Jon
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2014 FJ Cruiser, 1990 Toyota pickup, 2021 Audi Q8
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

lolll it's the Cricut! but yes, if anyone has vinyl decals they'd like to make - i can definitely try to help!
Yup, what @jasminekd said lol. I've made them but they're kind of a pain. The Cricut is super popular and a better/newer solution than what I have. Some of the designs posted can be changed to one-color so they will work as decals, and if anyone wants that, just ask and we'll see. But that's the trick, designing for just one sheet, which is similar to turning designs into 3D where you have to print one color at a time.
Sponsored

CanadianHorseMan

Badlands
First Name
Rob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Shelby GT350R || 2019 Golf R
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

So, these are the numbers I made for 2 boats. How are these printed? Are they printed 3 times, and layered? Or is there such a thing as vinyl “printing”.

as you can see by the 3rd picture it’s printed on a very nice 3M vinyl that is metallic blue, gold metallic pinstripe around the numbers, pink drop shadow, with another metallic gold outline...

I designed and made the illustrator file, but how is it actually printed? The girl who printed them usually does prints to wrap cars and stuff so she knows her stuff and she printed these numbers flawlessly!

Ford Bronco B6G members-made custom Bronco logos, badges, stickers thread - submit your work here 96F6E235-9BC8-4416-84FD-7999231CAE28
Ford Bronco B6G members-made custom Bronco logos, badges, stickers thread - submit your work here 3C4A373B-688B-4F34-9778-FA167984A58E
Ford Bronco B6G members-made custom Bronco logos, badges, stickers thread - submit your work here 3A7BF88B-D0E5-45A7-B2E7-28DAFBB79770

Natai

Badlands
First Name
Sean
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Nissan Sentra, Mercedes GLC
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Yeah. I've got a Cricut maker. Good for single color designs, but anything more complicated and it's not worth the time when you can get a quality sticker or decal for less than $20. You'll spend more than that on the vinyl going through trial and error.
Alternatively, you could get some printable vinyl, print it, and then cut it out with the Cricut. Still time consuming until you get the process down. You're also limited to about 7x10 with this setup, and most printable vinyl doesn't work with laser printers. Probably still have to coat the vinyl with something to make it weather proof, so again probably not worth it.

Anyway, here's an example of the mountain pass/snow location design:
Ford Bronco B6G members-made custom Bronco logos, badges, stickers thread - submit your work here EngineerPass

elmystico

Badlands
First Name
Jon
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

So, these are the numbers I made for 2 boats. How are these printed? Are they printed 3 times, and layered? Or is there such a thing as vinyl “printing”.

as you can see by the 3rd picture it’s printed on a very nice 3M vinyl that is metallic blue, gold metallic pinstripe around the numbers, pink drop shadow, with another metallic gold outline...

I designed and made the illustrator file, but how is it actually printed? The girl who printed them usually does prints to wrap cars and stuff so she knows her stuff and she printed these numbers flawlessly!

96F6E235-9BC8-4416-84FD-7999231CAE28.jpeg
3C4A373B-688B-4F34-9778-FA167984A58E.jpeg
3A7BF88B-D0E5-45A7-B2E7-28DAFBB79770.jpeg
I believe this is done through layering of the different color vinyls. You print each color of the design separately using registration marks, then cut each part of the design in each color and apply the parts one at a time as layers using the registration marks. This gives you a single decal "built" from its separate color parts to make the combined decal. Like @Natai said, it is very time consuming, requires super careful application of each layer to the base color and IMO is not worth the effort.

jasminekd

Big Bend
First Name
Jasmine
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Toyota Camry
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
Clubs

haha, I actually googled it! I had no idea this kind of thing even existed. It would definitely work for the single color badges, like the awesome dogsquatch badge! Haha

I will resist from checking ebay, cannot dip into Bronco fund!
You can also layer so then can do other colors

Sponsored

jasminekd

Big Bend
First Name
Jasmine
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Toyota Camry
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
Clubs

I believe this is done through layering of the different color vinyls. You print each color of the design separately using registration marks, then cut each part of the design in each color and apply the parts one at a time as layers using the registration marks. This gives you a single decal "built" from its separate color parts to make the combined decal. Like @Natai said, it is very time consuming, requires super careful application of each layer to the base color and IMO is not worth the effort.
Yea, cricut is much easier for one color vinyl decals, but I sell printed stickers everyday and use my cricut everyday after printing. They look like store bought stickers lol. Not bad. I also do make layered decals. The printable vinyl that @Natai mentioned is not permanent so that wouldn’t work. I can make decals up to 11.5”x 22”

I have made decals for cars :) so one color vinyl decals are great for words or just a basic design! I already got a ton of ideas for the decals I need lol ?

