Reaction score
Website
youtube.com
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco Badlands 2.3 L Manual
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

DEFINITELY watching this thread as I was also under the impression that you could not go with a lower gear than the 4.70 in the M210.

My Bronco does fine in flat Chicago, but it struggled in Colorado on I70 this summer. Had 37" KM3s then, but have since upgraded to 38" Ridge Grapplers so I'm more in need of lower gearing.
I'm on 37" ridge grapplers myself.

The shop just called hearing that for the front I'd have to replace the whole diff but they are getting a hold of nitro and thier gearing master to find out for sure first.

The shop is legit, they really want to work on it cause they haven't done a bronco before but they always want to be sure a gear swap can be done.

Rear they said is straight forward.

Let me know if anyone has any insight on the front replacement
Sponsored

ryannshit

Badlands
First Name
Ryan
Threads
Reaction score
Website
youtube.com
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I'm on 37" ridge grapplers myself.

The shop just called hearing that for the front I'd have to replace the whole diff but they are getting a hold of nitro and thier gearing master to find out for sure first.

The shop is legit, they really want to work on it cause they haven't done a bronco before but they always want to be sure a gear swap can be done.

Rear they said is straight forward.

Let me know if anyone has any insight on the front replacement
Nevermind, the shop confirmed it will work as long as I have the front lockers like someone else mentioned earlier.

Looking like I'd have it dropped off end of next week and done by the week of the 16th ish..

Bird Dog Off Road

Badlands
First Name
Jody
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.youtube.com
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco Badlands w/Sasquatch
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

My local guys is $500 an axle for install. He is in Georgetown near the Rubicon if you want to save a few dollars.
Wow, that's pretty cheap for re-gearing an IFS. The solid axles are usually in that neighborhood.

Sponsored

Snacktime

Black Diamond
First Name
Nate
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco, F150
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

Wow, that's pretty cheap for re-gearing an IFS. The solid axles are usually in that neighborhood.
I don't get the ifs is "more work" thing, not that much different from a removable center section axle. You don't even have to take the knuckles apart to pull the axles, its easier!

Bird Dog Off Road

Badlands
First Name
Jody
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.youtube.com
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco Badlands w/Sasquatch
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I don't get the ifs is "more work" thing, not that much different from a removable center section axle. You don't even have to take the knuckles apart to pull the axles, its easier!
I just know if you regear a Toyota or Nissan IFS, it costs considerably more than the solid axles.

Snacktime

Black Diamond
First Name
Nate
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco, F150
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

I just know if you regear a Toyota or Nissan IFS, it costs considerably more than the solid axles.
I think a lot of that is related to part time set-up and sticking a locker in(air lines/electrical connection).

ryannshit

Badlands
First Name
Ryan
Threads
Reaction score
Website
youtube.com
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

My local guys is $500 an axle for install. He is in Georgetown near the Rubicon if you want to save a few dollars.
Appreciate it but I'm all locked and loaded with these guys. Set to take it in on Friday. Out of town a week but it should be ready when I return on the 20th.

Don't have offroading planned so will just put it to the test in the wild SF streets where I typically need to use crawler on the crazy inclines

I reset a trip meter so I should have some good before and after mpg comparisons

Sponsored

ryannshit

Badlands
First Name
Ryan
Threads
Reaction score
Website
youtube.com
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Just picked it up and only drove it for 15 minutes on side streets back home but initial impressions are that it is noticably slower in normal goat mode (big fan of my unlocked sport mode in the Badlands) but first gear might now be as good as crawler in regards to getting the 37s going easily, just letting up on the clutch in first gets it going.

I didn't realize id have a break in period for this so I am advised to keep it under 60 mph and to only drive it for 1 hour intervals with at least an hour in between to cool down for a total of 500 miles.

I'll be doing my best to take a chunk out of that break in period this weekend so I can drive it like normal soon.

But so far, I'm a believer.

More rowing = More fun, right?

Last edited:

userdude

Badlands
First Name
Jared
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 2dr Badsquatch
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I didn't realize id have a break in period for this so I am advised to keep it under 60 mph and to only drive it for 1 hour intervals with at least an hour in between to cool down for a total of 500 miles.
I guess a different kind of turtling. 🐢 💨