Sponsored

FORD BUILDS LEMONS 🍋 **BOUGHT FROM LEIF JOHNSON BRAND NEW** LJ did all mods prior to purchase claiming Saleen did them

Status
Not open for further replies.

omi205

Badlands
First Name
BoJack
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Bronco Badlands Sasquatch
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

GUYS. CHILL THE F OUT. Take it easy. Reading through this thread would make one think its the Crucible and the forum is on a witch hunt and OP is the witch.

Clearly OP got himself into a pickle. We have all been there. We all make mistakes.

OP. This is the only advice I can give you that will make you feel better and it's not going to help much. But it's the truth. Take it as a learning experience. If you read my other posts comments, you will notice that I despise car dealerships. I hate them. It's the reason I love Tesla. Not because they make electric cars. No. Because everyone gets charged the exact same price. No mater what. You will never worry about getting F'ed the World Over...Like they did you on this one. Thats also why I sing praises when a good truthful dealership is around (like Granger). You're just going to have to learn from this and apply the criticism on your next car purchase. Always grill what any car sales guy tells. It's 99% BS. And the 1% that isn't is because they are legally required to tell you that 1% in truth.

The dealership has zero incentive to take that car back. They never will. It's a sunk cost for them. As others have said, they hit a grand slam on your purchase. Unfortunately at your expense. You gotta do your homework man. They will also not repair it at their cost. You might have to try and speak with an attorney about the matter to at the very least cover all expenses and in a best case scenario somehow buy the loan back from you. Which would be a huge loss for them.

On the other hand Ford is thinking "this isn't a Bronco anymore". It's been so heavily modified that they can't make anything on it or even break even. Maybe if it were stock, they could try to do something. Thats probably why they are having such a hard time getting you a price. They are thinking...ok it's supposed to be a Badlands, the most it can cost is high 60s, let's say the window sticker was $69,500 before all the mods. Thats the best they will give. Unfortunately. I could be wrong. Hope I am. They would be extravagantly out of pocket if they purchased your entire loan, is basically what I am saying.

I'll be following. Keep us posted. Hope it turns out in your favor. Have some patience. But talk to an attorney at the very least.

About the Ford thing. I can't talk about reliablity. Hopefully one day. Its my first Ford. But I LOVE IT. Went from VW to Lexus to Jeep to the Bronco. Easily my favorite. Your case is clearly an odd ball case. I am on the forum often...this is the first time I have read something like this. It's not Fords fault. But your sentiment is understandable. I would be jaded too, and want someone, something to blame. I get it. Cheers. Good luck.

MNBigfoot

Base
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
F150
Your Bronco Model
Base
.......... If you read my other posts comments, you will notice that I despise car dealerships. I hate them. It's the reason I love Tesla. Not because they make electric cars. No. Because everyone gets charged the exact same price. No mater what. You will never worry about getting F'ed the World Over...Like they did you on this one.
Meanwhile Tesla has 1.5 million people waiting for their Cybertrucks that were supposed to begin production in 2021. LOL

omi205

Badlands
First Name
BoJack
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Bronco Badlands Sasquatch
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Meanwhile Tesla has 1.5 million people waiting for their Cybertrucks that were supposed to begin production in 2021. LOL
Im actually a reservation holder. Not sure if ill keep it. I dont mind the delay. Its not like im waiting on it. Would rather have them get it figured out and tested. As opposed to shipping faulty products. But yah they definitely took allot longer then expected 🤣. Crazy 🤪 elon got sidetracked with the dang blue bird.

Last edited:

Bronco1971

Wildtrak
First Name
Bob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Lots
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

GUYS. CHILL THE F OUT. Take it easy. Reading through this thread would make one think its the Crucible and the forum is on a witch hunt and OP is the witch.

Clearly OP got himself into a pickle. We have all been there. We all make mistakes.

OP. This is the only advice I can give you that will make you feel better and it's not going to help much. But it's the truth. Take it as a learning experience. If you read my other posts comments, you will notice that I despise car dealerships. I hate them. It's the reason I love Tesla. Not because they make electric cars. No. Because everyone gets charged the exact same price. No mater what. You will never worry about getting F'ed the World Over...Like they did you on this one. Thats also why I sing praises when a good truthful dealership is around (like Granger). You're just going to have to learn from this and apply the criticism on your next car purchase. Always grill what any car sales guy tells. It's 99% BS. And the 1% that isn't is because they are legally required to tell you that 1% in truth.

The dealership has zero incentive to take that car back. They never will. It's a sunk cost for them. As others have said, they hit a grand slam on your purchase. Unfortunately at your expense. You gotta do your homework man. They will also not repair it at their cost. You might have to try and speak with an attorney about the matter to at the very least cover all expenses and in a best case scenario somehow buy the loan back from you. Which would be a huge loss for them.

