Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mazda
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

This.......
Ford needs to come out with an official statement to everybody (dealers and customers) if they are going to accept the A,X,Z plans or not. That will stop the "we can't say because we haven't heard anything on pricing" excuse. Then the build and price can wait.
Exactly. I am fine with waiting for b&p, but Ford needs to give out more info instead of sneaking in info into other reveals like they did with the b&p being pushed back. Think people are more pissed off with the lack of info for both the customers and dealers
Sponsored

ewitz

Badlands
First Name
Eric
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
04 Rubicon, 99 TJ
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Answering the Call of Enthusiasts, Bronco Brand Expands Sasquatch Package to Models with 7-Speed Manual Transmission

DEARBORN, Mich., Sept. 21, 2020 – Listening to reservation-holder feedback, Ford is expanding the availability of its high-performance off-road Sasquatch™package to all-new Bronco two- and four-door models with a class-first 7-speed manual transmission.

“The Bronco community spoke and we heard them,” said Mark Grueber, Ford Bronco consumer marketing manager. “Our team moved quickly to add Sasquatch with a manual transmission – another example of our focus on giving customers the best possible off-road vehicles and accessories that we can.”

The increased availability of the Sasquatch package also makes the Ford Bronco the only 4x4 with a 7-speed manual and 35-inch off-road tires in its class.

Sasquatch plus manual unlocks even more off-road capability
While other brands save their best hardware for premium series models, Bronco is making off-road capability a priority across every two- and four-door trim level with the available Sasquatch package.

Checking the Sasquatch box adds class-first 35-inch Goodyear® mud-terrain tires mounted to 17-inch beadlock-capable wheels, Dana™ front and rear electronic locking axles with 4.7:1 final drive ratio, and high-clearance suspension with a nearly two-inch wider track, position-sensitive Bilstein shocks and wider fender flares.

Sasquatch package will be available across the lineup, including Base, Big Bend™, Black Diamond™ Outer Banks™, and Badlands™. It is standard on Bronco Wildtrak™ and First Edition models, while the Badlands™ series with available Sasquatch package and standard semi-active hydraulic front stabilizer bar disconnect results in the ultimate Bronco rock crawler.

“Capability is always a priority, and pairing Sasquatch with a manual transmission and available advanced 4x4 system gives it a maximum crawl ratio of 94.75:1, providing even more off-road capability across the line-up,” said Dave Pericak, Ford icons global director.

The manual transmission with Sasquatch package is targeted to be available in late 2021.

Bronco Build and price goes live in October
As excitement builds around the Bronco brand of rugged SUVs, the Bronco two- and four-door build and price site will go live in October. Enthusiasts will be able to virtually create their ideal models and compare pricing for option groups. Reservation holders can create their dream off-road machine and print and save the information for ordering, which will begin in December.

The all-new two- and four-door Bronco goes on sale next spring. To learn more about Bronco and Bronco Sport, go to Ford.com/Bronco.

Original Post:

Mike Levine with Ford has confirmed via Twitter.
Thank you for doing what's right (and profitable)! I have been waiting to give you all of my savings, just as long as I get what I want.

Used2jeep

Banned
Black Diamond
Banned
Banned
First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2007 Crown Vic P71
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

I love ALL of the people here who don't realize that the B&P delay from September to October is BECAUSE of the change of option availability. The more they have to change, the longer the delays will be. The approval process in ford is not swift so this change just probably added 3 weeks of time onto the B&P. No, I am not talking about the coding process. I am talking about the approval and signature process, then the rewriting of PDL's, order guides, and then website content. Everyone gets their day and it doesn't usually happen in parallel.
Depending on how the database architecture is done it should only be 2 or 3 hours. Change some flags. If you are talking about renderings and such for the visual presentation, I might agree on that. However, putting a 7 speed with Squatch for a visual, probably no change whatsoever, or shall I say "It's got Squatch to do with any artwork."

Procedure wise - I think that paperwork has been done well before they decided to final produce the commercial. And that the folks needed for signatures should be able to sign the necessary PDFs via their laptops and they could do it after hours. A touch of "extra work" occasionally is not uncalled for.

Sponsored

Used2jeep

Banned
Black Diamond
Banned
Banned
First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2007 Crown Vic P71
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

VictoryLights

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Honda Pilot
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

It was probably an easy add for them, and this was a way to break the bad news of another Build and Price delay.

