Greg
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
17 Ford Escape Ti, 94 Ford Mustang GT, 21 BL
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I like the idea of some trail stickers...thinking hex shapes like Catan. The wife has a couple friends and 2 cousins that have Cricket and I have an old co-worker that has an etsy company they use a Cricket for as well.

If I get the Bronco in time for our Sept trip to CO next year I am hoping to hit up from the condo in Keystone. Warden Gulch, Ruby Gulch, Red Cone, Slaughterhouse Gulch...hitting up Peru Creek/260 getting to some of these along with Chihuahua Gulch. Also going to try and squeeze a trip to Ouray to try Poughkeepsie Gulch and/or Engineer's and/or Cinnamon pass. We will be there for 10 days so it just depends on how much the wife (and buddies) wife put up with us doing this...lol.

Natai

Badlands
First Name
Sean
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Nissan Sentra, Mercedes GLC
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I think a thin proportional block style font would suit the Bronco styling better. Font without the “tails” or glyphs (is that what they are?)

buuut that does look very cool lol
I agree that a sans-serif font looks better for general Bronco styling. But for these I'm trying to go with styling based on the location, with each sticker looking different (despite having similar shapes). To me, part of what makes a collection of trail badges interesting is how different they look.
Excellent photo choice and colors, sir.
Thanks. It's actually a combination of 4 or 5 photos, all modified, layered, and recolored.

Sponsored

Natai

Badlands
First Name
Sean
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Nissan Sentra, Mercedes GLC
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Another concept, this time for the forest/alpine destination, using the iconic Rubicon Trail.

I decided to simplify the rim shape, so it's not just an inverted BL/FE badge shape. It also allows for a bit more flexibility. Also, normally I would use a more contrasting color for the text, but in this case I'm mimicking the actual sign at the start of the trail.
Ford Bronco B6G members-made custom Bronco logos, badges, stickers thread - submit your work here RubiconTrail

Sponsored

CanadianHorseMan

Badlands
First Name
Rob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Shelby GT350R || 2019 Golf R
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I agree that a sans-serif font looks better for general Bronco styling. But for these I'm trying to go with styling based on the location, with each sticker looking different (despite having similar shapes). To me, part of what makes a collection of trail badges interesting is how different they look.

Thanks. It's actually a combination of 4 or 5 photos, all modified, layered, and recolored.
ahhhh, now that you put it that way I get it! Nice touch. Haven’t been to Death Valley but I get the idea of the serif font though.

R

CanadianHorseMan

Badlands
First Name
Rob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

sooo guys I have one of those die-cutting machines that cuts vinyl... I can definitely produce some decals :)
holy, nice. Who has a vinyl die-cutting machine???? I designed all my boat registration numbers (don’t like hardware store numbers :sick:), would love to have my own machine.

I should post them...for a web developer I say I did pretty well with illustrator! Lol

jasminekd

Big Bend
First Name
Jasmine
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Toyota Camry
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
Clubs

holy, nice. Who has a vinyl die-cutting machine???? I designed all my boat registration numbers (don’t like hardware store numbers :sick:), would love to have my own machine.

I should post them...for a web developer I say I did pretty well with illustrator! Lol
lolll it's the Cricut! but yes, if anyone has vinyl decals they'd like to make - i can definitely try to help!

elmystico

Badlands
First Name
Jon
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2014 FJ Cruiser, 1990 Toyota pickup, 2021 Audi Q8
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

A few companies make some decent plotters/cutters for home use that are relatively affordable, under $200, that work on vinyl, foil, paper and more. Lots of folks use them to make fancy cutout paper products that can be pretty intricate. I may end up using my wife's really old plotter to make some color vinyl decals for the grille lettering.

CanadianHorseMan

Badlands
First Name
Rob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

lolll it's the Cricut! but yes, if anyone has vinyl decals they'd like to make - i can definitely try to help!
haha, I actually googled it! I had no idea this kind of thing even existed. It would definitely work for the single color badges, like the awesome dogsquatch badge! Haha

I will resist from checking ebay, cannot dip into Bronco fund!
Sponsored