Tim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford F-150
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
Clubs

@FordVideoGuy has more clout with Ford than me. So he'll get it done before we do. :)
Not when it comes to Bronco, you guys are the best. Great job taking care of your customers. You guys work hard for your customers.
Sponsored

BigFootie

Heritage
First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2013 ES-350, 2022 Badlands Sport, 2023 Heritage Ed
Your Bronco Model
Heritage
Clubs

Not when it comes to Bronco, you guys are the best. Great job taking care of your customers. You guys work hard for your customers.
Too bad all dealers can’t work as hard for their customers! You guys both are a great asset to the Ford brand. Just wish Ford would appreciate it more.

capn00

Heritage
First Name
Jared
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Bronco Heritage, 2018 GX460
Your Bronco Model
Heritage
Signed the paperwork for our Heritage yesterday. Thanks to all the extra work and harassing @capn00 did at Chapman two weeks or so before mine showed up, they had the price protection certificate all figured out when it came time to process it. I don't think this was just a case of the dealer giving the discount, seemed like it was applying like it should. Hopefully, can get a truck scheduled to pick it up next week and have it in my driveway by labor day.
Great news! Hope it works for everyone now (and I hope my check gets here soon since my cert wasn’t applied till after delivery).

Red Squatch

Heritage
First Name
Jeff
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1997 Cobra convertible
Your Bronco Model
Heritage
Arter several days of driving the manual I have a few observations. The clutch and shifter are really nice, smooth shifting and positive engagement. You have to be a little careful going from 5th to 6th because it wants to pop back over to 4th. Just jumping in and ripping through the gears is fun but will cost you in fuel milage. I saw like 16.5 for 3 days of just revving and ripping through the gears, not speeding just having fun as it were. Today I had a trip of about 30 mile each way and decided to see how I could do milage wise if I concentrated on finding a sweet spot for the engine. 2 lane road with a speed limit from 45 to 55 mph I found that the milage indicator on the cluster has happy if I stayed in 4th gear and didn't lug the motor down. I ended up at 22.2 mpg as I pulled into my driveway. Nice and smooth on the throttle and staying in 4th gear was the answer for that road at least. One thing I will add about shifting is that I am used to shifting by ear and this thing is so quiet it makes it hard, it doesn't help that the tach pretty much sucks.

Lowcountry Bronco

Heritage
First Name
William
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Ranger and Toyota FJ Cruiser
Your Bronco Model
Heritage
Clubs

Arter several days of driving the manual I have a few observations. The clutch and shifter are really nice, smooth shifting and positive engagement. You have to be a little careful going from 5th to 6th because it wants to pop back over to 4th. Just jumping in and ripping through the gears is fun but will cost you in fuel milage. I saw like 16.5 for 3 days of just revving and ripping through the gears, not speeding just having fun as it were. Today I had a trip of about 30 mile each way and decided to see how I could do milage wise if I concentrated on finding a sweet spot for the engine. 2 lane road with a speed limit from 45 to 55 mph I found that the milage indicator on the cluster has happy if I stayed in 4th gear and didn't lug the motor down. I ended up at 22.2 mpg as I pulled into my driveway. Nice and smooth on the throttle and staying in 4th gear was the answer for that road at least. One thing I will add about shifting is that I am used to shifting by ear and this thing is so quiet it makes it hard, it doesn't help that the tach pretty much sucks.
How's the clutch engagement? I was reading a thread the other day for the Steeda clutch spring, said it helped with the engagement feel.

I'm thinking about the Corsa exhaust for mine, first want to see how it sounds stock but I like to hear my exhaust too.

Sponsored

Red Squatch

Heritage
First Name
Jeff
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1997 Cobra convertible
Your Bronco Model
Heritage
How's the clutch engagement? I was reading a thread the other day for the Steeda clutch spring, said it helped with the engagement feel.

