Caleb
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Silverado - Company Edition
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

For those who have converted from a soft top to the turn top - does this image below basically represent what's needed to be removed?

(Borrowed this image from another thread)
Ford Bronco Turn Offroad | Aftermarket Hard Top NOW AVAILABLE 1707312384346

There are some comments/threads out there; however, If someone could document everything for others who will be doing this transition, that would be super helpful.
Sponsored

Dadsquatch

Outer Banks
First Name
Brad
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Ford Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

Shawn_1121

Outer Banks
First Name
Shawn
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
22 Bronco OBX A51
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

love the slant back. once my oem shits the bed, this is coming. great work @Turn Offroad

newsman9

Badlands
First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Okay folks, here you go :) Be nice in the comments, I'm pretty new to this shit.

Great job Tommy. Questions on the in-person install - I see you drove up alone in your soft top. Did they help you remove and stow it? And was the installation extra?

A competitor requires all soft top hardware to be removed and charges a fee for install. I'd like to turn this into an excuse for a road trip, but not super jazzed about driving west with no cover whatsoever.

Razorback

Badlands
First Name
Bill
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Lincoln MKX
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Great job Tommy. Questions on the in-person install - I see you drove up alone in your soft top. Did they help you remove and stow it? And was the installation extra?

A competitor requires all soft top hardware to be removed and charges a fee for install. I'd like to turn this into an excuse for a road trip, but not super jazzed about driving west with no cover whatsoever.
Wife and I pulled in last week. They took off the soft top, installed the hard top, and slid the soft top in for us. Best vendor I've worked with!

Sponsored

604Bronco

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.bronco6g.com
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ford Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

For those who have converted from a soft top to the turn top - does this image below basically represent what's needed to be removed?

1707312384346.png

There are some comments/threads out there; however, If someone could document everything for others who will be doing this transition, that would be super helpful.
Almost - You’re missing the metal black brackets on both sides under the plastic trim. The soft top brackets mount to those black brackets.

In your picture, what are the black brackets at the bottom? Are they mounted to the bottom of the soft top? I don't recall seeing those.

Last edited:

newsman9

Badlands
First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Wife and I pulled in last week. They took off the soft top, installed the hard top, and slid the soft top in for us. Best vendor I've worked with!
Forgot you did that too! That is so great. I'm ready to pull the plug as soon as Turn is able to get some specificity on white top availability, but still keeping options open as frustrating as it has been.

Faust

Badlands
First Name
Caleb
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Silverado - Company Edition
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Almost - You’re missing the metal black brackets on both sides under the plastic trim. The soft top brackets mount to those black brackets.

In your picture, what are the black brackets at the bottom? Are they mounted to the bottom of the soft top? I don't recall seeing those.
I'm not quite sure - someone else in another thread provided this.

This is why I'm hoping someone wouldn't mind taking some time to document it - it would be tremendously helpful to others.

I'm in one of the later batches, or I'd do it.

JediMcMuffin

Badlands
First Name
Tommy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco Badlands
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I haven't had mine in the rain (yet) - Did you find it helped "clean off" some of that greasy sheen on the hard top? Or did you wash it? It looks a lot more matte in colour in your pictures, which is great.
no washing! these photos were taken during a very brief break in the rain

604Bronco

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.bronco6g.com
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ford Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

no washing! these photos were taken during a very brief break in the rain
Might just be the lighting and the rain messing with me. I do find the top looks more matte when it's cloudy or dark out - Not overly worried about it. I'll wash it one of these days 😁

Sponsored

Dadsquatch

Outer Banks
First Name
Brad
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Ford Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

Would you guys say the TOR top is “black” in person, or more of a “very dark grey”?

604Bronco

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.bronco6g.com
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ford Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Would you guys say the TOR top is “black” in person, or more of a “very dark grey”?
It's definitely black.

I just went into the garage and grabbed my high-powered LED work light to try to showcase it better. The pictures didn't turn out as amazing as I had hoped, but hopefully it helps you. You can see it up-close compared to my matte black vinyl wrap as well.

Edit: From TOR's website: "High-Quality Finish: Single-stage, UV-resistant black paint."

Ford Bronco Turn Offroad | Aftermarket Hard Top NOW AVAILABLE tempImageLlc81e

Ford Bronco Turn Offroad | Aftermarket Hard Top NOW AVAILABLE tempImage0FVwmu

Robrod802

Black Diamond
First Name
Rob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Bronco 4 Door
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond

Ford Bronco Turn Offroad | Aftermarket Hard Top NOW AVAILABLE tempImage0FVwmu

There are also (2) brackets in the rear cargo area behind the plastic panels that need to be removed.

If anyone finds themselves with these soft top parts and you want to get ride of them I'd be more than happy to take them off your hands.

rodmf

Wildtrak
First Name
Rod
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Grand Cherokee
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Okay folks, here you go :) Be nice in the comments, I'm pretty new to this shit.

Great video! If I want to feel the wind, I'll take off that front top. I was also planning on take the whole thing off on some special days. Based on a comment you made, I'm wondering how practical that is. Is the back section meant to be taken off and put back on? Or is it pretty much supposed to stay on and then you just remove the front top if you want to go open air? Thank you!
Sponsored