Sponsored

FORD BUILDS LEMONS 🍋 **BOUGHT FROM LEIF JOHNSON BRAND NEW** LJ did all mods prior to purchase claiming Saleen did them

Status
Not open for further replies.

GeoBig

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Ford Bronco, 1974 MG Midget
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
I have to agree with others -- when I saw "battery junction box failed" and then looked at the 10 (or more) after-market lights + winch on the front, I'm more inclined to blame the dealer/seller than Ford.
Sponsored

joe_r95

Outer Banks
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
09 F150, 15 escape. 67 scout
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Well, you definitely got hosed on the price, and it's been through a mod shop. I'm a for Tech, and have had vehicles down for extended periods of time due to parts issues. The record so far is 14 months for an ABS module on a car with less than 1k miles. A lot of parts we look up are back ordered no eta currently, and ford cant seem to get enough parts to build cars.

To those blaming the mods on burning up the fuse box. Maybe yes, maybe no. I can't diagnose it from the picture. Recent years have seen a lot of blower motors melting them on Expeditions, Super duty's, and Econolines. Water intrusion is super duty's has also killed more than a few. Dont rule out a 1 off bad part, our electronics arent as good as they were pre pandemic.

Not sure lemon law applies here because it's only been in for service once. Check your local laws on that. Your best bet is to start a case with Ford customer service. Dont mention Lawyers at all and be mostly nice to them, but do bug them a lot. Also contact another parts department and see if the part is really non existent. In extreme cases we are aloud to obtain parts under warranty from outside sources if they don't exist from ford, so salvage maybe an option here. That would take a conversation with the service manager, but there are some totaled ones out there car-part.com is a good locator. The service department has nothing to with the sale and likely nothing to do with those mod's so be mostly nice but do contact them frequently for updates. Cars that sit out back for a while get forgotten, and repeated contacts will make them want your car to go away as fast as possible.

I think if ford does a buy back it would be at msrp so that's likely something you don't want unless you can get the selling dealer to do it. All else fails Lawyer up and sue the dealer for lying to you during the sales process and price gouging. A big dealer would probably just buy it back to make you go away.

2023bronco

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Dealer claimed mods were done by Saleen? You didn't get documentation of that before buying it?

Good luck OP. It seems like a person would be better off from a warranty/service standpoint buying a Bronco that was modded by the dealership, but the stealerships are all in it for the money and can't be trusted. 80 grand for a dealer modded Bronco :-(

lrtexasman

Black Diamond
First Name
Larry
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 BL traded for 23 Tundra waiting on BD Order
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
The Bronco is built how you like it. You will get MSRP back from lemon law but lose out on the ADM and mods. Looks like best choice is to wait it out. I'd ask for an extended warranty due to the misrepresentation on the mods and issues.

Sponsored

Southern Girl

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1974 Bronco/2023 Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Apparently some people are buying modded Broncos and not realizing. For example, the other day I was asking a guy about the Ranger wheels on his Bronco, and he was convinced the wheels were stock Bronco wheels.
I saw some dude on another forum asking about his "badlands" that he wanted to buy and it had the stock obx wheels and tires on it. He had 0 clues that the badlands has a different size wheel and much different tires.

RustysBronco

Badlands
First Name
Matt "Rusty" R.
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.instagram.com
Vehicle(s)
2022 Ford Bronco Badlands Sasquatch
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

No I have been waiting 5 months for Ford to buy it back since they can't send the part. Paying $1200 each month in payments.
No one had a gun to your head when you signed the F&I contract with the $1,200 payments. Right?

I'll sell you the BJB I replaced on my OBX to install my upfitter switches. Pros: it'll get you back on the road temporarily until the dealer can get parts in stock. Cons: won't have upfitter switch support.

Last edited:

lakesinai

Outer Banks
First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco 4dr OBX MIC 2.7 Rear Locker A51 Roast
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

I saved up for three years to buy my dream Bronco. I bought it brand new from Leif Johnson Ford in Austin Texas.

I paid $80k and after 500 miles it completely died. The battery junction box failed and burnt out. I have made zero upgrades to the vehicle and bought it from Leif Johnson as is paying $30k over sticker price.

It has been in the shop for 5 months with no timeline on when the part will become available. I have been making $1200 payments for 5 months. The best I got for a rental was a base f150 with cloth seats.

Neither Leif Johnson or Ford has done anything to show any empathy - ZERO.

Ford Legal offered a buy-back but is taking months even to offer any numbers/offers.