CanadianHorseMan

Badlands
First Name
Rob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Yea, cricut is much easier for one color vinyl decals, but I sell printed stickers everyday and use my cricut everyday after printing. They look like store bought stickers lol. Not bad. I also do make layered decals. The printable vinyl that @Natai mentioned is not permanent so that wouldn’t work. I can make decals up to 11.5”x 22”

I have made decals for cars :) so one color vinyl decals are great for words or just a basic design! I already got a ton of ideas for the decals I need lol ?
you must post pics of your Cricut Bronco when it’s all decked out :)

CanadianHorseMan

Badlands
First Name
Rob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

it looks like one decal though...like I can’t delaminate the layers...is it fused together or something?

elmystico

Badlands
First Name
Jon
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

it looks like one decal though...like I can’t delaminate the layers...is it fused together or something?
Hmm, maybe more of an industrial vinyl printer.

Sponsored

BroncBro

Wildtrak
First Name
Jeff
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Tacoma 4x4
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

Well, it looks like it’s official. There will be no Sasquatch badge from Ford.

Ford Bronco B6G members-made custom Bronco logos, badges, stickers thread - submit your work here 4C235A25-ED14-4EEC-B653-2008D44B706F

elmystico

Badlands
First Name
Jon
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Posting a tweaked version with a different font in case anyone is interested.

Ford Bronco B6G members-made custom Bronco logos, badges, stickers thread - submit your work here badlands-bombsaway_v2

(The Police song is constantly in my brain due to this!)

Natai

Badlands
First Name
Sean
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Nissan Sentra, Mercedes GLC
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Continuing the idea of different shape stickers for different kinds of destinations, I want to put together some more examples. Below is what I have so far, but I'm looking for some requests to add more.

So what are some off road destinations you're planning to visit with your Bronco that you would like to see a sticker for? Tell me the place, in which of the categories below you think it should fall, and a link to any iconic images of the location you think should be incorporated.

Mountain Passes, High Altitude Trails, Snow & Ski DestinationsBlack Diamond Shape
Ford Bronco B6G members-made custom Bronco logos, badges, stickers thread - submit your work here minishapeBD
Ford Bronco B6G members-made custom Bronco logos, badges, stickers thread - submit your work here EngineerPass
Beaches, Coastal Dunes, Oceanside DestinationsOuter Banks Shape
Ford Bronco B6G members-made custom Bronco logos, badges, stickers thread - submit your work here minishapeOB
Ford Bronco B6G members-made custom Bronco logos, badges, stickers thread - submit your work here OceanoDunes
Desert Dunes and DestinationsWildtrak Shape
Ford Bronco B6G members-made custom Bronco logos, badges, stickers thread - submit your work here minishapeWT
Ford Bronco B6G members-made custom Bronco logos, badges, stickers thread - submit your work here DeathValley
Forests and Alpine DestinationsBase Camp Shape
Ford Bronco B6G members-made custom Bronco logos, badges, stickers thread - submit your work here minishapeBasecam
Ford Bronco B6G members-made custom Bronco logos, badges, stickers thread - submit your work here RubiconTrail
Canyon, River, and Overland DestinationsBig Bends Shape
Ford Bronco B6G members-made custom Bronco logos, badges, stickers thread - submit your work here minishapeBB
Ford Bronco B6G members-made custom Bronco logos, badges, stickers thread - submit your work here GrandCanyo
Everything else...Badlands/FE Shape
Ford Bronco B6G members-made custom Bronco logos, badges, stickers thread - submit your work here minishapeBL
Numerous examples throughout this thread

PecOBX

Big Bend
First Name
Peter
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1985 Jeep CJ7
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
Clubs

And here's a concept for the more coastal style destination sticker:
Ford Bronco B6G members-made custom Bronco logos, badges, stickers thread - submit your work here minishapeBL
I like the idea, but am awful at photo shopping. Anyone think they do the above layout - putting Outer Banks where the Oceano Dunes is - by rotating one the these photos. Taken on the beach in Duck, NC. I liked the idea of the sole tire marks being on the sand.

A1ED8D41-2F4D-4BBA-931D-6EE4588A5C6A.jpeg

E6D21580-BEC6-45F0-8B85-B5CC102CA70F.jpeg
Sponsored