First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco Badsquatch, Explorer ST
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
First of all, I would appreciate if we could keep this thread from devolving into an argument on who would spend so much on a '$5 piece of plastic' and keep it focused on getting feedback from those who are running the Broncbuster Bushing. I get it, it's not cheap. I managed to snag one on sale for $260ish and am debating whether it is worth installing. While $260 is still expensive, I'd rather spend the $ on a bushing than a new rack.

For those of you who have installed the Broncbuster Bushing:
  • What are your thoughts?
  • Any changes in steering feel?
  • Any issues with install?
  • Any concerns with the fact that the tensioner is rendered useless?

I've seen a couple of threads where people have expressed their concerns with the Broncbuster Bushing concept, including a competitor's video who had mentioned that the LH and RH sides of the rack are not concentric and therefore, a driver side bushing is not a good idea. But I have yet to see any real feedback from those who have it.
Sponsored

BigGarnet

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
‘21 Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
I run the bushing, no change in feel, and gives me some peace of mind. I have the aluminum housing waiting to install. Tyler says they‘ve never had a failure, and I believe him.
I definitely believe that they've never had a failure, because rack failures in general are so rare, coupled with the fact that the percentage of owners who have installed it is so small. That makes the chances of an actual failure miniscule regardless of it's effectiveness. I would bet BroncoBuster himself has had more failures documented than the total of other failures on the market.

Copperhorse73

Wildtrak
First Name
Justin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 4 door Wildtrak
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

I definitely believe that they've never had a failure, because rack failures in general are so rare, coupled with the fact that the percentage of owners who have installed it is so small. That makes the chances of an actual failure miniscule regardless of it's effectiveness. I would bet BroncoBuster himself has had more failures documented than the total of other failures on the market.
True that. I’ve seen him remark about his big pile of failed racks and front axles. That’s some expensive research

Sponsored

BigMeatsBronco

First Edition
Base Sponsor (Level 1)
First Name
Allan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 FE 2 door
Your Bronco Model
First Edition
Clubs

There's threads saying there's was too tight, sent it back for replacement...another got dirt or mud in it and there was no clearances for the debris so it jammed up.

BigMeatsBronco

First Edition
Base Sponsor (Level 1)
First Name
Allan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 FE 2 door
Your Bronco Model
First Edition
Clubs

True that. I’ve seen him remark about his big pile of failed racks and front axles. That’s some expensive research
It's cheap redneck engineering when you offset the cost and sell tie rod braces for $400 per set...what bothers me is the " let's go break something, make a quick video to overamplify the issue, and sell a quick fix for huge profit" mentality seen here. Toxic for 4x4ers.

And there's far better ways to do the same thing. How about using a linear bearing from an industrial supply source?.
Or toss the weak housing altogether and make a superior one.

Seems SOOOOO gimmicky to me. Kind of like a late night buy it only on TV commercials.

Lastly, if it's so needed and wonderful, why don't we see the Professional drivers all bragging about the BB junk?

Last edited:

Jdyount

Badlands
First Name
Jason
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Badlands
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I just had an issue with my Bronco this morning that may (or may not) be related to having the Broncbuster Bushing installed.

A couple of weekends ago I went off-roading and there were a couple of fairly deep creek crossings (water up to the bottom of my doors). So last night was pretty cold here, got down into the teens, and when I went to leave for work this morning my steering rack was locked, wouldn't turn at all. Got out and kicked the tires then wiggled the wheel a bit and it let loose.

It appears that I got some water in my rack and it wasn't able to drain out. May or may not be Broncbuster Bushing related but I imagine it isn't helping the situation.

OP
OP
cgv

cgv

Badlands
First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco Badsquatch, Explorer ST
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
I just had an issue with my Bronco this morning that may (or may not) be related to having the Broncbuster Bushing installed.

A couple of weekends ago I went off-roading and there were a couple of fairly deep creek crossings (water up to the bottom of my doors). So last night was pretty cold here, got down into the teens, and when I went to leave for work this morning my steering rack was locked, wouldn't turn at all. Got out and kicked the tires then wiggled the wheel a bit and it let loose.

It appears that I got some water in my rack and it wasn't able to drain out. May or may not be Broncbuster Bushing related but I imagine it isn't helping the situation.
Yikes! Any plans to pull the tie rod boot to look for signs of water ingress?

Jdyount

Badlands
First Name
Jason
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Badlands
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Yikes! Any plans to pull the tie rod boot to look for signs of water ingress?
1000%. I also have Icon Forged Tie-rods so the boots have been swapped. Maybe I didn't get one on perfect.

Sponsored

Happy

Black Diamond
First Name
Jerry
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
CJ5, Wagoneer
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
I bought the BB bushing when they ran their last sale. Also installed a set of $65 tie-rod sleeves. Honestly can not tell any difference in steering feel.

We spent a little money and nothing has broken. I don't regret the purchase but don't know if there is $400 worth of goodness in it either. When we run a trail and get back home unscathed, I tell myself, "That BB Bushing is sure working!!"

SubmarineNuke

Wildtrak
First Name
Richard
Threads
Reaction score
Website
twitch.tv
Vehicle(s)
Bronco Wildtrak
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

he's modified and beat the crap out of that Bronco. He is not your normal Bronco owner. Normal Bronco owners aren't trying to break stuff, they're not rolling Broncos, driving on 40's and trying to bash it against rocks. I really wish people stop acting like he's the litmus for Bronco failure. He's not the litmus, he's the anamoly.

Elevator Man

Badlands
First Name
Dan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Mercedes GLE, 2021 Badlands
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I've had it in since the beginning and was one of the early adopters. The first bushing I got was too tight and the steering wheel wouldn't self-recenter after a turn. However, after giving my feedback to Tyler, he made a new version with a little more tolerance and and sent it to me for free. I swapped it out and have been running it trouble free for a year (I think a year?). All the newer ones he's been making since have the increased tolerance so the problem in the beginning is long gone for anyone buying now.
The concept is solid of supporting the end of the rack so it can't separate from the pinon. Haven't had a single problem with it.

techdisaster

Badlands
First Name
Christopher
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco Badlands
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
1000%. I also have Icon Forged Tie-rods so the boots have been swapped. Maybe I didn't get one on perfect.
I took my Bronco in for an alignment yesterday after installing the Icon Tie Rods on Sunday. I asked the techs to inspect the tie rods and let me know if I did anything wrong (like not get the boot seated correctly). They gave me the all clear.

Jdyount

Badlands
First Name
Jason
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Badlands
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I took my Bronco in for an alignment yesterday after installing the Icon Tie Rods on Sunday. I asked the techs to inspect the tie rods and let me know if I did anything wrong (like not get the boot seated correctly). They gave me the all clear.
I'm wondering if my Ford Dealer didn't cause the issue when I got my alignment. I'm pretty sure I had them seated well...
Sponsored