Black Diamond
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2003 Mach 1, 2016 F150
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

Customer service at IAG is great, they swapped out my pair that was rusting and I dropped the new ones off at a friends shop to get Line-X’d. No worries now!

04AEA442-938D-4D77-9D7A-E4F66B987349.jpeg

How much do they charge to linex stuff like this? I want a set of the stirrups and Id like to get them linexed too. That looks great!
Sponsored

Michael Grasso

Badlands
First Name
Michael
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ford Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

How much do they charge to linex stuff like this? I want a set of the stirrups and Id like to get them linexed too. That looks great!
Guess it depends on your local place. I paid over $350

Bruinsfan

Badlands
First Name
Fury
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
My Bronco has been in my possession for 4 weeks. Its seen rain twice and washed only a couple times. Drivers side is already rusting and the passengers side just started. IAG has been in contact with me about sending them back but keep an eye on yours if you have them. These won't last a winter in any states that get snow or the state uses salt. I'm not mad at IAG or starting this to bash them as they've been in contact and good about it. I'm more concerned if more people are having the same issue. I used one pair(box) on the drivers side and one pair on the passengers side so i know it wasn't just one pair. I've tried scrubbing it off with a soft brush and it doesn't come off so its definitely not dirt. I'm going to pull them off and send them back, today hopefully, and hoping the replacements don't do it too. Just keep an eye out on yours if you get some. I'm not sure if they coat them in house or outsource them but the coating needs to be more durable than that. I'm not buying $600 steps every year to replace them. I wonder if they weld all the way around the top plate if it may fix the issue. i wonder if stepping on them makes the top plate rub against the tubes and then they rust. The one that's the most rusty is the drivers side front one, which is used the most of all 4. The 2nd worst one is the drivers side rear one, which is the 2nd most used(son getting in back). The ones that are the best are the least used.

rust1.jpg

rust2.jpg

rust3.jpg

rust4.jpg
Ditto!! Just two weeks old and a small amount of rust is starting to appear on my AIG V2 steps. I with went AIG because I refused to spend nearly twice this for aluminum. Folks, if you can swing the added cost, I would suggest buying aluminum from a competitor. Sorry AIG, great looking steps, but your metal steps cannot handle wet New England weather.

Last edited:

Dmorty217

Black Diamond
First Name
Derek
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Camery
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
I live in SW Florida and have had mine since June with no rusting at all. Not sure how some of you have rusting after a few weeks? If all else fails get them powder coated, will still cost less than aluminum steps

MudMonsterRacin

Black Diamond
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2003 Mach 1, 2016 F150
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

Maybe IAG could offer sets sprayed with Linex at an additional cost. Id definitely be interest in that.

Sponsored
OP
OP
ColeTrain84

ColeTrain84

Badlands
First Name
Cole
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'22 Bronco Badlands '07 Grand Prix GXP
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

i got their V3 this last week(2nd replacement set) and they changed the design where the top plate and tube are coated separately then riveted together. I'll use this set and if they have issues again i'll have them set to my local linex place and have them coated that way instead.

Area51BS

Badlands
First Name
Ron
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Badlands non SAS 4dr 2.3
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
My full length are looking good. Had since end of last year and live on the coast of FL. No rust except a small spot where they were gouged. Going to mix some rust”O” with some grit and touch the small spot up.

thewedge

Wildtrak
First Name
Joby
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Bronco WIldtrak Sasquatch
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Mine are rusting....eh. Going to pitch them and the rock rails in the next couple weeks and get the AMP Research retractable steps or the Go Rhino E1.

Last edited:

Dialtone

Big Bend
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco Big Bend Mid
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
Totally different. The only cure for rust bleed is to make it out of plastic. One could also try a black polyurethane paintable caulk.
I'm under the assumption that aluminum doesn't rust. Aluminum likely has more structural strength at the same thickness as plastic.

Gtrekker

Wildtrak
First Name
Gary
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Braptor, Audi, M1102 Overland Trailer 2-B
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

Thought I'd chime in here....

The powder coatings we get on our parts never seem to hold up and rust starts bleeding in...

Every bracket, skid plate, bumpers, and steps I've installed, have been sprayed with Bed Liner. No rust and still looks good.

Works great as an undercoating as well...👍👍

Sponsored
OP
OP
ColeTrain84

ColeTrain84

Badlands
First Name
Cole
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'22 Bronco Badlands '07 Grand Prix GXP
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I got the V3 after my original(V1) and replacement V2 set rusted. V3 hasn't rusted at all

GRB1959

Badlands
First Name
Gordon
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ford Edge ST, 2024 Ford Bronco Badlands
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
I got the V3 after my original(V1) and replacement V2 set rusted. V3 hasn't rusted at all
I ordered IAG running boards for my 2-door Badlands Bronco on Feb. 3 and they arrived on Feb. 8. I am assuming that these new running boards would be V3. Is this a correct assumption?

I had read on this forum where IAG had previously outsourced the powder coating process, but it sounded like they now perform this process in house as of late summer of 2023.

I have only had my running boards installed for 4 weeks now and they look and perform very well. Hopefully the rust problem that some folks were experiencing with earlier versions is no longer an issue.

Beach_Bum

Black Diamond
First Name
Ken
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Black Diamond Bronco, 2023 Outerbanks Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

I ordered IAG running boards for my 2-door Badlands Bronco on Feb. 3 and they arrived on Feb. 8. I am assuming that these new running boards would be V3. Is this a correct assumption?

I had read on this forum where IAG had previously outsourced the powder coating process, but it sounded like they now perform this process in house as of late summer of 2023.

I have only had my running boards installed for 4 weeks now and they look and perform very well. Hopefully the rust problem that some folks were experiencing with earlier versions is no longer an issue.
There were two separate rust issues. Early versions (V1, V2, V3) the powder coat process had trapped contaminants causing the underlying metal to rust under the powder coat. Then there are issues with the powder coat getting chipped in which case the bare metal will rust. IAG has still warrantied both cases. But they really should only be expected to warranty the first instance.

If and when powder coat fails (rocks getting flung up from the tires), the owner should realize that maintenance is required. Someone suggested earlier to use bed liner.

People need to accept that powder coat isn't impervious.
Sponsored