On the other hand Ford is thinking "this isn't a Bronco anymore". It's been so heavily modified that they can't make anything on it or even break even. Maybe if it were stock, they could try to do something. Thats probably why they are having such a hard time getting you a price. They are thinking...ok it's supposed to be a Badlands, the most it can cost is high 60s, let's say the window sticker was $69,500 before all the mods. Thats the best they will give. Unfortunately. I could be wrong. Hope I am. They would be extravagantly out of pocket if they purchased your entire loan, is basically what I am saying.

I'll be following. Keep us posted. Hope it turns out in your favor. Have some patience. But talk to an attorney at the very least.

About the Ford thing. I can't talk about reliablity. Hopefully one day. Its my first Ford. But I LOVE IT. Went from VW to Lexus to Jeep to the Bronco. Easily my favorite. Your case is clearly an odd ball case. I am on the forum often...this is the first time I have read something like this. It's not Fords fault. But your sentiment is understandable. I would be jaded too, and want someone, something to blame. I get it. Cheers. Good luck.
To expand, OP needs to do quite a bit of homework based upon what we've heard so far. There appear to be at least three players involved in creating this Bronco. He'll need to learn who did what and who paid for that work to be done. From there who is warranting the various parts and/or labor. There will be work orders, invoices and payment records. This is not going to be easy and may involve an attorney and a judge.

To be clear, this is not a Bronco that is available in this form from Ford, who bear only the responsibility for their unmolested work. Any other downstream work needs to be determined.

It might be interesting to know what the lender thinks on this, and how went about financing this heavily modified vehicle as a new dealership sale.

Last edited:

Sponsored

LowerSlowerDelaware

Base
First Name
Lee
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Subaru Outback, Chevy S10 Ram 3500
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

Wait a minute! We Bronco Owners are Men And Women of Science and Intellect

If the OP was a Witch as you say than we would not have conducted a Witch Hunt like some Jeep Forum.

We would have conducted our tried and true Witch Inquiry using our normal B6G scientific investigative methods.

BEC0B557-D621-4149-92C6-34A91F4D7D03.png

LowerSlowerDelaware

Base
First Name
Lee
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Subaru Outback, Chevy S10 Ram 3500
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

If the Stealership falsely claimed that the Bronco was a “Saleen Bronco” then any Dallas Lawyer should have an easy win in court plus have a possible client in Saleen for trademark infringement.

Bugkillah

Base
First Name
Keith
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep Wrangler, Nissan 370Z Nismo, Nissan Frontier
Your Bronco Model
Base
Mis-wired at the least. I hope when they get the replacement parts that they don’t wire it the same, or it’ll burn up again.

j_marinelli

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Interesting enough, this dealer was offering a "Saleen" Bronco in March of last year:

Ford Bronco FORD BUILDS LEMONS 🍋 **BOUGHT FROM LEIF JOHNSON BRAND NEW** LJ did all mods prior to purchase claiming Saleen did them Screenshot 2023-04-29 054032

One of the pictures they posted caught my eye:
Ford Bronco FORD BUILDS LEMONS 🍋 **BOUGHT FROM LEIF JOHNSON BRAND NEW** LJ did all mods prior to purchase claiming Saleen did them 274824799_5657056430976159_7241807465446252795_n

Striping had a "SV-TR" on it which after a search is a package from a company, Xenon, which just happens to be out of Round Rock (less then 20 miles from dealer).
https://shop.teamxenon.com/pages/ford-bronco

Sponsored

BroncoA512021

Outer Banks
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.facebook.com
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ford Bronco OBX
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

I saved up for three years to buy my dream Bronco. I bought it brand new from Leif Johnson Ford in Austin Texas.

I paid $80k and after 500 miles it completely died. The battery junction box failed and burnt out. I have made zero upgrades to the vehicle and bought it from Leif Johnson as is paying $30k over sticker price.

It has been in the shop for 5 months with no timeline on when the part will become available. I have been making $1200 payments for 5 months. The best I got for a rental was a base f150 with cloth seats.

Neither Leif Johnson or Ford has done anything to show any empathy - ZERO.

Ford Legal offered a buy-back but is taking months even to offer any numbers/offers.

I will never buy a Ford again, they have gone so downhill from Corporate to the dealerships.

Such a shame since I grew up in Michigan thinking so highly of Ford as a company.

Ford Bronco FORD BUILDS LEMONS 🍋 **BOUGHT FROM LEIF JOHNSON BRAND NEW** LJ did all mods prior to purchase claiming Saleen did them 274824799_5657056430976159_7241807465446252795_n
30k over LOL.

greybrutus61

Big Bend
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
toyota tundra
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
What I could have gotten 24 k badging ! I take it back you got a great deal !

Cheshire

Banned
Base
Banned
Banned
First Name
Steven
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
4Dr Bronco BaseSquatch 2.7L
Your Bronco Model
Base
Not sure what is more ridonkulous,

1) paying $30k over sticker for that softtop monstrosity

2) signing up for a $1200/mo car payment

Declare bankruptcy and give it back!

chaosrob

Black Diamond
First Name
Robert
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
go to car-parts.com and buy the parts you need from the salvage yard, bring to dealer for install. If dealer will not install tow to local indy shop.
Sponsored

Status
Not open for further replies.