Sponsored

What part/accessory are you looking for that a company has not made?

RBJRBJ

Wildtrak
First Name
Bruce
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
What's up Bronco6G! We get asked everyday to make new things for all sorts of vehicles, and we are curious on what people are wanting to be made for the Bronco that hasn't been done yet?
Let us know!

Visit https://dv8offroad.com/pages/ford-bronco-bumpers-and-accessories to shop all of our Ford Bronco Parts and Accessories.
Plus... use code "ForumMember" at checkout for 10% off!
Crash bar end cap covers for behind the front tire similar to DV8’s front crash bar end caps. I have installed DV8s crash bar end caps and pinch weld covers and both added to finishing the look of the Bronco Wildtrak with Sasquatch. Being able to finish off that look with crash bar end caps for behind the front tires would accomplish that!
RBJRBJ
Sponsored

MayhemMike

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mercury
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Not sure I'd buy it due to price, but a replacement tailgate mod that folds down and spare tire that swings out like other Gen Broncos.
This right here. I wish the Ford engineers had paid me a visit while designing the tail gate. Since it swings open, it opens to the wrong side for my unloading of things in my garage. Lol. A truck tailgate would have been perfect. BTW, if they include a tailgate on the next refresh I will be buying another Bronco. Lol

Tricky Mike

Badlands
First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
21 Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

This, a complete package that gives us a roadster door, two piece soft doors to fit them, and get rid of the factory mirror. Is it too much to ask to be able to see the driver's front tire?
Had me until the mirror. Roadster cutouts and soft doors would be slick.

@DV8offroadhow is it $649 for rear inner fenders for a Bronco but only $389 for a JL? Don't make sense.
I would guess it's a volume thing. They're probably hiring out the manufacturing and getting a much better price break on a run of 1000 Jeep inner fenders than 100 Bronco ones.

MayhemMike

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mercury
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
My cheap freshwater rinse for reels, tackle, etc. I use it to spray the sand off of everything I put back into the Bronco so cleanup is a little easier.
All my fish smelling and sand covered gear is forced to make the trip home on the cargo extender. I freshwater wash out the reels and plies once home. I carry a large water jug garage soap to wash away the majority of my fish smelling hands. I also change clothes before I drive the Bronco home. The wife demands it. Lol

Sponsored

Jdyount

Badlands
First Name
Jason
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Badlands
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I would guess it's a volume thing. They're probably hiring out the manufacturing and getting a much better price break on a run of 1000 Jeep inner fenders than 100 Bronco ones.
I would get that if it was a totally different type of part. It's a few (laser, plasma, or waterjet) CNC cut parts with a few bends and some powder coat.

You could maybe, MAYBE, argue the nesting is completely different, but I don't think so looking at the parts (and having experience nesting).

I would say that there is a 99% probability it's "Bronco tax".

Lborzone64

Black Diamond
First Name
Lou
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Empty garage
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
A fishing pole holder that clamps on to the spare

Area51BS

Badlands
First Name
Ron
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Badlands non SAS 4dr 2.3
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Replacement seals for MIC hard top that actually seal the top.

Re-worked subwoofer compartment that doesn't rattle at 30% volume.

Replacement removable steel fender flares to replace the cheap ass plastic.

Perhaps some of these things may exist, but I've yet to find them.
Sub rattles are easily fixed. Fender flares won’t happen. Small companies are not going to have a stamp built and buy the machine. Hand forming would be too labor intensive. Thats why almost all aftermarket martial parts a flat pieces welded together or just tubing bent.

JBlanco

Base
First Name
Julio
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Bronco BaseSquatch, 2023 Tesla Y Performance
Your Bronco Model
Base
Factory upgrade kits. For example, a kit to add adaptive cruise control to a Bronco that didn't come with it. The kits can be developed for heated seats, heated steering wheel, cameras, 8" to 12" screen kits, etc.

A simple V6 transmission skid plate that can work with Sasquatch package skid plates

Sponsored

Tricky Mike

Badlands
First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
21 Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I would get that if it was a totally different type of part. It's a few (laser, plasma, or waterjet) CNC cut parts with a few bends and some powder coat.

You could maybe, MAYBE, argue the nesting is completely different, but I don't think so looking at the parts (and having experience nesting).

I would say that there is a 99% probability it's "Bronco tax".
I'm sure there's some Bronco tax, a for profit business will take every penny people are willing to pay and Bronco owners are more than willing. I'm just going of my experience. If I debut a new product and have a run of say 50 made to test reception, I'm losing money on each sale. But if the second batch I order 500, then I can turn a profit. Just one hole has to be different to be a new batch and lose that bulk discount.

Pygar

Wildtrak
First Name
Trey
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Ford Bronco Wildtrak; 2016 Ford Mustang GT
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Sub rattles are easily fixed. Fender flares won’t happen. Small companies are not going to have a stamp built and buy the machine. Hand forming would be too labor intensive. Thats why almost all aftermarket martial parts a flat pieces welded together or just tubing bent.
If it was easily fixed, doesn't explain why dealer can't fix it.

I agree on the stamps, but its still what I would want to see, the cheap ass plastic really takes away from the vehicles.