I will never buy a Ford again, they have gone so downhill from Corporate to the dealerships.

Such a shame since I grew up in Michigan thinking so highly of Ford as a company.

Ford Bronco.jpg
Nope. Thats a bad headline for a start, surprised the @Administrator hasn't changed it. With all the aftermarket modifications on that car, thats not a Ford "lemon" issue but a dealer issue, and whoever "modified" the vehicle.

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Model X, Outlander
Your Bronco Model
Heritage
Clubs

Not sure what is more ridonkulous,

1) paying $30k over sticker for that softtop monstrosity

2) signing up for a $1200/mo car payment

Declare bankruptcy and give it back!
I work in car sales and I have some serious questions about the OP, but the second part isn't ridiculous. If it was $80k, and he had a $15-20k down payment, that puts him in about the $1200 range depending on credit rating and length of term. I see that payment range often when dealing with high-end F-150s.

recklesschewie

Black Diamond
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
VW Touareg - TDI
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Damn. Can't get over the monthly payment/MSRP. Love mine, but this thing just ain't worth all that.
I second this. No way I’d pay more than $750/month. Which is around the price I’ll be paying after it arrives.

Sponsored

mrandol

Raptor
First Name
Matt
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep Gladiator, Ram 1500
Your Bronco Model
Raptor
Clubs

I saved up for three years to buy my dream Bronco. I bought it brand new from Leif Johnson Ford in Austin Texas.

I paid $80k and after 500 miles it completely died. The battery junction box failed and burnt out. I have made zero upgrades to the vehicle and bought it from Leif Johnson as is paying $30k over sticker price.

It has been in the shop for 5 months with no timeline on when the part will become available. I have been making $1200 payments for 5 months. The best I got for a rental was a base f150 with cloth seats.

Neither Leif Johnson or Ford has done anything to show any empathy - ZERO.

Ford Legal offered a buy-back but is taking months even to offer any numbers/offers.

I will never buy a Ford again, they have gone so downhill from Corporate to the dealerships.

Such a shame since I grew up in Michigan thinking so highly of Ford as a company.

Ford Bronco.jpg
What exactly makes this a Saleen? Are there engine performance upgrades? No offense, but you probably could have done the same build for less.
Sorry you are having issues with Leif Johnson. My experience with their service department has been great. They have been the best dealership to work with as it relates to heavily modified performance vehicles. I have never had to worry about them denying service because of a tune, etc. I hope they get your stuff fixed soon.

recklesschewie

Black Diamond
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
VW Touareg - TDI
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Interesting enough, this dealer was offering a "Saleen" Bronco in March of last year:

Screenshot 2023-04-29 054032.png

One of the pictures they posted caught my eye:
274824799_5657056430976159_7241807465446252795_n.jpg

Striping had a "SV-TR" on it which after a search is a package from a company, Xenon, which just happens to be out of Round Rock (less then 20 miles from dealer).
https://shop.teamxenon.com/pages/ford-bronco
“24k gold plated.” Lol oh boy.

jarod7736

Badlands
First Name
Jarod
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Bronco Badlands
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
FWIW, my Bronco is ordered through Leif Johnson, i've had zero issues with their sales staff. Of course, i'm not buying a heavily modified Bronco.

Jeffola

Outer Banks
First Name
Jeff
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Bronco, 2023 Hyundai Santa-Fe, 2019 GT350
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

Lemon law differs from state to state. I had a car bought back after 8 weeks a part went bad ( it happens). That was January 19th. I had a buyback confirmation by February 10th. 30 days out of service is enough for a buyback. In my state (fl) you get back what you paid including payments.
Once you mention lawyers they will no longer talk to you.

go there. Ask for a status. Ask for diagnosis and cause. If ford said they’d buy it back contact ford. Get an escalation and move that ball forward.
If the issue was caused by the dealer or their agent (whoever modded it) they have a legal responsibility to make you whole.

one had two buybacks recently (talk about bad luck) one was a ford and the process took two weeks. The other was Hyundai that was over two months.

if you can’t get any answers, get a lemon law attorney. They know vehicle laws and can determine liability. You are entitled to EVERY PENNY YOU PAID OUT!!!! Attorney costs are usually recoverable.

best of luck my dude!

BeerForMyHorses

Base
First Name
Jared
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Bronco 2-Door
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

Yikes. With interest rates as high as they've been, that "$80k" Big Bend will cost a whole lot more if your financing payments cost $1200/month
Sponsored

Status
Not open for further replies.