Sponsored

Different ways to store doors in garage?

‘21OBX

Outer Banks
First Name
Ken
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 bronco outer banks
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

I’m hoping the bags have strong enough handles to hang them on bike hooks. If not I’ll make some padded 2x4’s off the wall to set them on the bags.
Sponsored

da_jokker

Wildtrak
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep Wrangler JKUR
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

Hobbes

Badlands
First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Audi S3
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I came up with my own simple solution today, and then after the fact, came and searched this forum 😆 and found lots of solutions.

Anyway, I thought once I bought the Ford storage bags, that would be all I needed. What I didn't realize is the doors are HEAVY, and not easily hung up off the ground. And when on the ground, if they tip over - even inside the bags - I am worried it would damage the paint.

So I did a simple set up with a padded mat on the garage floor, and some D-rings and bungee cord attached to the wall to keep them from tipping. It works quite well. And when I want to add the 2 rear doors, I will just add another short bungee for more length.

Ford Bronco Different ways to store doors in garage? IMG_2458

Ford Bronco Different ways to store doors in garage? IMG_2461

TheeBullhead

First Edition
First Name
M
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Chrysler Crossfire
Your Bronco Model
First Edition
Clubs

Could you buy the brackets that hold the doors on the bronco and mount those to your garage wall?

Sponsored

Odd Ball

Wildtrak
First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
HD Vett Mustang Jag 911 (2)450SLs VWcab Blzr Fiat
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Just curious if anyone has come up with inventive ways to store your doors within the garage. I'm considering building a rack to hang them from (similar to hanging a ladder), but would this negatively impact the doors by having them hang by the window frame?

Any other ideas would be great!

***Edit*** I'm an idiot and forgot there are no window frames. Keeping the original post in case anyone else has a brain fart and searches this topic so they don't have to make my mistake
How about wall mounted door hinges? (like on the vehicle?)

ThatWilsonGuy

Raptor
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
23' Raptor | 23' BL SAS | Sport FE (sold)
Your Bronco Model
Raptor
Clubs

DIY door cart..

What brand / style are they? Have you seen any signs that the handles aren't holding up?

I purchased the Cover King bags with the plan to hang the doors by the handles. After purchasing them and checking them out I had a little concern about the long term durability of the handle so I reach out to Cover King. Unsurprisingly they told me the handles weren't designed for that do not I'm a little torn on going this route.

da_jokker

Wildtrak
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep Wrangler JKUR
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

I finally broke down and bought the wall mounts because they went on sale and cost only a bit more than buying 4-8 heavy duty wall hooks. They need to make some design adjustments but as long as you put a spacer behind them, they work (But I would only ever buy these if they go on a significant sale, and never pay their original $200 price)

Ford Bronco Different ways to store doors in garage? 20230620_130503

AzureBronco23

Outer Banks
First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
I don't really have wall space so thinking I might just put on ground with strap or build cart as I can't seem to find any that are just for doors online. I have garage bags with padding on bottom, is that enough to lay on floor or on cart or do I need to have additional padding?

Sponsored

Skott

Wildtrak
First Name
Scott
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

This was my choice:

Hooke Road Cart:
Ford Bronco Different ways to store doors in garage? 20230514_124720
How're you liking it so far?

Mine should be delivered this week? HR just says "fulfilled", with no further info, and no tracking number.

How is build quality? How are the instructions? Does the aluminum feel sturdy enough to carry all doors and top pieces? How long did it take to put together?

Cannot wait to put all my pieces together, and get them off my gym floor mats scattered around my garage.

Thanks.

THE Buckeye Bronco

Wildtrak
First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Ford Bronco, 2021 BMW M4 Comp
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

How're you liking it so far?

Mine should be delivered this week? HR just says "fulfilled", with no further info, and no tracking number.

How is build quality? How are the instructions? Does the aluminum feel sturdy enough to carry all doors and top pieces? How long did it take to put together?

Cannot wait to put all my pieces together, and get them off my gym floor mats scattered around my garage.

Thanks.
I like it a lot. Quality is solid. Casters easily support the weight, and the frame is sturdy. Instructions are pretty straightforward, just plan on spending 3-5 hours in assembly. I did have a poorly prepped bottom plate where the doors attach, the paint partially flaked off. I notified HR and they issued me a partial refund, which was enough to cover the cost of the paint (Krylon, which was recommended by them) and the purchase of the padding that is required as well. 7.5/10

CUZICAN

Wildtrak
First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Bronco Wildtrak Sasquatch
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
I finally broke down and bought the wall mounts because they went on sale and cost only a bit more than buying 4-8 heavy duty wall hooks. They need to make some design adjustments but as long as you put a spacer behind them, they work (But I would only ever buy these if they go on a significant sale, and never pay their original $200 price)

Ford Bronco Different ways to store doors in garage? 20230514_124720
I bought the same brackets as you, but haven't installed them yet, what kind or how thick of spacer do they need? What is the problem with them, do the door just not sit flat against the wall?

da_jokker

Wildtrak
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep Wrangler JKUR
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

I bought the same brackets as you, but haven't installed them yet, what kind or how thick of spacer do they need? What is the problem with them, do the door just not sit flat against the wall?
All you need is like a 1" piece of wood, maybe even less, behind them. Up to you if you want to get longer lag bolts as a result. I happen to have 2 longer ones So I just put one in each and then use their bolts for the other two. Also, They give you these rubber washer things that I'm not quite sure what they're for, but no metal washers. so pick you up some before you install.

As for the issue, I leave my bags on so at first I thought it was that. But even after I slid the bag off, I still have the same issue. Right before the door reaches "full close" there was some resistance that kept wanting to swing the door back out. When I looked, what I saw was at the inside lower part of the door, up near the hinges, was sticking out just enough to touch my wall.
Sponsored