Brad
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Ford Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

The decibel reading was down to 67-68. Took me a while to get a reading as the rain was pretty intense. I did get some good video which I’ll process and upload tonight. Genius me forget to remember that 5000 feet up it’s a wee bit chilly this time of year.

Nate Harrison grade is a pretty choppy truck trail. It revealed some squeaking in the hinge above the driver but releasing the hinge and refastening it made it quit.
View recent photos.jpeg.png
For comparison purposes, I tested the dB for my OEM MIC top via the same un-scientific way (Apple Watch) and was reading between 68-70dB. Sasquatch package + I have a Borla S-Type Axle Back exhaust.
Sponsored

CKXVII

Outer Banks
First Name
CK
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
F-150
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

It's definitely black.

I just went into the garage and grabbed my high-powered LED work light to try to showcase it better. The pictures didn't turn out as amazing as I had hoped, but hopefully it helps you. You can see it up-close compared to my matte black vinyl wrap as well.

Edit: From TOR's website: "High-Quality Finish: Single-stage, UV-resistant black paint."

tempImageLlc81e.jpg

tempImage0FVwmu.jpg
What are the dimensions of that domed TOR decal? 1”x3”?

JediMcMuffin

Badlands
First Name
Tommy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco Badlands
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

For comparison purposes, I tested the dB for my OEM MIC top via the same un-scientific way (Apple Watch) and was reading between 68-70dB. Sasquatch package + I have a Borla S-Type Axle Back exhaust.
Good point, and I did intend to mention that i'm on still running the Sasquatch goodyears territory MTs, at 33,000 miles they're a bit noisier than they used to be. i managed to get the soft top out of the back of the rig this morning and get my seats back up and into place, so i'm curious to see how things sound now with the interior back in shape and none of that soft top linkage rattling around.

FilmcoBronci

Black Diamond
First Name
Wes
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco 6G
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

Sponsored

Dadsquatch

Outer Banks
First Name
Brad
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Ford Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

Does anyone know what TR10 means? What does TR stand for and what's the significance of the number 10? I'm assuming they're picking up where they left off with some of their Jeep hardtop models, but I have no idea.

604Bronco

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.bronco6g.com
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ford Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

People who got 2 doors are clearly committed to having a hard top not all soft top owners are. They claim to be of superior quality and build. If that were true seems like it would be business 101 to supply a higher quality hard top to owners who have to have a hardtop and aren't willing to settle for a soft top in the first place.
I would respectfully disagree. I think there's lots of 2 door owners who might prefer a soft top (or not top, depending where they live).

Many of us "settled" for a soft top to get our vehicles sooner, with full expectation we could find a hard top (from Ford or aftermarket) down the road. Why do you think Ford quickly came up with the hard top prep kit, ensuring all 4 doors were wired up to support a hard top down the road?

604Bronco

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.bronco6g.com
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ford Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

People who got 2 doors are clearly committed to having a hard top not all soft top owners are. They claim to be of superior quality and build. If that were true seems like it would be business 101 to supply a higher quality hard top to owners who have to have a hardtop and aren't willing to settle for a soft top in the first place.
https://www.bronco6g.com/forum/thre...ket-hard-top-now-available.77794/post-2100774

Here you go - Back from November 2023 - They mention that there will be a 2 door version in the works. You can rest easy now.

OP
OP
Turn Offroad

Turn Offroad

First Edition
Base Sponsor (Level 1)
First Name
Cole
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 First Edition
Your Bronco Model
First Edition
Clubs

Does anyone know what TR10 means? What does TR stand for and what's the significance of the number 10? I'm assuming they're picking up where they left off with some of their Jeep hardtop models, but I have no idea.
Thanks for the question! TR10 stands for "Trail Rating 10" it'll be the series for the product and will identify accessories that work with the top an example would be "TR10 window rotopax mount".

Sponsored

604Bronco

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.bronco6g.com
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ford Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Thanks for the question! TR10 stands for "Trail Rating 10" it'll be the series for the product and will identify accessories that work with the top an example would be "TR10 window rotopax mount".
I was JUST looking for options to mount on the rear window. I sure hope your solution doesn't require a roof rack to mount it - This seems to pretty much be the only option on the market right now.

I can't wait!

OrangecrushBronco

Outer Banks
First Name
Jeremy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
22 Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

JediMcMuffin

Badlands
First Name
Tommy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco Badlands
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Interesting I messaged them yesterday and they said they had no plans to make one. Maybe they have the same communications teams as Ford. Lol.
You can complain all you want, but they probably threw up the cost of tooling it out vs the number of tops they'd need to sell to even turn a profit and I bet its very much upside down. I think perhaps shade here should be pointed at Bestop for not making a full soft top for the 2-door after 2.5 years.

OrangecrushBronco

Outer Banks
First Name
Jeremy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
22 Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

I would respectfully disagree. I think there's lots of 2 door owners who might prefer a soft top (or not top, depending where they live).

Many of us "settled" for a soft top to get our vehicles sooner, with full expectation we could find a hard top (from Ford or aftermarket) down the road. Why do you think Ford quickly came up with the hard top prep kit, ensuring all 4 doors were wired up to support a hard top down the road?
Well, good luck with that. Ford can't even replace the damaged hardtops that already exist. I suppose some people would prefer a ragtop, but for me- never they cerak,leak and can be easily broken into. You are spot on about the no top but that's not realistic for years round daily driving.
Sponsored