Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Wrangler JLU Rubicon, 4Runner Trd Pro, Indian Chieftain, Indian Springfield
Your Bronco Model
First Edition
Clubs

I'm pretty sure if you ordered a new Bronco and didn't like it, the dealership wouldn't care if you backed out of the deal. They'll probably have a bunch of folks ready to buy it.
pushing.gif
Sponsored

Gman90

Base
First Name
Garrett
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2008 mustang gt500
Your Bronco Model
Base
This order goes against everything I always tell people. Buying it before you truly test drive it, and getting a first generation non people proven vehicle. I’m hoping because the rangers are doing fairly that the bronco will, but you bet I’m getting extended warranty.

Garemlin

Black Diamond
First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
---
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
I refuse to buy any vehicle sight unseen. Same goes for color. That's why I'm waiting it out. I want to see and hear real world users opinions, praises and complaints. Then I will go look at and test drive one and base my buying decision on my impressions. But also taking into consideration others impressions as well.

mostly harmless

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2012 RAM 1500
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
I confess I am having some concerns about placing my order in December. I have NEVER made a purchase of this magnitude ($50K plus) on something that I have not had the opportunity to experience in person first or at least see somewhere else.
Placing an order is not buying the vehicle. You will not be buying the Bronco until you pick it up from the dealer. You will have an opportunity to sit in and test drive the Bronco before signing the paperwork and completing the sale.

So I’m not too worried about ordering in December before I can see one in person. Am I worried about other things? Sure, but not that...

Maxw64

Big Bend
First Name
Max
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Nissan Frontier
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
Clubs

I think it is a good idea to drive a new crew cab ranger although not the same they are built on the same platform. I drove one last weekend with the 2.3L. I was pretty impressed with the vehicle. I am currently driving a Nissan Frontier with the v6. I think it was very comparable to that motor. It was roomy with good hip room. I am 6"1 and 275 and I had plenty of room in the cab. It was very comfortable. The test drive helped to ease my concerns about buying a unit sight unseen. There will be a lot of pressure to purchase the vehicle after you order it. But remember if you don't feel comfortable with the purchase after you drive it and see the bottom line it is your right to walk away. Like Vintage said above they will have plenty of other buyers stepping up to purchase the vehicle and they will most likely sell it to them at a higher markup.

Sponsored

TD723

Base
First Name
Todd
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Ram 1500, 2017 Jeep JKU
Your Bronco Model
Base
I’m hoping Ford will handle this kinda like Chevy did with the new C8. Have a 2 or 4 door we can at least sit in, have sample colors and a handful of accessories to look at. Get us all excited And wanting to spend a lot of cash before we place our orders.

mikeandmiki

Wildtrak
First Name
Michael
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'15 F-350 Platinum, '16 Challenger Hellcat
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
The way I look at it is if I don’t like it I’ll still buy it and I’ll sell it and make the mark up the dealer would make or at least something more than what I pay for it

Drinxxs04

Outer Banks
First Name
Anthony
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep Grand Cherokee
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

The only concern I have is I have noticed different modular bumpers that are labeled Ford Performance Modular Bumper. The question is what one will be on the Bronco? Will it be a choice between them? Or will I be surprised on delivery when it’s the one I didn’t want...lol
37AB6AD3-2E7B-4ABE-8C96-3DF8688EB0B1.jpeg
2EC7D22E-725A-479E-8F2D-8E89BC6EE61E.jpeg
F89BA50E-875E-4491-AB05-F9BEE36FD2DC.jpeg

Bronc-O

Outer Banks
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Lincoln Aviator
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
I confess I am having some concerns about placing my order in December. I have NEVER made a purchase of this magnitude ($50K plus) on something that I have not had the opportunity to experience in person first or at least see somewhere else. Don't get me wrong, I am a Die Hard Ford guy and have three Ford's in my garage at any given time but with something this new I have to take a giant leap of faith. Quality is not a concern I know it will be a great vehicle and its abundantly clear that Ford has done their homework on the Bronco. My larger concerns are things like how will I like the ergonomics, will it fit me well or be too small?

I am not even hung up on driving one first but I sure wish Ford would make vehicles available for people to see in person before the ordering process. I would be satisfied if there was some numbers of Broncos that were moved regionally to different dealers and the reservation holders could at least see them. Maybe a couple day windows at regional sites that you could just go look at them and maybe sit in it to see how you like it. No test drives necessary. I would be willing to drive 100 miles for that opportunity. That would go a LONG way increasing my comfort level on pulling the trigger in December.
I'm not worried. Since I may not get a chance to see or drive one before ordering, I'll simply order exactly what I want and decide if I want it when it arrives. My dealer assured me there would be no issue if I change my mind.

Outbound Exploration

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Chevy Sonic Hatchback RS, Looking to upgrade to Bronco*
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Honestly take your time with the PDI (Pre-Delivery Inspection) you can take as much time as you need before you sign the papers. Just like you and many others this will be our cherished toys and an escape for us to enjoy new adventures!

I'm looking forward to bumping into other owners on my day of delivery and sharing the excitement???

Sponsored

iamchewby

Badlands
First Name
Chewby
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

The only concern I have is I have noticed different modular bumpers that are labeled Ford Performance Modular Bumper. The question is what one will be on the Bronco? Will it be a choice between them? Or will I be surprised on delivery when it’s the one I didn’t want...lol
Ford Bronco Hesitant to Order Before Test Drive? F89BA50E-875E-4491-AB05-F9BEE36FD2DC
Ford Bronco Hesitant to Order Before Test Drive? F89BA50E-875E-4491-AB05-F9BEE36FD2DC
Those are actually all the same bumper, hence the "modular" moniker. The bottom picture is what will come from the factory. Top is the bottom pic with a taller bar attached to it, middle is the same with a shorter bar, winch attached and corners removed. If you select the modular bumper, you'll receive the bottom photo and it can be easily modified (using bolts) to match whichever combo you like. :)

LalasBronco

Badlands
First Name
Laura
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
69 Bronco (past), 74 Super Beetle, Ram, 70 MG
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I'm more worried about whether I will choose the right options. I know the basics like it will for sure be the OB with the high package. I'm hoping that the marine grade vinyl and washout flooring will be standalone options but without seeing those, I'm not really sure if that's what I truly want. Can I get a lift from the factory? Can I upgrade to slightly bigger tires? Will I like that height? So many unanswered questions for this Type A planning girl!

Drinxxs04

Outer Banks
First Name
Anthony
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep Grand Cherokee
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

That’s the hope I had..bad experience ordering a rugged for my wrangler...kept looking in the box for the rest of it lol
Those are actually all the same bumper, hence the "modular" moniker. The bottom picture is what will come from the factory. Top is the bottom pic with a taller bar attached to it, middle is the same with a shorter bar, winch attached and corners removed. If you select the modular bumper, you'll receive the bottom photo and it can be easily modified (using bolts) to match whichever combo you like. :)

lowmpg

Badlands
First Name
Ryan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
F350
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Neh, I purchased a GT500 without driving it and that was crazy to some.....I'm not too concerned.

Boxer4

Base
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
TRUCK
Your Bronco Model
Base
I confess I am having some concerns about placing my order in December. I have NEVER made a purchase of this magnitude ($50K plus) on something that I have not had the opportunity to experience in person first or at least see somewhere else. Don't get me wrong, I am a Die Hard Ford guy and have three Ford's in my garage at any given time but with something this new I have to take a giant leap of faith. Quality is not a concern I know it will be a great vehicle and its abundantly clear that Ford has done their homework on the Bronco. My larger concerns are things like how will I like the ergonomics, will it fit me well or be too small?

I am not even hung up on driving one first but I sure wish Ford would make vehicles available for people to see in person before the ordering process. I would be satisfied if there was some numbers of Broncos that were moved regionally to different dealers and the reservation holders could at least see them. Maybe a couple day windows at regional sites that you could just go look at them and maybe sit in it to see how you like it. No test drives necessary. I would be willing to drive 100 miles for that opportunity. That would go a LONG way increasing my comfort level on pulling the trigger in December.
While it's not the same as in person, some of us are going to Bronco Super Celebration East. Start a thread and ask questions.
Sponsored