with a date, could that mean that you're not on a 'chip hold'?

Sponsored

ths0002

Outer Banks
First Name
Tom
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Bronco OBX 2.7L
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

Called Ford and got my rail car number, so I wandered over to the Tracker page for the rail car tracking instructions...wow...the CSX voice recognition is a disaster. I found this on the Maverick sister website after a quick Google search and works like a charm.

For step 3 below, T = number 8 on the touchpad, then 1 for the first number (TUV) on 8. Continue with the remaining letters, then #. So T (81) T (81) G (41) X (92) #

Remember do not stay on to talk with a person.​
1. Call CSX: 1-800-235-2352​
2. The first voice prompt: enter 1#.​
(for location)​
3. Enter Letter code. TTGX becomes​
81814192 #​
4. Then enter the number part of you rail car ID.​
And then enter #​
5. At the next voice prompt enter ## (same as saying "done")​
Listen for the location information.​
When done, hang up.​
Just checked this, and it says the railcar is empty in Nashville, TN as of 1/12!!

RedorBlue

Badlands
First Name
Troy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
97 TJ / Ford F150/ 17 Grand Cherokee
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

12-21 blend date- 873/1130
Dealer just text me updated information I am built awaiting shipment( estimated 1/18-1/24 arrival). Ship by truck. NO tear tag modules popped

Xjeepowner

Base
First Name
Randy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
18 Camaro 16 JKU Rubicon
Your Bronco Model
Base
Just checked mine this morning and it just left Phillipsburg Tx at 8:53.
I'm in North Houston so it should be in Houston by this evening.
Then it's wait time for the transport to pick it up and take it to the dealer.
I'm getting excited!!!! It's only been a year.

johnavp1989

Badlands
First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2006 Jeep Rubicon
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Ford chat just confirmed that my vehicle is also on a chip hold (hence no built status despite having a tear tag). They provided an estimated delivery date of 1/20 -1/26 but that seems optimistic given the hold. :confused:
Sponsored