Eric
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Raptor
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

I just received them yesterday @Snacktime and I will install mine and his, mine being 2.0 rack and his Hoss 3.0. we shall see.
Sponsored

Snacktime

Black Diamond
First Name
Nate
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco, F150
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

Working on this very question and how much better is the 3.0 Rack. Big part of a forum is the sharing of knowledge and figuring out what is really needed. I know I killed my stock steering rack and immediately regretted not installing the overprice bushings. I bought a Hoss 3.0 BB bushing and plan to let the cat out of the bag on how big the factory Hoss 3.0 bushing is. My person curiosity is costing me $350 and can BB stand up to the stanely tape measure of truth.

Notes:
I am not a full of shit influencer trying to get free stuff and I will do my best to bash all products equally (Metalcloak not doing actual testing of there crap).

98infinity

Wildtrak
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
16 F150, 20 Road King, 22 Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Watch this,

then this

OP
OP
cgv

cgv

Badlands
First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco Badsquatch, Explorer ST
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Watch this,

then this
So the company selling what is probably a $4-5k rack (plus cost of HOSS 3.0 rack?) is saying not to buy the competitor's bushing? I'm shocked.

I will say that I see a potential flaw in the claim the two ends aren't concentric.

They first point out that the tensioner bearing inner diameter is narrower than the pinion and therefore, the bearing ends/edges are what the rack gear sits on.

Then they say that when they measured the concentricity of the tensioner bearing and opposite end bushing, they weren't concentric. In the video, they stated the tensioner bearing location (for determining concentricity) was based on the inner diameter.

If they already stated the rack gear doesn't sit flush against the inner diameter of the tensioner bearing, then are they sure that 0.030" eccentricity isn't the gap that already exists in the way the rack gear sits on the tensioner bearing ends/edges?

Seems like a convenient oversight in an attempt to get people to spend big $$$$ on their rack instead of a $350 bushing.

Also, the reason I ask in the original post if there is any change in steering feel is to get feedback on if the steering is stiffer, which would indicate a geometry issue/binding as 74weld claims.

Hope I am clear in what I am stating. The engineer in me is tempted to put together a quick sketch to clarify if I'm unable to get my point across with the above.

Last edited:

goodgraf

Badlands
First Name
Michael
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Bronco Badlands
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Installed BB Bushing and it is clicking constantly during slight articulation driving city streets. Took to 4wp for alignment after install and they found the bushing is causing the clicking. :( Anyone else experience that?

Last edited:
OP
OP
cgv

cgv

Badlands
First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco Badsquatch, Explorer ST
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Installed BB Bushing and it is clicking constantly during slight articulation driving city streets. Took to 4wp for alignment after install and they found the bushing is causing the clicking. :( Anyone else experience that?
Did they pull the boot off to check? Is the snap ring properly seated?
Sponsored