Sponsored

Tie Rod Braces by Broncbuster - feedback / reviews?

Bing

Black Diamond
First Name
Brad
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Black Diamond
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond

Snacktime

Black Diamond
First Name
Nate
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco, F150
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

They work! Don't run any tie rod bracing unless you do the BroncBuster Bushing. Even better your half way money wise to a ford performance rack once you buy the broncobuster parts.

Murfman

Wildtrak
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 WildTrak, Cyber Orange soft top
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

I had it done yesterday. 21 Wildtrak with stock tires and parts. Have wheeled Poison Spider and Metal Masher in Moab and Wheeler Lake and Red Cone in Colorado. Didn't really have any issue except on 1 obstacle at Wheeler cuz it was wet. I highly recommend this upgrade, especially if you are even considering going bigger tires!

Broncbushing.jpg

broncbuster driver 2.jpg

broncbuster driver.jpg

Broncbuster pax.jpg

bronchousing 2.jpg

Bronchousing.jpg

Bushing 2.jpg

bushing.jpg

goatman2

Badlands
First Name
Richard
Threads
Reaction score
Website
gandgautorepair.com
Vehicle(s)
F450, Jeep XJ, Porsche 911, 2dr Badlands
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Whether you get the bushings that beef up the rack or not, that might be a question for if you put much larger tires. However, the tie rod braces themselves to me are a must. Inexpensive and simple to install. It is true, the stock tie rods have a weak point at the threads next to the jam nut. Any bending of the tie rod can cause a break at a stress crack inside the threads. The Broncbuster parts aren't the only option, Rough Country and JKS also make a good solution. I don't agree that the tie rod reinforcement automatically means you need to do the steering rack reinforcement. It depends on what tire size you run. I think with 37's, do everything you can. With 35's and down, do the tie rod sleeves. If you have 35's and do a lot of relatively serious rock crawling, then consider the rack reinforcement. Also, the lift height has much to do with side pressure on the rack with big tires. Plenty of folks are automatically going with 2-3" of lift, and then with 37" tires it will stress the rack. Stock lift heights keep less side pressure on the rack, so the bushing upgrade isn't so critical.

I have 35's, I did the Rough Country sleeves, and I carry a spare inner tie rod. When the ICON replacement tie rods reach the market, I will likely get them. Good insurance.

GroovyGeek

Black Diamond
First Name
Boyan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'23 Bronco BD
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Do the BroncBuster brace have sufficient clearance to use with Bilstein 6112s? Particularly at full turn?

PS 33" tires and 2" lift

Last edited:

Sponsored

Snacktime

Black Diamond
First Name
Nate
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco, F150
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

Do the BroncBuster brace have sufficient clearance to use with Bilstein 6112s? Particularly at full turn?

PS 33" tires and 2" lift
Your better off buying Ford Performance Hoss 3.0 tie rods or Icon Tie rods since they upgrade the inner joint. Braces only fix 1 of the tie rod issues for more money.

GroovyGeek

Black Diamond
First Name
Boyan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'23 Bronco BD
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Your better off buying Ford Performance Hoss 3.0 tie rods or Icon Tie rods since they upgrade the inner joint. Braces only fix 1 of the tie rod issues for more money.
I have an angle on a used set at a good price, agree that $400 is rather rich
Sponsored