Cole
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'22 Bronco Badlands
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Mine started rusting under 2 weeks into owning them(june 2022) and i had them replaced from IAG because mine was from an early batch. As far as i know i was the first to return them due to this. My replacement pair have started as well but we salt the shit out of our roads here in MN so its not totally abnormal. That being said it sucks to see them rust so quick. I'll try coating come spring. If i keep having issues with them i'll get AR ones next as they are billet aluminum. Way more expensive but maybe worth it
Sponsored

BronkedUp413

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
13 Volvo S-60, 13 Ford Fusion, 16 Subaru Outback
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Interesting, I have a similar issue on mine which were shipped in very early May. We otherwise like the steps a lot. I posted in a different thread before I saw this one but it seems others had this issue with "early" orders? Its good to see IAG responding here so I will shoot them an email with some photos.

Biggwrm

First Edition
First Name
Orran
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Raptor
Your Bronco Model
First Edition
Unfortunately I noticed my full lengths rusting today. Received in July. I mean I live in Cali, think its probably a bit soon for it. 🤷🏻‍♂️
Ford Bronco IAG steps rusting after a month? 6919AD72-FABB-41DA-958A-E1B539FCDF26

ColeTrain84

Badlands
First Name
Cole
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'22 Bronco Badlands
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

All 4 look like this(new replacement batch)again after 3 months of winter and only driven 1 or 2 times per week... I may pull them and have them powder coated locally and sell them. This is pretty ridiculous. They looked brand new in November

20230203_113036.jpg

IAG Performance

Wildtrak
Squatch Sponsor (Level 3)
First Name
JJ
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.iagperformance.com
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ford Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
All 4 look like this(new replacement batch)again after 3 months of winter and only driven 1 or 2 times per week... I may pull them and have them powder coated locally and sell them. This is pretty ridiculous. They looked brand new in November
We will get you taken care of. I'm sorry that it happened, but we will make it right. There are a number of changes we have made to our procedures during fabrication as well as process changes at the powder coating facility to prevent these issues from happening. Unfortunately, your replacements went out before the final few of those changes were implemented. I completely understand your frustration and would feel the same way if I was in your shoes. Please reach out to us at [email protected] so that we can assist. We absolutely want you to get the enjoyment you should out of your steps and have worked extremely hard to make sure this is rectified moving forward.

Sponsored

TRACKTOY

Badlands
First Name
ANDRÉ
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
F150 LARIAT CREW C. 3.5L ÉCO 2022+ BRONCO BL.2023
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

helloJames (Team IAG support)

At our next meeting at the end of April, I wanted to ask you: why don't you offer your running boards made of stainless steel????

YOU HAVE ALL THE TOOLS TO MAKE THEM!
I already have running boards in SS and 15 years later they are in new condition.. YES it would be more expensive but that's what I would like to buy,
we'll discuss the price at our next meeting.
tracktoy

kimmnen

Badlands
First Name
Kim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Transit Connect & '22 Bronco Badlands
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
We will get you taken care of. I'm sorry that it happened, but we will make it right. There are a number of changes we have made to our procedures during fabrication as well as process changes at the powder coating facility to prevent these issues from happening. Unfortunately, your replacements went out before the final few of those changes were implemented. I completely understand your frustration and would feel the same way if I was in your shoes. Please reach out to us at [email protected] so that we can assist. We absolutely want you to get the enjoyment you should out of your steps and have worked extremely hard to make sure this is rectified moving forward.
IAG Performance was very supportive to get my early rusting issue resolved. I noticed the changes in the design of my replacements which look to avoid future issues by enabling a more uniform powder coating. It looks like the step frame and step surface are now coated separately and then assembled together. I recently received and installed my replacements so time will tell as to how they will weather, but they will get regular maintenance/washing with my vehicle so I will do my part.

52654286306_198ffe6b23_k.jpg

52654766178_afcc9a3d7b_k.jpg

52654286376_25b5491d2f_k.jpg

52653793232_0a7bbe66d9_k.jpg

Michael Grasso

Badlands
First Name
Michael
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ford Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Got mine exchanged a few days ago, brought them in and had them Line-X’d. No more problems.
Ford Bronco IAG steps rusting after a month? 148543B3-B73B-475E-85FE-F87F514CB938

CowboyKid

Black Diamond
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Bronco 4DR
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Got mine exchanged a few days ago, brought them in and had them Line-X’d. No more problems.

[/QUOTE]

Probably the thing to do. But we shouldn't have to.

CowboyKid

Black Diamond
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Bronco 4DR
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Some have this problem, some don't. Okay, but nobody should have it. The "get a rattle can" responses are the typically presumptive know-it-all "you must be too lazy and entitled to accept bad quality" kind of response we see so often. Of course, anything powder coated can and will chip in time with use, but that does not address or excuse shoddy quality. Of course, we are thankful that the steps help prevent rock chips (and door dings) in the body paint, but emphasizing one positive doesn't eliminate the negative. So that's really not the point.