I'm thinking about the Corsa exhaust for mine, first want to see how it sounds stock but I like to hear my exhaust too.
Coming from my Mustang the clutch effort is much lighter which I will probably live with since my wife will be driving it some too. Engagement was fine my main issue is the engine is so quiet you need to rely on that stupid tach for shift points so yeah an exhaust is most likely in my future too.

Brsox

Heritage
First Name
Bill
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 4Runner TRD Pro
Your Bronco Model
Heritage
I have very few miles in mine. The wife and I took it out for a ride along the coast to get dinner tonight. Popped off the roof panels, gunner's hatch and rear windows. I still have less than 50 miles on it. I'm loving the clutch. It's very smooth and easy to engage. It's not grabby at all. It's super fun to drive. It's much smoother than I thought it would be for a vehicle riding on 35s. I haven't really gotten on it yet as I want to break it in. I'm wondering if the dealership filled it with premium fuel. I'm guessing not, so I'll see if I notice any difference at my first fill up. I'm gonna run this tank all the way down and fill it with premium. Just ordered my Curt receiver and 4 pin wiring kit. That's my next rainy weekend project. I agree...the tach sucks. Nothing beats a good old fashioned analog speedo and tach. That would have been nice in the Heritage Edition. Those are my rambling thoughts at this late hour.

Wolfpack

Heritage
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1994 Ford Bronco XLT 5Spd, 2002 Honda S2000
Your Bronco Model
Heritage
100% agree with your observations. It seems the sweet spot for the Heritage is 4th gear for around town driving. The engine is also super quiet so you don't get that feedback for when you should shift gears. The stereo also helps drown out the engine. And yes the tack sucks.

Brsox

Heritage
First Name
Bill
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 4Runner TRD Pro
Your Bronco Model
Heritage
My Heritage Edition takes me back in time a little until I pop the hood. Omg! Remember the old days when you opened the hood and just saw the engine? The only wires you saw were the power wire to the distributor and the wires from the distributor to the plugs. A quick tune up was a distributor, rotor, set of wires and some plugs. Grab a screwdriver and adjust the carb and you were good to go. At most, quick timing adjustment. Good Lord! I just closed the hood and started looking at extended warranty prices.

Lowcountry Bronco

Heritage
First Name
William
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Ranger and Toyota FJ Cruiser
Your Bronco Model
Heritage
Clubs

My Heritage Edition takes me back in time a little until I pop the hood. Omg! Remember the old days when you opened the hood and just saw the engine? The only wires you saw were the power wire to the distributor and the wires from the distributor to the plugs. A quick tune up was a distributor, rotor, set of wires and some plugs. Grab a screwdriver and adjust the carb and you were good to go. At most, quick timing adjustment. Good Lord! I just closed the hood and started looking at extended warranty prices.
Granger offers the Ford ESP warranty for $50 over cost.

https://www.grangerfordextendedwarranty.com/

Sponsored

BigFootie

Heritage
First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2013 ES-350, 2022 Badlands Sport, 2023 Heritage Ed
Your Bronco Model
Heritage
Clubs

I bought my first ever extended warranty from Zach for my Sport. Will do the same for the Heritage. Hard to beat @Zach@Granger for Ford ESP pricing.

Red Squatch

Heritage
First Name
Jeff
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1997 Cobra convertible
Your Bronco Model
Heritage
Wow - 335 pages! Fantastic! Just dropping in to say I got my window sticker!!! Woohoo!!
Blend date of 9/1 good luck I hope it stays on schedule for you.

Carnutdallas

Heritage
First Name
Rob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Tesla Plaid, Duramax Suburban, Ferrari F355
Your Bronco Model
Heritage
It has been moving along - says in production 8/28, so I feel pretty confident. We will know for sure after Labor day. A potential strike is later in September, if at all, but I say pretty likely. Who knows. I think it will get built! And I am 298 inline out of 641 so in the first 50%. My issue will be getting on a rail car, but I don't think they are UAW?? Fingers Crossed!
Sponsored

Last edited: