Jtorral

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Durango, Focus
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
On my way to the for dealer today to drive a 2.3 Ranger. That will help me decide on 2.3 or 2.7
Sponsored

AK SNO RIDER

First Edition
First Name
Ty
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'19 GT350, '04 6.0, '76 High Boy
Your Bronco Model
First Edition
As someone who hates the way half ton trucks ride because they are too squishy, I'm worried but accepting. Bronco is made for a purpose and will ride as such.

jbh8063

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
F150
Your Bronco Model
Undecided
Same, I like driving my Ranger, and I'm assuming it won't be drastically different.
When you bought your Ranger, did you drive it compared to F150? If so, how did they compare? Ranger wasn't an option in 2018, but I probably wouldn't have considered it anyway, if it had a back seat like the Colorado.

SamR

Base
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
4Runner
Your Bronco Model
Base
This is why I'm glad I have a late reservation.

Spooled

Raptor
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Raptor
Your Bronco Model
Raptor
Clubs

As long as your dealer doesn't require a non refundable deposit, there should be no fear. You're under no obligation to purchase upon delivery. Order what you want, test drive when it arrives, have a list of what issues are automatic no deal if you find them.
This

/thread

Sponsored

CTS-V

First Edition
First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Cadillac CTS-V
Your Bronco Model
First Edition
As long as your dealer doesn't require a non refundable deposit, there should be no fear. You're under no obligation to purchase upon delivery. Order what you want, test drive when it arrives, have a list of what issues are automatic no deal if you find them.
Agree, you can always walk away from the deal if you don’t like it upon delivery. This is how my wife landed a 2021 Escalade ESV. Someone ordered it many months ago and when it was delivered the woman that ordered it didn’t like the shade of blue (it’s almost like antimatter blue for the bronco). So she walked away from the deal... then it became ours. ?

Milamdj

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Nissan Versa
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Am I the only one who is hesitant to jump in on the Bronco without any idea of how it will actually drive, as a daily driver?

Here's some context:
In around 2002/2003, I wanted a crew cab full size Chevy truck. Chevy didn't offer the 1500 Silverado in a crew cab; only in the 2500HD. I was CONVINCED that was what I was going to by. Then I drove it. I HATED the way it drove. It rode like a pogo-stick. The only other option was the Avalanche, which was super ugly, but I drove it anyway. Loved the way Avalanche drove and ended up buying one.

I'm having a hard time with the idea of waiting in line for over a year on a $50k-ish Bronco with no idea of whether I will like the way it will drive or not. I'm currently in a leased 2018 F150 that I'm very happy with. Lease ends in April, but I'm inclined to buy it out. Ford says they'll extend it if I have a Bronco on order.

Thoughts?
Absolutely valid. Ordering a $50k car that you havent sat in, felt the material, experienced the drive....valid point.

Mattwings

Badlands
First Name
Matthew
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Badlands Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Am I the only one who is hesitant to jump in on the Bronco without any idea of how it will actually drive, as a daily driver?

Here's some context:
In around 2002/2003, I wanted a crew cab full size Chevy truck. Chevy didn't offer the 1500 Silverado in a crew cab; only in the 2500HD. I was CONVINCED that was what I was going to by. Then I drove it. I HATED the way it drove. It rode like a pogo-stick. The only other option was the Avalanche, which was super ugly, but I drove it anyway. Loved the way Avalanche drove and ended up buying one.

I'm having a hard time with the idea of waiting in line for over a year on a $50k-ish Bronco with no idea of whether I will like the way it will drive or not. I'm currently in a leased 2018 F150 that I'm very happy with. Lease ends in April, but I'm inclined to buy it out. Ford says they'll extend it if I have a Bronco on order.

Thoughts?
I have an 18 F150 on extended lease (that I love). I am ordering and if I don’t like it, I will buy out the F150. I have to say, for the same price, I think the F150 is a better value. Same basic options, FX4 2.7 with current and seemingly ongoing incentives ends up the same or slightly less than a Bronco Big Bend 2.7 w/locker, hard top and mid package. I am a die hard Bronco fan, have owned 3 and hope the new model is awesome! That being said, if the Bronco doesn’t have better ride and handling than the Jeep, with similar off road ability, I won’t pay the premium. I didn’t pull the trigger on another Jeep after my LJ because the ride, steering and seating position sucked. New models are lipstick on a pig relative to drive and ride dynamics.I did love my Jeep, but as a toy.

jswing

Base
First Name
Jeff
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Ranger
Your Bronco Model
Base
When you bought your Ranger, did you drive it compared to F150? If so, how did they compare? Ranger wasn't an option in 2018, but I probably wouldn't have considered it anyway, if it had a back seat like the Colorado.
I didnt drive the f150 because I prefer mid size trucks. I don't even need a back seat so I bought the supercab for the longer bed. My neighbor has a f150 with 2.7 that I want to drive to help decide between the 2.3 and 2.7.

jbh8063

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
F150
Your Bronco Model
Undecided
That being said, if the Bronco doesn’t have better ride and handling than the Jeep, with similar off road ability, I won’t pay the premium.
Well, and this begs another question in my mind. I've never really off-roaded, although I have aspirations of moving out of SoCal in the next 3 years to maybe Idaho, so AWD/4WD is on my radar as something to seriously consider on my next vehicle. Is the Bronco overkill unless you're really planning on off-roading?

Sponsored

peterh

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
jeep wrangler jlu 2018
Your Bronco Model
Undecided
Clubs

The Granger deal is about to expire and I am tempted. At the same time I know that I will be required to place the order well before I get to test drive it (which may be never) and maybe long before an objective reviewer does. Anyone having pangs of anxiety over this other than me? If so, you going ahead with the order anyway?

Drex

Banned
Badlands
Banned
Banned
First Name
Jake
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'13 SLK55 AMG, '15 Indian Chief, '15 WRX
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
It is not ideal, but everyone is in the same boat. Put the $100 in, get in line before the huge rush of everyone jumping into the expiring deal and then revisit your decision at your leisure over the next six months. I'm going to convert to an order, also in the Grangetober deal, there will be reviews aplenty before they start building your truck. Then you can choose.

OP
OP
hemiblas

hemiblas

Wildtrak
First Name
Roger
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
17 mustang gt, 3 Wrangler JLs
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
The Granger deal is about to expire and I am tempted. At the same time I know that I will be required to place the order well before I get to test drive it (which may be never) and maybe long before an objective reviewer does. Anyone having pangs of anxiety over this other than me? If so, you going ahead with the order anyway?
I started a thread on this already. Take a look if you get a chance. The consensus is that it should be a great rig.

PrincipalD

Outer Banks
First Name
Ryan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Expedition, Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

I think I am going to test drive a Ranger to get somewhat of a feel for the room. The dimensions sound similar. I also have a 2001 Sports Trac and the dimensions are all within an inch or two for width, length, interior room. I predict it will be a much better ride but, like you, get nervous about a car I never drove.
Sponsored