The EZ Step is a product specifically made for a vehicle specifically designed for dirt roads and offroading. The step should be sufficiently robust to handle exposure to the elements and at least minimal gravel. If it isn't, IAG should tell us so in its advertising, and we can buy something else, or at least modify it (see the bedliner approach above). But we bought these and it is reasoanble to expect them to perform reasonably well.

The design itself is attractive and practical, and why it was made with shoddy materials and sold with a boilerplate disclaimer that powder coating isn't warranted - when my rock rails have no rust at all - is hard to understand. The IAG excuse-making ("We don't do the powdercoating...") is disheartening. IAG is making external structural auto parts but not subjecting them to ASTM testing? Amazing. My EZ Steps have rust in areas rocks cannot reach (as well as in spots that they can), despite mud flaps, after 9 months of mostly freeway miles and two trips over the mountains in mild winter conditions. Having lived in snow country, I hose down the undercarriage after every trip that exposes it to road treatment. Living near the ocean now, I wash the car frequently.

The good news: IAG seems to be making improvements to its product and addressing customer concerns. I am awaiting IAG support's response next week.

IMG_9229.JPG

IMG_9230.JPG

IMG_9242.JPG

IMG_9244.JPG

Sponsored

Nobroncoyet

Base
First Name
Ohh
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford
Your Bronco Model
Base
This guys don't make them, they import them from China. Correct?

Bad-Daddy-Lands

Badlands
First Name
Todd
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
‘23 Bronco, ‘21 F250, ‘96 911/993
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Made in USA is what’s advertised.

Dieseldaddy66

Badlands
First Name
Jeff
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1960 Ranchero, 1988 Mustang, 1991 F150, 2004 Explo
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

IAG replaced my 2door steps with no issues after six months. They even sent me the new ones first and I shipped the old steps back in the box the new ones came in. Great company to work with.

IAG Performance

Wildtrak
Squatch Sponsor (Level 3)
First Name
JJ
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.iagperformance.com
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ford Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Some have this problem, some don't. Okay, but nobody should have it. The "get a rattle can" responses are the typically presumptive know-it-all "you must be too lazy and entitled to accept bad quality" kind of response we see so often. Of course, anything powder coated can and will chip in time with use, but that does not address or excuse shoddy quality. Of course, we are thankful that the steps help prevent rock chips (and door dings) in the body paint, but emphasizing one positive doesn't eliminate the negative. So that's really not the point.

The EZ Step is a product specifically made for a vehicle specifically designed for dirt roads and offroading. The step should be sufficiently robust to handle exposure to the elements and at least minimal gravel. If it isn't, IAG should tell us so in its advertising, and we can buy something else, or at least modify it (see the bedliner approach above). But we bought these and it is reasoanble to expect them to perform reasonably well.

The design itself is attractive and practical, and why it was made with shoddy materials and sold with a boilerplate disclaimer that powder coating isn't warranted - when my rock rails have no rust at all - is hard to understand. The IAG excuse-making ("We don't do the powdercoating...") is disheartening. IAG is making external structural auto parts but not subjecting them to ASTM testing? Amazing. My EZ Steps have rust in areas rocks cannot reach (as well as in spots that they can), despite mud flaps, after 9 months of mostly freeway miles and two trips over the mountains in mild winter conditions. Having lived in snow country, I hose down the undercarriage after every trip that exposes it to road treatment. Living near the ocean now, I wash the car frequently.

The good news: IAG seems to be making improvements to its product and addressing customer concerns. I am awaiting IAG support's response next week.
Trust us, we aren't pleased to see the powder coating fail either. As you mentioned, we are continuing to address this in both design, material, assembly, and powder coating processes. We have subjected these to ASTM testing, and the new changes have made substantial improvements in the results. We absolutely stand behind our products and are actively working with any of our customers who have experienced an issue to get this rectified. The last step in the improvement process is moving the powder coating in-house with an automated powder coating line so that we have ultimate control over the level of finish we are putting out. This comes at great expense to us but is necessary in order to continue to offer the level of quality that IAG is known for in the automotive aftermarket. Please, if you have an issue with your steps or even just want to discuss other product ideas, feedback, etc do not hesitate to reach out to us. We are just as much a part of the Bronco community as we are a vendor and we want to help support each and every one of you.

CowboyKid

Black Diamond
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Bronco 4DR
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Many thanks to IAG for stepping up (pun intended) to rectify their manufacturing process and promising to replace my steps. This is how it should be done.
Sponsored