You still need to get a 4-cylinder engine with the manual, so it's an absolute no-go for me.

Phil_68w10

Big Bend
First Name
Phillip
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 F150 XLT
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
Clubs

The question remains, do I squatch it out with the manual? Or get a lift with the manual...

Laminar

Black Diamond
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Cougar
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
The 2.7L with the stick is not going to happen for awhile, if ever, for many technical reasons that have already been discussed ad nauseum.
There are no technical reasons, there are only cost reasons.

I am little upset that I have a reservation, I am signed up for Ford's website to get news, and I am hearing this info from a paywalled 3rd party site first (bronconation). It's not even on @Ford's twitter.

Had I not happened in to this wonderful website this morning, I would know nothing of this latest news. I am not blaming Bronco Nation, I don't understand why ford is not keeping us updated directly.
Actually BroncoNation is just a propaganda wing of Ford Marketing. Ford runs it, and they pretend that it's this enthusiast-driven, grassroots community, and people buy it.

Sponsored

_2020_

Badlands
First Name
Sylvain
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2014 Mini Countryman S , 2015 JKU, 2017 X5 3.5i
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
ref-reviewing-a-call-300x219.png

On further review the call on the field has been overturned..

Fiddled around yesterday and tried to build my rig in Jeep. Yup, thank you for for possible making my Bronco build less full of high end suck like it would be with a Jeep.
That's great, but why didn't their crack design team have that as an option from day one? Did they just think there would be no interest in the manual? It really is great as I will be getting a lower trim with squatch and getting to keep the manual, but it makes me wonder how well they understand their customers.
Or it was planned from dag one and its a marketing trick to say “we hear you”.
Same with Velocity Blue...

BroncoTPA

Badlands
First Name
Matt
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
F150
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I want a ManSquatch and this is fantastic news. However, the extra six months and lack of availability till late 2021. . . . . ouch. That's a regular kick in the nuts. Waiting till next summer was going to be bad enough. Not sure if I can do that further six months.
It seems that every new answer causes more questions. I was expecting to be torn between Sasquatch Black Diamond and Non-Sasquatch Badlands (adding my own 35s after delivery) as I do not need the disconnecting sway bar however, I will gladly pay the extra $1,545 to have my Badlands sitting in my driveway in June rather than later 2021.

vrewald14

Badlands
First Name
Vince
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
03 Ford Excursion, 79 Ford Bronco, 04 Toyota Camry
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Thank you Ford. Regardless of whether this was a planned tactic or not it is awesome news, and will make many consumers happy.

Customers are fickle and some are never happy. I for one understand people are working as hard and fast as they can behind the scenes to make things happen and that they are under a lot of pressure to make decisions and act quickly.

Please humor this group's "clamor" for information that is still unknown and for options that do not exist :D

#savethemansquatch

#badmansquatch

Bronco6G members - let's remember to be proud of ourselves because (if I remember correctly) the main petition publicizing the desire for this option was originated by one of our own. This is an example of how virtual communication can be effective tool when used correctly. Keep up the lobbying! It will push Ford to make a better product. But also have the decency and modesty to accept that you will NEVER get EXACTLY what you want - and at some point you will need to make a compromise.

TIME - MONEY - FEATURES

You can have any combination of 2 that you want, but never all 3 ;)

Boxer4

Base
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
TRUCK
Your Bronco Model
Base
The skeptic in me thinks it always has been an option/plan and this was just a marketing "We are listening" gimmick.
No doubt about it. At this point, it won't take much for this marketing campaign to go from Buzz to BS. I'm lucky that it's not a money issue for me and seeing it at Bronco East this October should seal it or kill it. But what about those that are working the numbers, trying figure how to transition from their current vehicle to the Bronco? For them, there are a lot of moving parts in a major financial decision. Time is past for a world class company to finish the launch. Well Ford- "listen" to this - Release the prices now-follow up with the graphics later.

BroncoTPA

Badlands
First Name
Matt
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
F150
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I am hopeful that the B&P clearly indicates anything that will delay a build date.

What do you guys think about the late 2021 availability of the Mansquatch? Does this impact the Non-Sasquatch Badlands delivery date?
Sponsored