Cole
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'22 Bronco Badlands
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

@IAG Performance should likely be tagged to offer their two cents...
Yep that's fine. I would like to see if they have any insight into what is the problem besides talking to customer service. CS has been great so far.

TenSeven

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Bronco Badlands
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
My raptor steps don't rust.
That is because they are made of aluminum.

...feel more like they used line x on them so they don't slip and feel indestructible...
Yes, you can use rattle can truck bed liner to touch them up if they get scratched. Worked great on mine.

Lak34ers

Big Bend
First Name
Troy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
F150
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
Clubs

That is because they are made of aluminum.

Yes, you can use rattle can truck bed liner to touch them up if they get scratched. Worked great on mine.
Steel. Like these.

Screenshot_20220708-161330_eBay.jpg

Sponsored

IAG Performance

Wildtrak
Squatch Sponsor (Level 3)
First Name
JJ
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.iagperformance.com
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ford Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Thank you for tagging us in this thread. The reality is rust is going to happen, much like what many of the posters have commented on so far. Our customer service team did request the OP send his steps back to us, as the rate that the rust staining occurred was what really caught our eye. We did change the powder coating and the process so we wanted to take a look at these and make sure that the OPs fell under that original process. Even with the original powder coating and process, we have seen very very few of these types of issues and that was not the key driving force for making that change. Please reach out to our customer service team at [email protected] if you have any concerns with your individual steps. Keep in mind, over time occasional touch-ups may be required to prevent rusting. Especially if the powder coat gets scratched by rocks, road debris, etc.

OP
OP
ColeTrain84

ColeTrain84

Badlands
First Name
Cole
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'22 Bronco Badlands
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Thank you for tagging us in this thread. The reality is rust is going to happen, much like what many of the posters have commented on so far. Our customer service team did request the OP send his steps back to us, as the rate that the rust staining occurred was what really caught our eye. We did change the powder coating and the process so we wanted to take a look at these and make sure that the OPs fell under that original process. Even with the original powder coating and process, we have seen very very few of these types of issues and that was not the key driving force for making that change. Please reach out to our customer service team at [email protected] if you have any concerns with your individual steps. Keep in mind, over time occasional touch-ups may be required to prevent rusting. Especially if the powder coat gets scratched by rocks, road debris, etc.
Absolutely. Like i said if i had them for a year and they made it thru a MN winter with some rust id understand but this was less than 3 weeks and that seemed like an awfully quick turn to rusting. I'm not mad and i love the steps and IAG has been great about dealing with it. I was mostly curious if anyone else had them doing that. Is there a recommended touch up paint for them?

KcOUTLaw

Badlands
First Name
Brian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2014 Ford fusion
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
I've had the full size ones for one week and already started rusting in those same spots and the screws that secure the IAG name plate. I put some heavy grease on the seams hoping to stop the rusting.

VictoryLights

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Honda Pilot
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Ugh. Those are too expensive to look like that.

Sponsored
OP
OP
ColeTrain84

ColeTrain84

Badlands
First Name
Cole
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'22 Bronco Badlands
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

IAG sent me a new set and the coating, especially in the cracks, seems a LOT heavier. I'm hoping they hold up now. I missed having them on the rig :D

greenmachine343

Banned
Badlands
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
IAG sent me a new set and the coating, especially in the cracks, seems a LOT heavier. I'm hoping they hold up now. I missed having them on the rig :D
my rust went away lol

idk what this was

Michael Grasso

Badlands
First Name
Michael
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ford Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Customer service at IAG is great, they swapped out my pair that was rusting and I dropped the new ones off at a friends shop to get Line-X’d. No worries now!

Ford Bronco IAG V2 steps rusting 04AEA442-938D-4D77-9D7A-E4F66B987349

Eddie_bower

Base
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
92 bronco
Your Bronco Model
Base
This is why I don’t buy steel from China that goes on vehicle or cheap steel products.

I’ve made the mistake once with bumpers, never again.

it’s awful having a year old vehicle with bumpers and rails all rusted.

Factory rails don’t sound so bad

RELEGATION BATTLE

Black Diamond
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Bronco (2-dr.)
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
This is why I don’t buy steel from China that goes on vehicle or cheap steel products.

I’ve made the mistake once with bumpers, never again.

it’s awful having a year old vehicle with bumpers and rails all rusted.

Factory rails don’t sound so bad
You’re exactly right. I learned the same lesson with Rust Country products for my Jeep—never again. After 1 year on my Jeep, you could easily pick-out the aftermarket parts installed on it by simply locating the rust—front light bar, springs, brackets for light mounts, lift, sway bar, etc… Aftermarket = Rust.

There’s just a higher level of quality that goes along with OEM material—that’s why it’s OEM material. And yes, it will cost more. And yes, it too, will rust, but much later.
Sponsored